When Are We Going 2 Cut the BS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zig

Below is my independanly verified rating at collective2.com, the win % is currently 89.5%. Early days yet and as Stockjunkie states it is the longer term that matters.

Your idea is a good but I am not sure it will work as there are far too many idiots about wanting to pull things to pieces.
I have published my actual trading accounts only to be accused to manufacturing them.

Also it is then said that statements are no good and live trades need to be given.

I remember an excellent trader Mr Marcus who did post live on this board and was helping several people but left after so much abuse even though he was making over 600 pts per week on the Dow.

There are a number of people who spoil the chances of others getting good advice and so I don't bother any more, prefering to answer specific questions from people asking for help.

attachment.php

Attachments

• c21.gif
    c21.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 939
If I had a dollar for every guy that tries to get around the true test of trading and records , I'll be a millionaire .

So what if I have 90% wins or whatever if the account is fictitious ! paper trading does not count , as if anyone is not aware of that and if they are not , then you'd better do a florida , put it to your head and pull it .

Also it is RETURNS ( ina real account of course not any paper BS ) that counts , not 90% .

What is the good of having 90% making 1% each , when your 10% losers are - 40% each ??

Lies , damn lies and statistics. LOL .

See what I mean Zig.

You post the truth then someone comes up with lies about 40% loss on losing trades.

SJ

For your information the average win is greater than the average loss and most of the trades are now limit orders which are traded through so there is no question of any slippage.

attachment.php

Attachments

• C23.GIF
    C23.GIF
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,373
FWIW, both Stock and Juan are correct.

Nearly all "traders", it seems, at least those who frequent message boards, are looking for someone to follow. They're not interested in studying the markets. They're not interested in creating and developing trading plans. They want to be told what to do. But they are at least marginally concerned about losing money. So they are forever asking for "proof" of whatever. And the loop closes.

Proof or no proof, results or no results, it's not all that difficult to tell whether someone really trades or not based on what they say. This may take considerable time, of course. But those who don't really trade will inevitably say something that gives them away. In the meantime, the follower will take what makes sense and try to do something with it and either test or ignore what doesn't make sense.

There is , for example, someone on another site who knows a great deal about trend and about trading it. He takes an extraordinary amount of abuse. And his method is not something I'd want to follow since it's beyond my risk tolerance. But I've learned a number of things from him and been reminded of others. So who the hell cares whether or not he can "prove" anything?

Trading is not a team sport. It's do-it-yourself.

I thought I'd add the view of a relative novice. I've been at this game now for about 18 months, full time for the last 6. Had a run of success recently which has now ended, and am struggling to be consistent. My biggest challenge now seems to be not taking impulsive trades, I'm best when I relax and take my time.

Whenever I visit T2W I spend about 5 minutes scanning the latest threads. Most of the time (75%) nothing interests me and I do something else. I would say about 20% of the time I read various threads and articles of interest, and 5% of the time I contribute to a thread of interest. Based purely on the number of members and the number of people that view and the number of people that post I suspect that many others use this board in a similar fashion.

I suspect that if the idea suggested by the author of this thread were implemented it would quickly become the most popular area of the board, by far.

I think it would be an excellent idea; one would have to have a very unselfish attitude to give up one's time to carry out such a task on a regular basis. What's in it for the experienced trader I ask myself? Not very much!!

I suspect it would really only work for trades of 1 day or longer in duration. Probably not suitable for the experienced day-traders.

If, as Zig suggests, he only posts the trades themselves, without the methodology behind them, then what's the benefit? Surely the whole point is to understand and replicate the METHOD?

I suspect that Zig's answer would be that each of us must really develop our own method, and take the time to put in the effort to learn ourselves. There are no shortcuts. If you want the reward then you must first pay the price!

The benefit, for me, would be that I could take him seriously, such that I could respect his views. No doubt he would then get dozens of PMs from the majority of traders who are still on the road to consistency, or who are about to take their first steps.

For me, anyone who has a higher than 50% winning trade ratio, where the average winning points is greater than the average losing points by a significant margin, then I would give them respect. I wouldn't need 2 years of trade data. 3 months would suffice for me.

My vote, FWIW, is a resounding FOR. However, Zig, be prepared to fend off dozens and dozens of PMs!! If you make the committment to do this, then I think you should carry it out in full and answer to the best of your abilities all the questions and queries that you will inevitably receive.

I look forward to the new section being added in due course...

Let's face it guys, people do what they do 'real time' or so to speak. What is the point of posting trades? It's boring! The fact of the matter is, we are more interested in the 'person' rather than the 'trade'. Why? Because we are social animals. We need to know the 'mind'. Think about it.

We all know our own minds, and we all know about psycho babble. So, no more questions......let's all just give our trades. Give a trade in advance, that is all you have to do, no questions asked. Can anybody see a problem with trades in advance? By the way, when i say in advance, be a bit level headed and mature about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What is the point of posting trades? It's boring"

"We are more interested in the person rather than the trade"

I'd just like to mention that you left out the words 'in my opinion' its boring. And I also think you should replace your 'we' with I's. Yes we all know about psycho babble thanks to your posts. And the things that you find boring will be of great interest to others. It always worries me when someone believes his own opinion on this subject will be the same as everybody else. Not everybody is gonna be interested in the person over the trades.

Cheers matey. I'm touched by your indepth analysis. It makes it all so worth while.

If this idea is something that you don't want to be involved in, the simple... don't follow the thread. I think it's a really interesting idea, it would take quite a bit of work run something like this, but it would push trader boards to an interesting place. If you came up with an idea Rudeboy that i didn't warm to, I'd simply skip to the next thread, rather than having to have a opinion on every subject around. It all comes to that bad traders trait of having to be right, in my opinion.

Last edited:
ha ha, great fun. I'm swing/position so i can be sure I'll have a setup for Monday but I''l see what i can come up with matey. I'll use my Swing/Position thread.

I agree with dbphoenix on this. We have to prove nothing, except to ourselves.

Why does this thread exist when there is already one called "Active Day & Swing Traders" that has 1353 posts to date? This one was started by khi and I haven't seen a post from him in months. Let's see how clean this new broom sweeps....

I have been putting my swing trades on there for several weeks and am getting the feeling that I am talking to myself- the other posters seem to blow hot and cold all the time. One week they are there and another they are not. The point is, I thought that it would be a good idea at the time and now I realise that I am not all that interested in what they are doing and, I suppose, they are just as interested in me!

Techst, I've read your posts over there. I'm surprised that you have not brought the matter up.

Anyway, go ahead and enjoy yourselves, boys, but I've had some and the enthusiasm has worn off.

Split

Last edited:
juanbyte said:
See what I mean Zig.

You post the truth then someone comes up with lies about 40% loss on losing trades.

SJ

For your information the average win is greater than the average loss and most of the trades are now limit orders which are traded through so there is no question of any slippage.

attachment.php

What is this graphic that is printed up ?

Is it an account statement with balance and constant start up risk capital ?

Mods Note: Edited for content. Please calm it down - there's no need to be quite so rude.

Last edited:
JonnyT said:
...Since trying to crack this for a living I've so far failed miserably....

I appreciate that this is none of my business, Jonny, but given (I assume) that you were doing well enough at one point to expect to make a good living full time out of forex, what has changed?

Is it the reather sideways markets we've been in in recent weeks, or a psychological issue?

As I say, none of my business really, but I hope you don't mind me asking the question, and if the answer is "get lost", then thats fine, too.

All the best.

If you're a consitantly profitable trader and you want adulation you can't get it from the market. You have to look to boards like these by maybe by posting trades, entering competitions etc. Personally speaking if I posted trades it'll possibly ruin my trading........there'll be too much pressure to prove myself to everyone....I for one could do with out that added pressure. Interesting thread though.

If anyone is feeling competitive please have a game of Pepsi Ski Jet. Can't get that rid of that silly champion thing on the side here. (Yep, sometimes trading is very dull and moving a silly little man around is more interesting).
<-------------------------------

What is this graphic that is printed up ?

They are the results of one of my TradeStaion programs trades where the signals are sent to be verified at collective2.com. They give they actual fill price for the trades.

Everyone has the same starting capital so that you can compare like for like.

Do you have any results to show?

zigglewigler said:
T2W has over 40k members, and not one has a verifiable ounce of ability.

lol

ive been thinking the same

how much better to get wisdom than gold, to chose understanding rather than silver!

Compared to a lot of people here my results are stellar , they have been online for months as you know and as you constantly try to deny .

Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about, I have never seen any of your reults.

I have been to your website today and clicked on the proof links but there is nothing there.

Please post or email the links, whatever you prefer.

Is it an employment letter stating that you have been employed to trade someone else's money

That means nothing, professional traders are some of the worst trader I know. A friend gave £1 million to a broker to invest an ended up with £1k.

There are quite a few traders on this site that could beat the so called professional hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.