When Are We Going 2 Cut the BS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a break off group happening, a new website will be born called www.realtradersthatwin.com where zigs rules apply. The best of best can chat knowing there in the company of real traders not the hindsight kings. This is of course is just a little joke.

We should all get a life really, it's friday night and we're all sitting in front of the computer screen

Well if it can be set up, I will throw my hat in the ring, I may not post long explanations as to why Im looking for a particular trade but every one posted has cold hard cash on it.

But if members think this is not really in the best interest of newbies then I dont mind not posting trades

I Can see the point of the idea, & if anyone wants to go ahead then fair play to them....but to be honest & realistic , for anyone seriously or attempting to trade for a living or full time, I cant see the importance.

T2Win has its uses....but trading is hard enough & takes ( for me anway) a lot of concentration. Surely ( I Know for me for a fact ) all the work I have done & continue to do is to benefit my life & the loved ones around me.......not to score points with people on website that I will prob never ever see...so the thought of putting energy into this rather than the individual trade to benefit me & mine ....doesnt seem attractive.

I have prob not explained this that well but I am sure if most think about this they would see my point. I am not totally knocking the idea....just think it comes down to what u consider important & why u trade.....if u do.

T2Win is full of a lot of BS, I agree......but then so is trading on a whole..prob always be like that...I think seeing through that is part of succeeding.

Jay

RUDEBOY said:
The point of T2W? Well the way i see it.....it's a chat forum. Live trades? Where an individual wants to post them is up to the individual. Any given individual has got to accept T2W for what it is. It's a social thing, you can't be so selfish.

It's a social thing? Oh do me a favour! You will be free to chat at length with all your friends if you like.

Again, the trading rating would be voluntary.

Proof of person? That's a life skill. Thats up to the individual to deduce who's who. That is a harsh reality of life. Newbies on here are getting are a fair deal, just as long as they are able to look at the whole picture. Zig, you are kidding yourself, you are not kidding me.

dc2000 said:
Well if it can be set up, I will throw my hat in the ring, I may not post long explanations as to why Im looking for a particular trade but every one posted has cold hard cash on it.

But if members think this is not really in the best interest of newbies then I dont mind not posting trades

Absolutely, just post the trade immediately after you've placed it, entry, stop, target, maybe expected duration, nothing else. That way it won't get in the way of the important stuff, like trading!

zigglewigler said:
T2W has over 40k members, and not one has a verifiable ounce of ability.

Legendary members are more likely to be wind bags than skilled traders.

What's the value in thousands of posts that include, 'yes', 'no', 'I quite agree' and 'Up yours!'

Lots of inane posts or worse still smilies grinning back at you without a word.

A recent thread asked whether you can make money trading or was it better to close his account etc, and the usual eager responses come, including suggestions such as picking a moving average, long above, short below, I mean frickin hell, this is lame.

If you are new to trading, the value of other inexperienced traders is worthless. Including the members here with large post numbers.

Isn't it time that T2W distinguished itself from other trading forums by offering a verifiable standard of ability. So that instead of thousands of maybe vacuous posts, members have proved themselves as traders.

So an additional rating number, that represents the number of profitable trades posted live. This should be voluntary only. And no technique has to be revealed. But those that step up to the challenge, would surely have more merit when they say 'In my experience blah blah blah'.

This idea was suggested by someone in another thread, but nobody seemed to be too excited by it. I wonder why? It's easier to talk the talk, right!?

Otherwise we'll continue with too many BS merchants leading the gullible. And that serves no one.

And yes, I'm happy to volunteer.
Why is it that you or anybody else wants this and wants that from this BB? This wanting or demanding attitude is also inane. T2W is what is.

Yes, there are many useless threads. Yes, there are endless 'nothing' posts because posters want to see their name come up on a post. Go where you can find some value or amusement on this BB. If there is nothing for you, you are not forced to visit, are you?
:)

Finlayson said:
I Can see the point of the idea, & if anyone wants to go ahead then fair play to them....but to be honest & realistic , for anyone seriously or attempting to trade for a living or full time, I cant see the importance.

T2Win has its uses....but trading is hard enough & takes ( for me anway) a lot of concentration. Surely ( I Know for me for a fact ) all the work I have done & continue to do is to benefit my life & the loved ones around me.......not to score points with people on website that I will prob never ever see...so the thought of putting energy into this rather than the individual trade to benefit me & mine ....doesnt seem attractive.

I have prob not explained this that well but I am sure if most think about this they would see my point. I am not totally knocking the idea....just think it comes down to what u consider important & why u trade.....if u do.

T2Win is full of a lot of BS, I agree......but then so is trading on a whole..prob always be like that...I think seeing through that is part of succeeding.

Jay

This would not be for the purpose of scoring any points, the idea is make T2W more than just a gassing station. Those that don't want to participate, don't have to, nor even feel insecure about standing aside either. It's for the benefit of newbies, to see actual proof that accurate calls can be made and from that a living earned.

It would not be a long term arrangement either, you post a serious of trades live over a convenient period, sufficient number to make the exercise useful, once you have a rating you can leave it at that.

'The proof of the pudding is in the eating.' To lazily quote a cliche.

fudgestain said:
Why is it that you or anybody else wants this and wants that from this BB? This wanting or demanding attitude is also inane. T2W is what is.

Yes, there are many useless threads. Yes, there are endless 'nothing' posts because posters want to see their name come up on a post. Go where you can find some value or amusement on this BB. If there is nothing for you, you are not forced to visit, are you?
:)

I'd see it as an improvement, an additional element, that doesn't interfere with what others hold dear to their hearts about T2W. Everything else could remain unchanged.

Jeez, I have hit a raw nerve. The fear levels around here are quite revealing!

zigglewigler said:
So an additional rating number, that represents the number of profitable trades posted live. This should be voluntary only. And no technique has to be revealed. But those that step up to the challenge, would surely have more merit when they say 'In my experience blah blah blah'.

Otherwise we'll continue with too many BS merchants leading the gullible. And that serves no one.

I hope that you are not refering to me as I often use the phrase " in my experience " . My credentials are freely available both as an account balance ( 6X capital ) and as in - house trader over a substantial time frame . If you want further details on this , please PM me.

I'm sorry but what exactly would " voluntary live trades " prove ?? no a damn thing , unless you are willing to do that over 2 years, say . Any fool can get lucky over a few months . This is not even considering the fact that posting of trades and the actual execution ( which should exist , since otherwise they would be fictitous trades which would matter nought ) are matched .
And this doesn't even mention that stops should be stated too , as if not , they are just punts without risk control which would prove bugger all.

It's BS dressed up as proof.

Why not put up the simplest proof of ability - an account balance over a long time and / or experience as a professional (in house trader) . Since we are cutting out the BS, the excuse of " oh my P & L is private " will not be a valid reason but a cop out .

I wonder what T2W'ers returns , including the original poster's are over the last 2 years and do they any experience as an in - house trader ?

I'm very willing to show my accounts and statements on T2W. It's the only way. Let's get it on! Live trades? I sh it 'em.

zigglewigler said:
I'll post live trades, with entry price, where my stop is, my target and not alot else.

For newbies or whoever.

It would be a verifiable document of trading.
That is a very open, brave and generous offer and one I am sure many, experienced and new traders will appreciate.

In response to the initial question, I have reviewed the entire available archives of all t2w posts and can echo another poster's comments in this thread that the real traders on this site are quite obvious. They post less now. And there are less who post now than in the past. But a few remain.

zigglewiggler, when will you be starting your live trade tutorial/review? Which forum will it be under and what will be the thread title?

Will you be trading intraday or longer action?

I look forward eagerly to seeing what could possibly start a new trend in bulletin board posts - real time - live - trades - warts and all.

10/10 for your initiative and your guts.

Stockjunkie said:
I hope that you are not refering to me as I often use the phrase " in my experience " . My credentials are freely available both as an account balance ( 6X capital ) and as in - house trader over a substantial time frame . If you want further details on this , please PM me.

I'm sorry but what exactly would " voluntary live trades " prove ?? no a damn thing , unless you are willing to do that over 2 years, say . Any fool can get lucky over a few months . This is not even considering the fact that posting of trades and the actual execution ( which should exist , since otherwise they would be fictitous trades which would matter nought ) are matched .
And this doesn't even mention that stops should be stated too , as if not , they are just punts without risk control which would prove bugger all.

It's BS dressed up as proof.

Why not put up the simplest proof of ability - an account balance over a long time and / or experience as a professional (in house trader) . Since we are cutting out the BS, the excuse of " oh my P & L is private " will not be a valid reason but a cop out .

I wonder what T2W'ers returns , including the original poster's are over the last 2 years and do they any experience as an in - house trader ?

You're not unique in using that very common English phrase. Stops are mentioned in the thread.

This can only be a live log of trades, calls that a time based, so no hindsight threads. And no it won't be the be all and end all of ability, but it would help to filter out the cr*p.

Showing account balance etc doesn't help determine your ability in terms of accurate calls, most start with small accounts. So the largest account proves what? You start with alot of cash? House trader? Who gives a rats ****? You as a house trader would be an ideal candidate, lets see how good the calls are by a 'professional'. It shouldn't take a smart guy like you long to place a series of profitable calls. We won't have to wait over a two year period for that would we? Then those new to this site can take a little inspiration.

If someone can post profitable calls over a period of a few months, every day, that isn't luck.

I have posted trades on the Live cable thread. I usually give 1 trade a day, for around 20 to 25 pips. But I dont see much point in it. I could give newbies an average of 70 pips a week trading 1 or 2 trades a day. trading the eur/usd and cable. But again I dont get nothing out of it, the funny thing, since I give some live trades I had 5 stars and it went down to 2 stars back up to 4 now, anyway the point is there are jealous people out there who dont like success.by traders offering a verifiable standard of ability

RUDEBOY said:
Zigs. If you had to trade, what would you do with the Dow on Monday? Entry, exit and stop? Please, oh lord of all live trades, please give us the answers.

If this is going to work and mean anything, then this has to be run by moderators, so that an assessment can be made without losers jumping in and saying the last trade was crap hardy har har.

I'll gladly post live trades for Russell eminis, if you'll also step up and post your Dows.

Right, I'm off for the w/end, it'll be interesting to see whether you can match my challenge when I get back.

I saw on this or the other board recently:

"Mankind are parading animals"

and I feel it explains both my own and others presence here. The only question is how we parade: some by helping (although that often wears off over time - I've retired from more than one board where my primary mode was helper); some by carping; some by humour; etc etc.

Interesting offer zig although I'm not sure the value of it. I know I can trade and I trade different things to you so I wouldn't watch. When I couldn't trade I used to watch people posting a lot but as I worked my way to a workable strategy I found I had to stop because the decisions of good traders such as yourself influenced me (with bad effect). Now that I trade fairly well I just ignore other peoples decisions and trade my plan.

The thing that I found really helpful about chat rooms and boards when I started is that I made a connection with about 3 traders who had something real to offer (one wasn't yet consistently profitable but was on his way). I figured out that they were genuine and built a conversation with them that accelerated my progress.

So maybe, thats the real potential value for a new trader.

zigglewigler said:
You're not unique in using that very common English phrase. Stops are mentioned in the thread.

This can only be a live log of trades, calls that a time based, so no hindsight threads. And no it won't be the be all and end all of ability, but it would help to filter out the cr*p.

Showing account balance etc doesn't help determine your ability in terms of accurate calls, most start with small accounts. So the largest account proves what? You start with alot of cash? House trader? Who gives a rat's? You as a house trader would be an ideal candidate, lets see how good the calls are by a 'professional'. It shouldn't take a smart guy like you long to place a series of profitable calls. We won't have to wait over a two year period for that would we? Then those new to this site can take a little inspiration.

Calls ?? what do we care about calls ? are we training to be callcentres here ?

Proof of trading is the only thing that really counts as credentials IN trading not making " calls "

Small account / big account = RETURNS over time are what I said counts . Do you know what that is ? If you do not then kindly find out before we get led on another endless irrelevant drivel.

Not only would you and most give a rat's but your right arm to be paid to trade other people's money and you know it . Very few get this offer at all , it proves one has what it takes to ... TRADE , nothing to do with posting calls on the net .

zigglewigler said:
If someone can post profitable calls over a period of a few months, every day, that isn't luck.

Nope , wrong again . Anyone can get lucky even over a few months , but the market will change in the long term . If they hold on to that during that phase and come back and continue to make high returns - that is the real test .

And that happens over a couple of years at least . if you are unaware of this then it tells me that you probably have not traded profitably consistenly over a time and your trading credentials are perhaps a lot less than you thought .

I should add and this is directed generally and not anyone specific that a simple account balance means nothing - I cold dump in $1M and con people that I am up 1M , it shows nothing of the sort . A real account balance will show :

1) Starting capital which must remain CONSTANT throughout the timeframe

2) Balance at the END of the trading period concerned .

3) Must be show 2 years minimum trading , the official statement not a modified version by the poster concerned.

4) Must show minimum 10 trades per week

A word also about competitions - again they need to be at least 1year duration, 2 preferably.

Consistency over a long time is the only proof . Luck can last even over a 1 year but not 2 , if anyone deos not know that , then they ain't done no nothing.

Last edited:
Posting live trades is b0llocks. Just a 10 second in delay in posting and something like cable
can move dozens of pips.

What you need is a trading competition, a real one, members open fresh trading accounts, you put in
10K and you trade it for six months.

Then you can you get the accounts examined by a neutral party.

In fact you would probably want some like IB to run the competition as they could easily verify the accounts, they already do a competion for students.

In the US they have trading competions, Marty Swartz in the book Pit trader talks about the competions
he won, also guys like Larry Williams are famous for their competition wins.

Zigs, i'm going to give you some ground here. I'd had a few drinks last night, so you will have to excuse my bluntness. I think there should be more 'trade posting' on here. After all, what has anybody got to hide? I'm bored with writing 'psycho babble', as Richard puts it (Mr Charts), i think. Let's spice this place up a bit.

Personally i think we are going to see a short term pullback on the U.S. majors sometime next week. But let's keep with tradition and not fight the markets. Mondays trades at the open would be buys with tight stops, let's say a 30 pt for the YM and SPX and 12 for the NQ. Sell them if it takes these out with a view to holding the positions for a few days or so. There that wasn't so hard. You can even ask me questions if you want to go into a bit more detail about price.

Status
Not open for further replies.