Why do people lose money on the market?

SOCRATES said:
Ha Ha Ha I can do what you cannot dream of Ha Ha Ha

You are a prisoner of your own warped perceptions, whereas I am free to do as I please.

I sometimes think you really should address the vast majority of your posts, this being a prime example, to yourself in the mirror.

It should be said with dramtic irony of course, and a rather OTT hammy performance, sort of Bela lugosi like in Ed Wood for example.

From one creature of the night to another

Priceman said:
What was that program called where you had someone on stage singing or something and the hook used to pull them off (so to speak!) when the crowd started getting bored... I have visions of Socrates trying to stay on the grand stage and the crowd baying for his blood ! Hilarious thread.

I'm sure he'll come back clear and concise and answer all the points raised on here... soon.... perhaps... or am I just one of the 95% that live in hope ;)
You see Priceman, you have a short memory. You remembef how some weeks ago I deleted something you percieved as valuable, why was that ?

I could already detect you do not deserve to be helped either.:LOL:

You would like me to but I am not going to, not because I cannot but because I don't want you, as all of you are only fit for one thing, which is to tease you rotten.:LOL: ..Ta Ta.

Pat494 said:
Nothing like a bit of Soc baiting to liven up and start the day
Oh cruel world ?????????????????
LOL
:cheesy:
Soc baiting ? Ha Ha Ha. You have got it the wrong way round sonny.:LOL:

I am enjoying myself immensely with all of you.:LOL:

I have now finished for the day and can devote the rest of it to amuse myself. as I please.......and in the nicest possible way........you have to graft. You have a lot of graft in front of you.....you have....you know...:LOL:

Notice how it is that the really realy expert members are not joining you with your ideas and nonsense...Just pause to think and consider that if you can.:LOL:

SOCRATES said:
I have now finished for the day and can devote the rest of it to amuse myself. as I please

And what will you be doing with the other hand . . . :LOL:

rols said:
To read 3000 of any one person's posts and publicly declare the fact may sound to some as a deep declaration of love and admiration.
Not exactly rols, I am used to being stalked by the odd obsessed individual who continues to behave like some sort of thwarted mistress....Just like The Bramble used to do, bless him, and all his nicks...:LOL:

dbphoenix said:
Always a pleasure watching a charlatan's facade crack and crumble :)
Ha Ha Ha Charlatan you say ? Ha Ha Ha That is rich coming from you...Ha Ha Ha....since all you can regurgitate is what you have read in a handful of books...at a push I can probebly tell everybody what they are..Ha Ha Ha...And all of them are out of date in todays modern and fast moving markets, but you insist ...so that's OK as well...:LOL:

I do agree with those before though Matt. move it to the foyer but leave it open unmoderated. Certainly shows a few things about a few members this way and has made for a highly amusing read!

All of you in here who are trying to stimulate me into tit for tat argument at your level do not realise your own stupidity, which is staring you in the face.

You lead yourselves to think all of this is capable of upsetting me. I assure you it is not.

You provide entertainment in an otherwise relentless, sometimes boring profession.

Also I allow you to reveal to me and others who are reading this to assess the absolute encrusted extent of your collective and individual stupidity.

All of you in here are doomed, nobody dooms you, but because you doom yourselves.

Instead of tryng indicators, and moving averages, and signals and ratios, and other rubbish you ought to be working to improve yourselves instead of making yourselves look stupid.

You do not realise all of this is not about money. It is about getting it consistently right. This is also a reason why people like you lose money in the market.

Additionally all of this is about brain power, of which obviously you have none or at least very little.

It is brain power that allows the trader to be consistently right and not the motivation of making money, that is an added bonus but not the main focal point of the excercise.

The main focal point of the excercise is to overcome and succeed, and then to fully master, and then to perfect and then to absolutely and unquestionly master in totality, regardless of what instrument it is, or which market, or under which circumstances and in whatever size.

All of you are annoyed because you do not get it consistently right. This annoyance at not getting it consistently right is what stimulates you to behave the way you do, it is obvious to me as it is to others.

Very funny it is. Ha Ha Ha.

wasp said:
Certainly shows a few things about a few members this way
Really. ;)

SOCRATES said:
All of you in here who are trying to stimulate me into tit for tat argument at your level do not realise your own stupidity, which is staring you in the face.

You lead yourselves to think all of this is capable of upsetting me. I assure you it is not.

You provide entertainment in an otherwise relentless, sometimes boring profession.

Also I allow you to reveal to me and others who are reading this to assess the absolute encrusted extent of your collective and individual stupidity.

All of you in here are doomed, nobody dooms you, but because you doom yourselves.

Instead of tryng indicators, and moving averages, and signals and ratios, and other rubbish you ought to be working to improve yourselves instead of making yourselves look stupid.

You do not realise all of this is not about money. It is about getting it consistently right. This is also a reason why people like you lose money in the market.

Additionally all of this is about brain power, of which obviously you have none or at least very little.

It is brain power that allows the trader to be consistently right and not the motivation of making money, that is an added bonus but not the main focal point of the excercise.

The main focal point of the excercise is to overcome and succeed, and then to fully master, and then to perfect and then to absolutely and unquestionly master in totality, regardless of what instrument it is, or which market, or under which circumstances and in whatever size.

All of you are annoyed because you do not get it consistently right. This annoyance at not getting it consistently right is what stimulates you to behave the way you do, it is obvious to me as it is to others.

Very funny it is. Ha Ha Ha.

rossored said:
thread moved to the foyer as it's not really general trading chat anymore
I do not agree with you. It is perfectly on topic and it shows why people doom themselves to fail.
It reveals how and why people misdirect themselves to put their attention on the wrong things.
It show very clearly why things are the way they are and how people make themselves unsuitable for trading besides a lot of other weaknesses, but of course, it hits at the very bullseye of their egos, and that is what causes all the rudeness and nastiness.

Why do people lose money on the market ? This thread shows it very clearly for those with the stomach to digest it, that's all.

don't pick on rosso - he wouldn't know what a General Trading Chat is if it hit him over the head!

For yourself sox I am not surprised by the level of engagement you choose to adopt. You presume too much and don't read content properly. You choose to ignore issues that may cause you discomfort, or even 'heaven forbid' have to admit you were wrong. Again these are bad traits for a trader.

Now, I assume you have remembered by now, given blackcab's useful posting of the aide memoir, of your admission to losing £4.1m trading, after it slipping your memory earlier. And I am sorry, your turnover/losses garbage doesn't wash - I will explain that to you too if you need an explanation as to why.

So why? To get back to the nub of this discussion.

SOCRATES said:
I do not agree with you. It is perfectly on topic and it shows why people doom themselves to fail.
It reveals how and why people misdirect themselves to put their attention on the wrong things.
It show very clearly why things are the way they are and how people make themselves unsuitable for trading besides a lot of other weaknesses, but of course, it hits at the very bullseye of their egos, and that is what causes all the rudeness and nastiness.

Why do people lose money on the market ? This thread shows it very clearly for those with the stomach to digest it, that's all.

Exactly. Bertie continues to set new standards for rude and insulting behavior due to the sensitivity of his ego, not to mention its size. Let these posts stand, by all means.

FetteredChinos said:
dont worry, nurse comes round with the medication at 4, so we should be in the clear after that..
What are you on about ?

Here we are talking about why it is that people lose money in the market.

They do so because they are not suitable to take on the mission of trading.

Now you might think all this is avoidable by endlessly coding software to exonerate people from thinking. :rolleyes:

I have news for you. Martkets cannot be coded. Markets do what markets do, and you are wasting time and effort in trying to do the contrary.:LOL:

SOCRATES said:
What are you on about ?

Here we are talking about why it is that people lose money in the market.

Sorry, Bertie, that train left the station long ago. The thread has been and is about you, just as you wanted. That you've been fluttered is amusing to all of us :LOL:

SOCRATES said:

Moving this thread has alarmed me most seriously!

I agree with Socrates that the posts on this thread have been perfectly on topic albeit many in a subliminal way. Am I to understand that in order to keep this post in its original category we have to talk about complex psychological issue at a superficial level?? This is simple nonsense as psychological issues by their very nature are bound to provoke responses that can only be interpreted fully and correctly by careful inward analyses rather than by taking as read consciously scripted answers.

I for one say this thread should be put back.

in2uxs said:
Moving this thread has alarmed me most seriously!

I agree with Socrates that the posts on this thread have been perfectly on topic albeit many in a subliminal way. Am I to understand that in order to keep this post in its original category we have to talk about complex psychological issue at a superficial level?? This is simple nonsense as psychological issues by their very nature are bound to provoke responses that can only be interpreted fully and correctly by careful inward analyses rather than by taking as read consciously scripted answers.

I for one say this thread should be put back.

If you put it back, it shows on the front page, and posts like Bertie's diminish the site.

As they say in the South, if it ain't pretty, don't put it on the front porch. :)

Prettiness is for flowers and for women.

Prettiness is not a factor for heated discussions regarding why people many university educated, and have at their finger tips a world of information go out of their way to lose all their money on the stock market.

Your use of the word pretty has hit the nail on the head. We live in a pretty world where anything not shrink wrapped in cellophane and marketed in glorious Technicolour must be eradicated at once. It is this symptom that has produced lazy thinking in the masses, and a "anyone can do that attitude".

Even the moderators who have now seen the ugliness of damaged psychology rear its head in this thread have now shunned this room into the wilderness.