Why do people lose money on the market?

bizzarrdi said:
don't pick on rosso - he wouldn't know what a General Trading Chat is if it hit him over the head!

For yourself sox I am not surprised by the level of engagement you choose to adopt. You presume too much and don't read content properly. You choose to ignore issues that may cause you discomfort, or even 'heaven forbid' have to admit you were wrong. Again these are bad traits for a trader.

Now, I assume you have remembered by now, given blackcab's useful posting of the aide memoir, of your admission to losing £4.1m trading, after it slipping your memory earlier. And I am sorry, your turnover/losses garbage doesn't wash - I will explain that to you too if you need an explanation as to why.

So why? To get back to the nub of this discussion.
Not content with stalking me all over this thread, and behaving like a frustrated, obsessed and thwarted mistress just like the Bramble used to do, and a nuisance, now it seems you would like to impersonate me as well.:LOL:.

Sadly for you, that is not possible.

It is not possible for you to be me.

And I would shudder at the thought of being condemned to be you....:LOL:

There is clearly something very seriously wrong with you. It is patently obvious to several of us already if not to you.

You best course of action may be to consult a psychiatrist about your condition, and to do so without further delay.

in2uxs said:
Prettiness is for flowers and for women.

Prettiness is not a factor for heated discussions regarding why people many university educated, and have at their finger tips a world of information go out of their way to lose all their money on the stock market.

Your use of the word pretty has hit the nail on the head. We live in a pretty world where anything not shrink wrapped in cellophane and marketed in glorious Technicolour must be eradicated at once. It is this symptom that has produced lazy thinking in the masses, and a "anyone can do that attitude".

Even the moderators who have now seen the ugliness of damaged psychology rear its head in this thread have now shunned this room into the wilderness.
Exactly.

SOCRATES said:
Not content with stalking me all over this thread, and behaving like a frustrated, obsessed and thwarted mistress just like the Bramble used to do, and a nuisance, now it seems you would like to impersonate me as well.:LOL:.

Sadly for you, that is not possible.

It is not possible for you to be me.

And I would shudder at the thought of being condemned to be you....:LOL:

There is clearly something very seriously wrong with you. It is patently obvious to several of us already if not to you.

You best course of action may be to consult a psychiatrist about your condition, and to do so without further delay.

Again you make a very personal attack, and within it you again display some serious psychoses and paranoia - I am not The Bramble btw.

I do not want to be you - I have never said or implied I want to be you. I have not stalked you - I am just interested, particularly given how much you have to say, in the answers to my questions.

We have further established today that you have a very selective memory, and that there is more than a sniff perhaps of the 'economic with the truth' element about some of your posts, and yet you appear to be in some state of self dillusional denial. Bit sad really - it was not my aim in asking the questions to expose your frailties so mercilessly.

Hey, but c'est la vie!

dbphoenix said:
If you put it back, it shows on the front page, and posts like Bertie's diminish the site.

As they say in the South, if it ain't pretty, don't put it on the front porch. :)
They don't diminish the site, to the contrary they enlarge the site.

The enlargement involves showing clearly the results of envy and other corrosive inabilities brought to the surface easily when I push the buttons most would not like pushed or even for them to exist if at all possible in the world of flowers on the porch that you would like to exist for your own benefit, so that you can pontificate nonsense out of books endlessly just to see yourself in print, unchallenged.:rolleyes:

The world of trading is a tough world, the sooner you grow up the better.

in2uxs said:
Prettiness is for flowers and for women.

Prettiness is not a factor for heated discussions regarding why people many university educated, and have at their finger tips a world of information go out of their way to lose all their money on the stock market.

Your use of the word pretty has hit the nail on the head. We live in a pretty world where anything not shrink wrapped in cellophane and marketed in glorious Technicolour must be eradicated at once. It is this symptom that has produced lazy thinking in the masses, and a "anyone can do that attitude".

Even the moderators who have now seen the ugliness of damaged psychology rear its head in this thread have now shunned this room into the wilderness.

Don't make too much of it. Discussions are not ugly per se. Only when people like Bertie make them so are they relegated to "the wilderness". If members want a grown-up discussion of why people lose money in the markets, fine. But they can't expect to call each other stupid, dunces, worthless.

SOCRATES said:
They don't diminish the site, to the contrary they enlarge the site.

The enlargement involves showing clearly the results of envy and other corrosive inabilities brought to the surface easily when I push the buttons most would not like pushed or even for them to exist if at all possible in the world of flowers on the porch that you would like to exist for your own benefit, so that you can pontificate nonsense out of books endlessly just to see yourself in print, unchallenged.:rolleyes:

The world of trading is a tough world, the sooner you grow up the better.

The only thing enlarged here is your ego.

As for envy, why, given that you've never had a single original thought.

You are, however, a master at corrosiveness.

Fortunately, you have access to psychiatric care 24/7. :)

bizzarrdi said:
Again you make a very personal attack, and within it you again display some serious psychoses and paranoia - I am not The Bramble btw.

I do not want to be you - I have never said or implied I want to be you. I have not stalked you - I am just interested, particularly given how much you have to say, in the answers to my questions.

We have further established today that you have a very selective memory, and that there is more than a sniff perhaps of the 'economic with the truth' element about some of your posts, and yet you appear to be in some state of self dillusional denial. Bit sad really - it was not my aim in asking the questions to expose your frailties so mercilessly.

Hey, but c'est la vie!
What frailties are these ?

You are obsessed, that is clear.

I have explained, that is clear.

Now what more do you want ?

I cannot be you and you cannot be me.

I have already told you several times but it does not seem to land.

And I am being very gentle and considerate to you and not really seriousl hosing you down as you deserve, so there.

dbphoenix said:
The only thing enlarged here is your ego.

As for envy, why, given that you've never had a single original thought.

You are, however, a master at corrosiveness.

Fortunately, you have access to psychiatric care 24/7. :)
What are you talking about now ?

It is precisely because I have origninal thought that I am not willing to share unilaterally and unconditionally and indiscriminately that people are stimulated to respond the way they do wnen they are thwarted.

That is why I do not post charts or boast or other nonsense like you do.

I do not need to prove anything, you should know that.

I am not corrosive.

I am truly constructive, it is just that what I have to say is medicine too strong for most to take, and that includes you.

What I am doing is giving you the facts, the bare knuckled facts, that you don't like, so there.

SOCRATES said:
What frailties are these ?

You are obsessed, that is clear.

I have explained, that is clear.

Now what more do you want ?

I cannot be you and you cannot be me.

I have already told you several times but it does not seem to land.

And I am being very gentle and considerate to you and not really seriousl hosing you down as you deserve, so there.

Your frailties are all centred around your inability to accept an inate truth - when exposed you respond in personal attacks, attempts to discredit, and general flailing around. Again not good traits for a trader. I am not obsessed, but there is value from time to time in reminding the good folk on these boards, that all, with you in partiicular in mind in this instance, is not what it perhaps seems.

As for being gentle and considerate, so am I sox, so am I - when I spot a trader (like you?) with a gimp (like you?), I will invariably seek to take the good leg from under him, metaphorically, and if necessary as it was sometimes in the pit, literally!. Years of training.

bizzarrdi said:
Your frailties are all centred around your inability to accept an inate truth - when exposed you respond in personal attacks, attempts to discredit, and general flailing around. Again not good traits for a trader. I am not obsessed, but there is value from time to time in reminding the good folk on these boards, that all, with you in partiicular in mind in this instance, is not what it perhaps seems.

As for being gentle and considerate, so am I sox, so am I - when I spot a trader (like you?) with a gimp (like you?), I will invariably seek to take the good leg from under him, metaphorically, and if necessary as it was sometimes in the pit, literally!. Years of training.
Don't talk more nonsense than you have talked already, complete and utter rubbish you talk.

But if you persist in doing so, I am here to have fun with you, and you know very well I can wipe the floor with anyone who dares to be impertinent to me.

You cannot tell me what is and what is not a good trait for a trader, you must look to yourself and carefully and probably painfully inwardly reflect.

The trading day is over. I am allowed to have fun with you if I like.:LOL: What is more, I have earned the right to do so, whereas in your case I can distinctly detect by the way you present your ideas, that you are probably on the first few rungs of this, if at all.:LOL:

SOCRATES said:

It is precisely because I have origninal thought that I am not willing to share unilaterally and unconditionally and indiscriminately that people are stimulated to respond the way they do wnen they are thwarted.

I am not corrosive.

I am truly constructive, it is just that what I have to say is medicine too strong for most to take, and that includes you.

What I am doing is giving you the facts, the bare knuckled facts, that you don't like, so there.

anyone care to spot which of this statements may , or may not be, a lie, based upon empirical evidence? i'd like to start the bidding at 6...

SOCRATES said:
Don't talk more nonsense than you have talked already, complete and utter rubbish you talk.

But if you persist in doing so, I am here to have fun with you, and you know very well I can wipe the floor with anyone who dares to be impertinent to me.

You cannot tell me what is and what is not a good trait for a trader, you must look to yourself and carefully and probably painfully inwardly reflect.

The trading day is over. I am allowed to have fun with you if I like.:LOL:

what happened to the "report bad post"

intimidating behaviour...

surely this must cross the site guidelines? lets see an official moderator warning please.

SOCRATES said:

I am not corrosive.

So there? :LOL:

I've never known a professional trader who goes to the extraordinary lengths that you do to diminish other traders. Otherwise your failures might move me to feel sorry for you. As it is, you're merely diverting.

Pump away, Bertie. And stay away from those pins. :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:
what happened to the "report bad post"

intimidating behaviour...

surely this must cross the site guidelines? lets see an official moderator warning please.

He's received them. He ignores them. Nothing happens. Go figure.

dbphoenix said:
He's received them. He ignores them. Nothing happens. Go figure.

I see. I thought this situation had actually been rectified and clarified. or are we still in a situation where certain members receive preferential treatment..

I missed the whole Bramble banning incident.. but this was one of the main things that got him so wound up from time to time...

FetteredChinos said:
anyone care to spot which of this statements may , or may not be, a lie, based upon empirical evidence? i'd like to start the bidding at 6...
Empirical evidence did you say ?

The Empirical Evidence which is common knowledge is that none of this can be coded, or made to be automatic, to exonerate anyone from doing the work all traders have to do. So anyone who misleads beginners to believe any of this can be systemised is guilty of intellectual and moral crime of the worst kind.

So don't throw any stones whilst you inhabit a glass house, cheeky blighter you are...:LOL:

rather that the intellectual crime of being patronising, condecending, rude, passive aggresive, and a supreme bullsh1tter dwarfs in comparison with my crime of explicit attempts to help people.

i do not talk in riddles, i offer examples and principles of methods that can be offered to develop strategies..

what do you offer, apart from a headache to all and sundry?

SOC

Maybe im wrong, but you writing style is like an ex - trader on here called Salty Gibbon.

i've merged bizzarrdi into his real name, jimbo57, just so's you all know who you're actually talking to :)