Worldspreads upgraded!

marlintrdg said:
I have accounts with WS, CS and Fins, I had accounts in the US with tradersnetwork, (commodities futures), optionsxpress & mytrack, but its getting too much with rules and condition changes day to day, also one can easily slip into a "Pattern Day Trader" and have to minimum equity of $25,000 minimum in your account to trade..

I like the SB because its easy, I have a CFD account with ODL's but SB is allot easier to deal with, I'll live with the spreads, their that much different than options.

Who and what is an KYC?, and how is it outside of their legal jurisdiction? Why is it "strange locations"? whats wrong with us? My farther served in the RAF and my grandfather and uncle drove Kings back in steam days. I didn't realize SB is only for the UK.
Nassau sure sounds like a nice place to trade from during the winter time!

Best of luck with your trading!

this new thread is proving to be a good read .

think we need £1000 cashbacks now (on your first week loses)
and the fairy tale will be finished.

I currently use CMC , and have looked into trading with worldspreads on there 1 point spreads.
Could someone recommend a charting package to use with with the ftse and dow futures.

Thanks.

lemons said:
I currently use CMC , and have looked into trading with worldspreads on there 1 point spreads.
Could someone recommend a charting package to use with with the ftse and dow futures.

Thanks.
EOD or RealTime??

dcarrigan said:
this new thread is proving to be a good read .

think we need £1000 cashbacks now (on your first week loses)
and the fairy tale will be finished.
Ha Ha! That was a good one. Honestly, I would gladly hand over every single trading penny to Worldspreads, that is if the losses were caused by my own bad judgment but in fair play on their part. Anyway, all is well, in my own trading Worldspreads have so far lived up to my expectations. However, it surely would be nice to hear from other traders as well, who are at the moment trading live at Worldspreads and would like to share their experience after the actual speed upgrade.

gle101 said:
it surely would be nice to hear from other traders as well, who are at the moment trading live at Worldspreads and would like to share their experience after the actual speed upgrade.

Unfortionally I cant answer your question, I am not allowed to trade on instant execution. I can only trade over the phone, or very slow referred to dealer.Apparently WS have upgrade their platfrom. I say this to you gle101:very lucky guy that you are allowed back trading with WS. You said in you first post on here. you made over 800% off them, but apparently they have phoned you to come back trading with them again. since they have upgraded their platfom.Thats very kind of them. However, I only made 100% off WS I never had such a phone call. I have been asking Marvin at WS if I can be taken off referred to dealer. But still waiting for an answer. its been about 2 months now of asking. :devilish:

Last edited:
you'd think if the platform is genuinely up to speed that they wouldnt have an issue with anyone being reffered to dealer.

The only reason an SB firm would be raped by a savvy client is if they have quotes sooo slow that a punter with an RT feed can pick an optimal entry and exit.

more fool the SB if they have an infrastructure so sh!t that they let that happen to them. Why not just lube up and bend over?

the fact that some clients are *still* on dealer referral suggests to me that nothing much has changed.

Arbitrageur said:
you'd think if the platform is genuinely up to speed that they wouldnt have an issue with anyone being reffered to dealer.

The only reason an SB firm would be raped by a savvy client is if they have quotes sooo slow that a punter with an RT feed can pick an optimal entry and exit.

more fool the SB if they have an infrastructure so sh!t that they let that happen to them. Why not just lube up and bend over?

the fact that some clients are *still* on dealer referral suggests to me that nothing much has changed.
Well I guess that works both ways. In fact not many would accept a delay of quotes at the direct market access either. One does at times need to get out of a position very quickly and in fast moving markets this is definitely a necessity. One is not forced to trade with Worldspreads, it is a free choice. Of course at the same time a company has the right to reject a client, and like in any ordinary business arrangement this is a standard procedure. The spread betting industry is a very competitive industry and if clients are not pleased with the products offered they have the option to move on and look elsewhere.

marlintrdg said:
EOD or RealTime??
For Realtime I used http://www.advfn.com for web based and http://www.quote.com for the PC.

I have Sharescope for end of day, (very pleased). I have had a look at their realtime offerings but found them far to much for me.

Note: In the demo for ADFN they say all features are available, I did not find this to be so, After I subscribed I found allot more bells and whistles available, as it should be.

Be careful signing up for any realtime services, the art of "nickel and dimeing" is alive and well here, also when canceling, they tend to have bad memory's and forget to stop billing your credit card.

gle101

You seem defensive over Arbitrageur comments it seems strange you replied to him but not to me

gle101 said:
it surely would be nice to hear from other traders as well, who are at the moment trading live at Worldspreads and would like to share their experience after the actual speed upgrade.

I answer it again for you.… I am not allowed to trade on instant execution. I can only trade over the phone, or very slow referred to dealer :devilish:

laptop1 said:
gle101

You seem defensive over Arbitrageur comments it seems strange you replied to him but not to me

I answer it again for you.… I am not allowed to trade on instant execution. I can only trade over the phone, or very slow referred to dealer :devilish:
maybe if you had some connection to ws they would let you trade live?. this thread not really working in there favour..

laptop1 said:
gle101

I can not answer the same question over and over again. Please have a look at my reply concerning this issue at post no. 12.

gle101 said:
I can not answer the same question over and over again. Please have a look at my reply concerning this issue at post no. 12.
gle101
OK, go back to post 12. I answer it again for you.… WS apparently phoned you, to come back trading with them even though you made over 800% off them. I only made 100% and had no such phone call.
gle101 said:
Hi Laptop1,
It is kind of hard to compare profits like you are doing in your post. I guess that it also depends on the total amount won as well. Perhaps your stakes were a bit higher than mine and therefore took a lot lesser time before any action was taken by Worldspreads.
!
Basically what you are saying. If you make money you will be on referred to dealer. The amount of money you win should not come in to it. If that was the case. it's not worth trading with them, unless you are a looser.
gle101 said:
Speaking for myself, I have never experienced Marvin or Worldspreads as being impossible in any way. On the contrary, they have shown me that if you treat them fairly they will respond in the same vein. What ever the issue between you and Worldspreads I do hope that you can solve it to the best interests of all concerned.
!
How you treat them, do you mean suck up to them. Look I only want to trade on instant execution and a 1 pip spread as advertise.I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG worldspreads are the one who have put me on referred to dealer. I am just you average trader trying to make a few bucks.

We are not stupid around here by the way.

laptop1 said:
gle101
OK, go back to post 12. I answer it again for you.… WS apparently phoned you, to come back trading with them even though you made over 800% off them. I only made 100% and had no such phone call.

Basically what you are saying. If you make money you will be on referred to dealer. The amount of money you win should not come in to it. If that was the case. it's not worth trading with them, unless you are a looser.

How you treat them, do you mean suck up to them. Look I only want to trade on instant execution and a 1 pip spread as advertise.I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG worldspreads are the one who have put me on referred to dealer. I am just you average trader trying to make a few bucks.

We are not stupid around here by the way.
If you were offended by my reply, this was not my intention at all. However, I think I need to make this totally clear. I am not a representative of Worldspreads and do not have any financial interest in the company whatsoever, apart from being a trader who uses their platform.

Your interaction with Worldspreads, is something between you and Worldspreads alone. It has nothing to do with me as a person and the way I portrait my personal experience with Worldspreads. I hope you will respect this standpoint.

I will continue to give my viewpoints on Worldspreads from what I have experienced because I do think people want to know about Worldspreads after the speed upgrade. I have a right to express my honest opinion of Worldspreads on the T2W forums, just as you are entitled to express your own. It is also my prerogative not to answer a post if I feel it is an issue that does not concern me in any way and also, as it happens, does not come under my jurisdiction. That is the way it works on every other forum that I am a member of and I am sure it applies to T2W forums as well.

gle101 said:
If you were offended by my reply, this was not my intention at all. However, I think I need to make this totally clear. I am not a representative of Worldspreads and do not have any financial interest in the company whatsoever, apart from being a trader who uses their platform.

Your interaction with Worldspreads, is something between you and Worldspreads alone. It has nothing to do with me as a person and the way I portrait my personal experience with Worldspreads. I hope you will respect this standpoint.

I will continue to give my viewpoints on Worldspreads from what I have experienced because I do think people want to know about Worldspreads after the speed upgrade. I have a right to express my honest opinion of Worldspreads on the T2W forums, just as you are entitled to express your own. It is also my prerogative not to answer a post if I feel it is an issue that does not concern me in any way and also, as it happens, does not come under my jurisdiction. That is the way it works on every other forum that I am a member of and I am sure it applies to T2W forums as well.
Well, do tell us how marvellous their new upgrade platform is. Because I dont bloooody know. Still on referred to dealer.

By the way you English is very good considering you live in Sweden

laptop1 said:
Well, do tell us how marvellous their new upgrade platform is. Because I dont bloooody know. Still on referred to dealer.

By the way you English is very good considering you live in Sweden
And yours is dreadful in any event, embarrassing it is...:rolleyes:

SOCRATES

I know now what Jesse Livermore felt like when trading in the Bucket shops back in the 1920s. not a lot have changed in good old 2006. They just got a new names.

laptop1 said:
SOCRATES

I know now what Jesse Livermore felt like when trading in the Bucket shops back in the 1920s. not a lot have changed in good old 2006. They just got a new names.
Well don't do it. Trade in the real market instead. You will need a bigger deposit but you will not get all that nonsense. But there again, the real market can be like formula 1 compared to go kart racing, so it is your choice.

Go kart racing, lol, good way to describe WS. I do trade the real market, mostly YM and EUR Futures. I only trade 2 to 3 hours a day and got plenty of time on my hands.

It would be great if I, or anyone else could trade on a 1 pip spread and Tax free But in the real world of trading this is just a dream. It would seem. I only lasted 4 days trading with WS before placing me on referred to dealer. My sister has also had an account with them. She have taken her case to the FOS.

One day last week I lost $2,000 doing a silly trade, one does from time to time. WS could have had my money, if I was allowed to trade with them...their loss. lol

I have kept quite regarding WS, but this new thread have brought out the old feelings I have on them.…