Legendary Members?

Always unwise for a vendor to taunt people like this. It rarely works to the vendors advantage. The Sky Hamilton thread is a good example, though he did go a bit further and threaten to shoot the 'legendaries'.

Sam wasn't tauntng me. He was talking about the quote below from a member who has since been banned for appropriate reasons. Kinda funny, actually.

oildaytrader said:
Shouldn't have employed wackypete to promote and bump up your thread,he hasn't got a clue ,you need a clever internet marketing man.Gerald ine Ratner said " I package crap in a nice looking box , and people buy it"

Peter

I don't see how the number of posts is overly relevant. I generally trade 4 or 5 times a day and have skype open and often t2win. I've average about 2 posts a day, 80% of those were done on the live trade thread when I was posting 20 times a day. if I didnt have company of other traders id go mad

I don't see how the number of posts is overly relevant. I generally trade 4 or 5 times a day and have skype open and often t2win. I've average about 2 posts a day, 80% of those were done on the live trade thread when I was posting 20 times a day. if I didnt have company of other traders id go mad

Whatever happened your 'rogue traders' thread? I had a few candidates for you the past few months, even one that threatened to shoot us.

lets get rid

there's a current growing trend of vendors who break site guidelines, by way of posting their site, email, special offers, free trials, shill threads, get found out by the mods and deleted. then, unbelievably, they have the nerve to bitch about it!

i for one have had about enough of vendors stalking the forums preying on the members.

vendors! - lets get rid!!

there's a current growing trend of vendors who break site guidelines, by way of posting their site, email, special offers, free trials, shill threads, get found out by the mods and deleted. then, unbelievably, they have the nerve to bitch about it!

This is exactly why they keep coming back, because there is no deterrent. Deleting posts doesnt put any of them off posting again, all they need is a new login.

Other vendors have received a sound thrashing because their spam brought attention to them and of course they were found wanting when it came to proving their claims. Do you think any of the 'fake testimonial' outfits will be promoting their next scams by spamming T2W? I suspect not due to the pain inflicted on their previous attempt. If their posts had been quickly deleted people would have been none the wiser, they would have lived to spam another day.

Re: lets get rid

i for one have had about enough of vendors stalking the forums preying on the members.

vendors! - lets get rid!!

LQ, maybe you can be a moderator so you can do your part to get rid. :p :smart:

Peter

Do you think any of the 'fake testimonial' outfits will be promoting their next scams by spamming T2W? I suspect not due to the pain inflicted on their previous attempt....

It suppose it depends if they are willing to pay protection money. If there's enough money to be made (and there usually is), then investing in protection from exposure makes reasonable sense.

The odd idiot trying to rip off few quid might think twice about coming back, but I cant see it making much difference to the sorts of outfits who spam here professionally and with the sites blessing.

going to open another account with a vendor badge to experience the other side...

This is exactly why they keep coming back, because there is no deterrent. Deleting posts doesnt put any of them off posting again, all they need is a new login.

Other vendors have received a sound thrashing because their spam brought attention to them and of course they were found wanting when it came to proving their claims. Do you think any of the 'fake testimonial' outfits will be promoting their next scams by spamming T2W? I suspect not due to the pain inflicted on their previous attempt. If their posts had been quickly deleted people would have been none the wiser, they would have lived to spam another day.

you are right, there is no deterrent, while i agree that deleting of scams is not beneficial for the reasons you state. the deleting of veiled ads and hooks is a must in my view.

the recent forexbangbang threads a case in point, where the invite hook was through twitter and facebook and the "mentor" she spoke of was actually posting in thread also, helping pump it all up. those sort of idiots should be removed for the safety of the members. the "fake testimonial" outfits, while their shills are banned, i agree with you the thread should stay for future educational purposes.

the allowing of vendor members doesn't in my view work very well, only the minority stick to the guidelines, the rest try to push the envelope to pimp their wares :(

I have watched these boards for a little over two years now.. I have noticed one thing that stands out predominantly.. the hatred for any "vendors" by the so called Legendary Members..

I bet there is a correlation that exists on this board..

The more posts you have racked up is indirectly correlated to how successful you are as a forex trader.. I mean, what possibly could posting 2500+ posts do for your success. do you actually have time to trade? I have noticed most "Legendary Members" have only been members for a year or so... yet have thousands of posts.. seem weird?

So how do you achieve Legendary Status? rack up as many posts as you can regardless of their relevance to successful forex trading.. in fact most posts I have noticed by legendary members are spent bashing "vendors" even when they have no idea what they are talking about...Maybe they are afraid of being 'hypnotized' into buying something?

To all the new traders out there, do your due diligence... Don't let some bitter traders (if you can call them traders) who cant seem to find success make your decisions for you. Do you really think a person will have time to trade, work out strategies, refine their trading style AND make 10-15 posts a day?? no chance. Successful traders do not spend this kind of time on Forums... They are living their lives!

There is a lot of information out there, and this forum has good introductory info... but there is no substitute for trading side by side with a successful trader. If you listen to these "Legendaries" you might just find your self addicted to forum posting for the next few years. good luck with that!!

...good trades,

Sam

Oh, dear! I've been caught out! :cry:

Have you had your beady, little, eye on me for two years?

One thing that you have done. You have brought all the "legends" out in force! Now you have a chance to clean us out in one go!

Oh, dear! I've been caught out! :cry:

Have you had your beady, little, eye on me for two years?

One thing that you have done. You have brought all the "legends" out in force! Now you have a chance to clean us out in one go!

Gasp ! Likewise - The beady bugger has defrocked me

:eek:

Do I get the privilege of bashing vendors as a senior member or do I need to post more first?

By all means! Which vendor would you like to bash first? Become a legend before your time. :clap:

It's about time that we had some real fun on this site.

Great idea for a thread Sam

i have many times jumped on the slag of the vendor motion. I do it for a reason.99% of vendors that come on here are here to rip of people who are trying hard to find a successful way of trading and are easily exploited, we've all been there. so yes you are guilty until proven innocent.In your case,were you top do a day or week of live calls on the thread,then very few could question you. i understand that's probably hard for you as you are a scalper, but do not knock people for trying to protect others.

Point taken LF, I think its great that forums exist and do have a potentially strong role in scam prevention. But to portray that every business is a scam is not helping anyone.

Regarding making live calls on the thread, I basically did that already. I offered a free live access into our trade room with a WebCam for free to members of this board with no time limit and I didn't even ask for your e-mail address or any contact information whatsoever. And I made live trades and commentary on the mic.. all you had to do was stop by. It was three solid hours per day of tick by tick commentary and coaching regarding all aspects of Forex trading. No sales. Basically free training and live trade calls. You're telling me that has no value to this board? I also encouraged open discussion on this forum in a dedicated thread to ensure transparency and to allow open reviews. The thread was referenced in wackypetes reply in this thread. Everyone that actually attended thought it had value...
no one felt any pressure to become a member and no one was contacted at a later date with any sort of sales pitch. In other words traders could log on anonymously, everyday.

So devilish, isn't it?

so am I to believe that anyone who charges for a service is a scammer? that anyone who does not provide completely free services should be scorned? I understand that there are many worthless vendors and systems out there, just like any industry. But it seems to me, if this board was really concerned about its members, then instead of demonizing all paid services, they would provide a place for services to represent what they have to offer in a way that would allow open review on this board, and require vendors to provide free information and services to its board members in exchange. precisely what I was trying to do, as a show of good faith.

you mentioned you go mad without the company of other traders. I understand that. And that is why we have created our trade room. So others can trade with other traders in a real-time, interactive environment. I know traders prefer this. And rightly so, there is no other way to learn than with other traders live. but if I don't give out completely free memberships, then I must be a scammer?I thought this was a capitalist country. Why is it you want everything for free?

regarding the number of posts made by board members... It's not overly relevant except for the fact a board member's sole basis for legitimacy rests on the number of posts that are made. That is kind of misleading, insinuating that the number of posts made is somehow related to actual forex knowledge.. seems a little scammish to me to be quite honest....

I must admit it was kinda fun imagining all the Legendaries running to their calculators to figure out how many posts per day they were responsible for.. This thread has turned into a "who's who of Legendaries" I feel honored... I am particularly proud of pboyles who was able to rack up another 10 posts.. Is there a level above Legendary?

But seriously, this board has potential, but to label all vendors as scams actually hurts your members.. Remember there is a 95% failure rate in this business (not much different than any other business). The missing link is proper training, just as learning any new skill. Playing guitar, golf, engineering, any business skill requires training, etc. to believe you all can get rich and not make a dime of investment in the education of your new skill is simply naive. Why is Forex trading so different that any paid training is deemed worthless? It is simple to do what I do. Because I trade every day already, and it's no extra effort to do it with a headset on for the benefit of hundreds of other live traders. And it was no extra effort to provide free trade room WebCam to this forum board. I thought it would be something that was unprecedented, true transparency, something I was providing that is never provided in this industry.

To your post pboyles:
Spoken like a true vendor. Check out the vendor badge.

Did you think you were uncovering anything? In my first post on this board I introduced myself as exactly who i was.. never attempted at any time hide my identity, to be sneaky, I have always been up front. I know I can be upfront because what I and my colleagues provide is a quality service, that is why i challenge the Legendaries... Because I know for a fact what it is like to be a new trader, I was there to.. and trying to piece together a strategy and develop the discipline required is a long discouraging road, and responsible for the termination of many a forex trader's career, and I wished I had gotten the right training to begin with.

again I reiterate to new traders... do your due diligence! take advantage of free trials on live trading rooms. You will learn something at the very least. Ignore systems and strategies that are not taught in a LIVE MARKET environment, and that is the only way you will see if a system can be traded.

Sam