who on here actually makes money trading?

The formula for success is remarkably simple. There's a direct correlation between the amount of energy you can/wish to put in and the level of success. The success declines the moment you reduce the input. This is a universal truth applicable to golfing as well as everything else. This is how one can tell trainers suck in trading, or mediocre at best.

I am not a cynic. I am a student of universal formulas.

This is actually opposite from reality. Teaching something often makes you even better at that thing, because you have to sharpen up all the things that you may have become lazy at (as you do things automatically more and more).

E.g. trying to teach others money management systems actually sharpened up my own, as the little gaps / assumptions that I just ignored became exposed by the need to teach it.

Anyway, I traded and taught at the same time, and my outcomes showed no detrimental impact from the teaching activity. As others have commented, there is a lot of slack time as a full time trader and I have always been interested in coaching (cricket, skiing, sales ... so why not trading).

Entertaining thread though - just what is needed at the end of the day. (y)

I can give you 3 names..

1) voluptuous Tina, dark hair with green eyes.... Oooohhhrrrraaaagh. Makes me squeal like a pig every time

2) Yvonne humpalot, blonde hair blue eyes... It takes me a week to walk straight afterwards

3) Swallowing Betty, no need for explanations there

This is actually opposite from reality. Teaching something often makes you even better at that thing, because you have to sharpen up all the things that you may have become lazy at (as you do things automatically more and more).

E.g. trying to teach others money management systems actually sharpened up my own, as the little gaps / assumptions that I just ignored became exposed by the need to teach it.

Anyway, I traded and taught at the same time, and my outcomes showed no detrimental impact from the teaching activity. As others have commented, there is a lot of slack time as a full time trader and I have always been interested in coaching (cricket, skiing, sales ... so why not trading).

Entertaining thread though - just what is needed at the end of the day. (y)

but to teach something you at least need a solid foundation or else you end up doing wat Howard done and making up stupid answers to the questions you (one) ask yourself but dont understand or even know that you dont understand.

like if an alien came to england and asked me why if you drop something it goes down, I could say "yeah, I can teach you why - it's because everyones feet are magnetic for evrything. So when you let go, it goes to where your feet are". If the alien dint no about gravity or headstands, he might think I was right all his alien life.

but to teach something you at least need a solid foundation or else you end up doing wat Howard done and making up stupid answers to the questions you (one) ask yourself but dont understand or even know that you dont understand.

like if an alien came to england and asked me why if you drop something it goes down, I could say "yeah, I can teach you why - it's because everyones feet are magnetic for evrything. So when you let go, it goes to where your feet are". If the alien dint no about gravity or headstands, he might think I was right all his alien life.

You been watching planet of the apes again?

Do you think it would work as a universally adaptable pickup line for em Swedish ladies

I was taught rally driving by Juha Kankkunen - a great teacher.

Oh ... he also won the World Rally Champion title 4 times I believe.

Not such a universal formula then?

And ... my rally driving was paid for out of my trading profits (my only income), as was my multiple heli-skiing weeks each year, and so on ...

My other-other universal formula clearly states:

When man is defensive, man has something to hide.

Ask yourself this: why do you need validation from a beginner ? But I will indulge you. Give me free training, I will validate your claims, by ways of profits made from your technique, on behalf of all the people in this thread.

My other-other universal formula clearly states:

When man is defensive, man has something to hide.

Ask yourself this: why do you need validation from a beginner ? But I will indulge you. Give me free training, I will validate your claims, by ways of profits made from your technique, on behalf of all the people in this thread.

I think that u r a n00b coz u fink their is sumfink u can lurn that will makes u monies and thats it.

There’s been an awful lot of talk here about how order flow, market making privs (and not too many etcs)…are the only things that count as an edge and directional trading by itself is 50/50 at best. While I genuinely respect the opinions stated by most of the posters (not ‘snap on’, obviously) from a pro angle that’s an understandable though somewhat limited perspective.

As a tiny little retail FX boy myself who does trade vanilla directionals and makes consistent (though variable to be sure) gains playing it that way, I can confirm there isn’t too much Black Magic involved in getting the direction right. Not saying I wouldn’t be delighted to enjoy the informational and execution advantages of a pro, but then again, I wouldn’t want to give up the advantages I currently have ploughing my own furrow, my own way.

Getting the timing right, the entry right, the exit right, keeping yer fingers off the friggin keys in the interim, your head straight, your emotions in check, your risk controlled and your selection criteria focused only on grade-A ops, is slightly more of a challenge compared with simply assessing price action and direction, but doable. Honest. And all of those issues I’ve just mentioned in that last sentence equally afflict those who enjoy professional facilities and training. So the edge really isn’t in the platform or the information or the instrument or the facilities at all, it’s in the trader.

As I mentioned in a post yesterday, even with roulette (as the Red/Black analogy has been used here earlier) provides us with an edge if we choose to use it.

Plenty of cats. Plenty of skins. Plenty of ways to separate the two from each other.

There’s been an awful lot of talk here about how order flow, market making privs (and not too many etcs)…are the only things that count as an edge and directional trading by itself is 50/50 at best. While I genuinely respect the opinions stated by most of the posters (not ‘snap on’, obviously) from a pro angle that’s an understandable though somewhat limited perspective.

As a tiny little retail FX boy myself who does trade vanilla directionals and makes consistent (though variable to be sure) gains playing it that way, I can confirm there isn’t too much Black Magic involved in getting the direction right. Not saying I wouldn’t be delighted to enjoy the informational and execution advantages of a pro, but then again, I wouldn’t want to give up the advantages I currently have ploughing my own furrow, my own way.

Getting the timing right, the entry right, the exit right, keeping yer fingers off the friggin keys in the interim, your head straight, your emotions in check, your risk controlled and your selection criteria focused only on grade-A ops, is slightly more of a challenge compared with simply assessing price action and direction, but doable. Honest. And all of those issues I’ve just mentioned in that last sentence equally afflict those who enjoy professional facilities and training. So the edge really isn’t in the platform or the information or the instrument or the facilities at all, it’s in the trader.

As I mentioned in a post yesterday, even with roulette (as the Red/Black analogy has been used here earlier) provides us with an edge if we choose to use it.

Plenty of cats. Plenty of skins. Plenty of ways to separate the two from each other.

Amen bro... Well said

Edit: didn't know you into fx. Thought you were dabbling in other markets