Why the hurry for the big bucks...?

I'm here to learn. If you're so unbelieving, why not help me post a screenshot of today's chart? It'll show you that by following simple entry rules, the pips can flow.

I'm here to learn. If you're so unbelieving, why not help me post a screenshot of today's chart? It'll show you that by following simple entry rules, the pips can flow.

Reply to this, click 'go advanced' scroll down to 'manage attachments' and upload you screenshot.

Whoever Medbs is . Why soooo cynical, guys?

He was the guy that said his trades were 100% profitable, then proceeded to wipe out his account with two trades that failed. The strange thing was that by making such a ridiculous claim people actually followed his every move and some even defended him when started to make excuses. Seems the more ridiculous claims you make the more people follow your thread.

Attachments

• 1st Aug  web.jpg
    1st Aug web.jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 136

If you're making 50pips every day for the last year I think you're the teacher !! That's a cool £125,000 you've made at £10/pip. It does beg the question why not raise to say £30/pip now and make a cool £375,000 this coming year...?

ps. i'm not saying what you're doing is not possible, i'm saying you're one of the "good" traders, so have confidence in yourself and make your "million"... I am jealous as I gave forex a go and failed miserably, I turned to equity and found my spot..! but no where near your account performance :(

You said this:

Well, what can I say. My system returns at least 50 pips a day and has done for at least a year.

You said you can then ramp this up to make over a bar per year.

I am saying why are you not doing this at your maximum size? (drawdown limit or whatever you want to call it)

Surely, all a trader has to do is make 50 pips a day on a consistent basis to make good money. Automated or manual, it really doesn't matter. Even 25, using a system that delivers consistently safe pips will make anyone who uses it a small fortune.

If you have a system that does make 50 pips a day, that you can trust, then by ramping up the bet size, over £1M could be made within a year, with the risk to capital getting less the longer it goes on.

Look at it another way. A trader probably needs to win less than 20% of all pips per day, to have a lucrative career... no?

When you put it like this, it sounds so easy! Why isn't everyone trading and making millions.. hmmm...

This line of argument is what's know as "specious", an all too common occurrence on t2w (arguments usually postulated by people who aren't familiar with trading).

OK guys. I can see nothing but cynicism here (or maybe envy / incredulaty).

If you look at the update chart below FROM TODAY and look at the right hand price scale, how can you not believe that my system makes over 50 pips a day? At the moment of writing this, it's up almost 300 pips and using my system I'm in for all of them. Now it may lose a few once the trend reverses, but I ain't gonna lose 300 + pips and wipe it out, am I and certainly not every single day?

I'm not saying a gain of about 300 pips in a day is normal, it's not, but believe me, overall it's at least 50 and more like 100, even when the index is not trending. It very, very rarely has a losing day.

Attachments

• 1st Aug 2 web.jpg
    1st Aug 2 web.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 126
OK guys. I can see nothing but cynicism here (or maybe envy / incredulaty).

If you look at the update chart below FROM TODAY and look at the right hand price scale, how can you not believe that my system makes over 50 pips a day? At the moment of writing this, it's up almost 300 pips and using my system I'm in for all of them. Now it may lose a few once the trend reverses, but I ain't gonna lose 300 + pips and wipe it out, am I and certainly not every single day?

I'm not saying a gain of about 300 pips in a day is normal, it's not, but believe me, overall it's at least 50 and more like 100, even when the index is not trending. It very, very rarely has a losing day.

you don't fill me with confidence with this statement...!
Are you trying to tell us by showing us how you have done on ONE day, means your System makes 50pips/day everyday...? I think you might need to tell the guys here a bit more than that...............

Are you trying to tell us by showing us how you have done on ONE day, means your System makes 50pips/day everyday...? I think you might need to tell the guys here a bit more than that...............

Ignore this nonsense, it's just a wind up.

You guys crack me up. You can lead a donkey to water......

It's made about 300 pips today. Today just happens to be ...today. I guess I have no divine right to expect you to believe me, but your cynicism is your own problem.

If my post has wound you up, I'm truly sorry, that wasn't my intention, which was to (a) partly agree with the original poster, in that, a slow, sure approach is a good way to go about things and (b) that 50 pips a day is not complete fantasy.

Tell me guys, why wouldn't you believe that a system that clearly makes 300 pips on one particular day wouldn't average at least 50? Are your indicators giving you 300 pip days, ever? I don't think they can be.

Good luck to you, Trader Q...

I hope you have discovered the holy grail and have this magical system that somehow works. I hope you're not too heartbroken when/if you find out, just like so many did before you, that there's no magic, no silver bullet, no 50+ or 300+ or whatever pips per day. I don't wanna sound like goose and the rest of the folks in this thread, who sound like parents admonishing a bright-eyed naive kid, so I'll say nothing. May the Force be with you!

Loving the fact that ODT has apparently spent another $500,000 in between April and now, with the same amount of hours (10,000 hours to create his magical systems)...makes no sense whatsoever - more contradictions here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...fitable-automated-trading-10.html#post1108020

ODT Oil......Trader. No I'm not him. I'm NOT bragging or trying to sell anything.

However, I did spend many, many hours tweaking here, tweaking there and studying what worked and what didn't.

Believe what you wanna believe, guys. It's no skin off my back.

ODT Oil......Trader. No I'm not him. I'm NOT bragging or trying to sell anything.

However, I did spend many, many hours tweaking here, tweaking there and studying what worked and what didn't.

Believe what you wanna believe, guys. It's no skin off my back.

I can believe you, and I think there are others that maybe can achieve 50pip/day (most days), and they have to be exceptional traders. However, to achieve that, I believe you need to be day trading instruments numerous trades per day, say 10+ trades per day, 2% or so risk per trade, and you need to be damn good at it...! You can then achieve that 50pip/day.
I would love to have a go at achieving such a system, however, I have a good day job that pays extremely well with far less risk and I don't have the time for such endeavours...
If you're willing to explain your means in this sort of detail, then it may generate some positive conversations with others ?

Yes, people would love to know my exact methodology, but like most people, I wasn't born yesterday.