Why the hurry for the big bucks...?

I was curious as to why N R was driven to include his thoughts on ODDT in his signature. Never really took much notice of ODDTs posts and thought perhaps it was based on some falling out in the past.

Now I get it.

A serious question though - do you guys think it's necessary to have programming skills as part of a successful trading plan/to be successful? Obviously the more strings to the bow the better and all that, but as it's consuming most of my spare time trying to get something to work based on reading charts manually, programming isn't something I have looked at yet.

C

A serious question though - do you guys think it's necessary to have programming skills as part of a successful trading plan/to be successful? Obviously the more strings to the bow the better and all that, but as it's consuming most of my spare time trying to get something to work based on reading charts manually, programming isn't something I have looked at yet.

C

No.

Thanks. Good to hear.

All the tools that you need are already out there. To be honest, I really think that simple is best when it comes to trading.

As for testing, there's no substitute for going through bar by bar manually. This will teach you about trade management, which is far harder than entry.

Who said you can not operate both strategies i.e automated plus manual discretionary?.Two different styles of trading , one involves no effort once automation is set up.

To the rescue......

Attachments

• bragger.jpg
    bragger.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 197
All the tools that you need are already out there. To be honest, I really think that simple is best when it comes to trading.

As for testing, there's no substitute for going through bar by bar manually. This will teach you about trade management, which is far harder than entry.

I agree with the first paragraph whole heartedly, and agree on a qualified basis the second. If you do attempt or learn to program, you'll find yourself going through the simulation bar by bar at some stage any way, in order to properly check that your code is doing what it should.

I would recommend learning to code.. you can backtest strategies fairly easily using programs such as ProRealTime. Amibroker is probably the best backtesting software available, although it will take you a while to get used to the C++ variant.

At some point, hard work will be involved, whichever route you take.. !

The sad thing is, the idiot known as ODDT believes that automated systems require "no effort".

Hmmmmmm well there is significant effort in their development, and on-going effort in their maintenance. But whatever.. let him run his 42 strategies even though he thinks discretionary trading is superior (he must have a LOT of capital!!)

It is good, but what I like most about it is the fact that Captain Obvious will try TO :))) rescue the brain, not try AND :)() rescue it.

Good work Neil.

The captain knows a few retards on this forum , retards whose brains are incapable of achieving more than precoded lines of rules , in other words the phucker's brain does not work in trading.The phucked up retard keeps bashing O DT,WHEN HIS OWN BRAIN IS FOOKED AND USELESS.

The captain knows a few retards on this forum , retards whose brains are incapable of achieving more than precoded lines of rules , in other words the phucker's brain does not work in trading.The phucked up retard keeps bashing O DT,WHEN HIS OWN BRAIN IS FOOKED AND USELESS.

In poker this is called "steaming"

The sad thing is, the idiot known as ODDT believes that automated systems require "no effort".

Hmmmmmm well there is significant effort in their development, and on-going effort in their maintenance. But whatever.. let him run his 42 strategies even though he thinks discretionary trading is superior (he must have a LOT of capital!!)

Just for your info , the family owns a private bank:LOL:, hence the fx interest.