What do I need to trade from home

OOh!
Your question is straighforward but quite difficult.
Not knowing what your level of knowledge and skill is.Trading from home to an arcade attract different types of trader.
If you are going to trade shares I think you need level2 etc (not a share trader )hope someone comes along to advice you.
I trade forex from home for this I use
1 powerful desk-top connected 2 monitors
This is used for analysis and preparation etc
1 laptop with my trading accounts on them.and watching news etc
internet high speed cable
I use cmc and Alpari as my companies and get my software free from them.
Hope this info is helpful to you
Good Luck!

And of course one must get educated to understand forex. There are lots of good resources/strategy out there to help. One of the best I have come across(aside from this site) is makemoneycurrencytrading dot co dot uk as they run free webinars and training. They also send free daily reports.

And of course one must get educated to understand forex. There are lots of good resources/strategy out there to help. One of the best I have come across(aside from this site) is makemoneycurrencytrading dot co dot uk as they run free webinars and training. They also send free daily reports.

You don't need to go to makemoneycurrencytrading dot co dot uk or whatever!
if you need to learn something go to babypips or there is plenty of info here
If you need to pay someone to learn then you are no good go find another occupation!

ok--decent pc ( I run with xp64 and 8 mb memory.) twin graphic cards -runs 4 screens -total cost £1400 ( it is a business afterall)
I only have a 2mb connection-works fine--keep your overheads as low as possible. Forget trying to be clever-I very much doubt a beginner wanting to trade shares as was mentioned is going to benefit from paying for faster connectons etc. Basic l2 approx £20 pm.( iii or similar) .Couple of brokers (free charts)and you`re away.
I make a very nice living from this gear, you don`t have to go mad.

the question is too hard to answer,bcs,i have no experience about trade from home