What do I need to trade from home

Fran8

Hi

I will like to know which software, internet connection etc will I need to trade from home and if is realy cheaper thant trading from an Arcade

Thanks

OOh!
Your question is straighforward but quite difficult.
Not knowing what your level of knowledge and skill is.Trading from home to an arcade attract different types of trader.
If you are going to trade shares I think you need level2 etc (not a share trader )hope someone comes along to advice you.
I trade forex from home for this I use
1 powerful desk-top connected 2 monitors
This is used for analysis and preparation etc
1 laptop with my trading accounts on them.and watching news etc
internet high speed cable
I use cmc and Alpari as my companies and get my software free from them.
Hope this info is helpful to you
Good Luck!

Lol show off.

If that remark is addressed to me I fell very sorry for you situation.
What I have described above is a very modest simple setup, which is very affordable.

If you want to see super setups I think there is a thread describing people trading romms with pictures

The object of the reply was to help the the poster
maybe you can try helping him by making suggestions.

I am currently saving up some money to upgrade my office but still I work suffiently on the current equipment I have.

All you need is a calculating instrument and a working computer.

Attachments

• Calculator.jpg
    Calculator.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 794
  • My work station.jpg
    My work station.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 678
I am currently saving up some money to upgrade my office but still I work suffiently on the current equipment I have.

All you need is a calculating instrument and a working computer.

Huh! There's always someone who's got a better set up than I have.
And I was told that it would never become obsolete. Salesman even told me where I could get replacement valves for it as well.:rolleyes:

OOh!
Your question is straighforward but quite difficult.
Not knowing what your level of knowledge and skill is.Trading from home to an arcade attract different types of trader.
If you are going to trade shares I think you need level2 etc (not a share trader )hope someone comes along to advice you.
I trade forex from home for this I use
1 powerful desk-top connected 2 monitors
This is used for analysis and preparation etc
1 laptop with my trading accounts on them.and watching news etc
internet high speed cable
I use cmc and Alpari as my companies and get my software free from them.
Hope this info is helpful to you
Good Luck!

Thanks for the response to everyone even if somepeople didnt answer at all and didnt make sense.

Anyway Gamma I have just graduated in Economics at the moment I do not have any expirience, at the moment Im studying to get the Certificate in Investment Management and after that Im going to london for a work experience after that I do not know what I will do but if things go ok I may start by myself.
I want to trade shares and what I have study so far is long term strategies but I do not have the finance for long term strategies but I do not like day trading what other strategies do you recomend me and if you know any book that I can study I will be very please
Thanks

Quoted: by gamma
If you are going to trade shares I think you need level2 etc (not a share trader

What is the meaning of level 2 and why if Im trading shares I do not need a share trader

Quoted: by gamma
If you are going to trade shares I think you need level2 etc (not a share trader

What is the meaning of level 2 and why if Im trading shares I do not need a share trader

Sorry about that
I meant I do not trade shares or equities
but there are a lot of members who trade equities who might come along and make suggestions to help.
Lee might make some suggestions when he stops showing off his super systems
lol

One day lee one day I will be in your league!! then will really show off!!! lol

I was saying show off to the fact you stated powerful desktop. I yet am to have 2 tft's but i have some crt's to connect. Urgh my system does not look good.

I will like to know which software,
Charting package and order package. Some can be free to very expensive.
internet connection etc
Broadband - I know very few people who have less than 4mb now
will I need to trade from home and if is realy cheaper thant trading from an Arcade
You don't need to. I read that loneliness kicks in from trading at home and I've also read it's a completely different atmosphere as you are surrounded with like minded people.

Gamma - I think a powerful set up is around £1000 minimum, not including screens. I wouldn't say that is modest. Yes i do realise alpari and cmc is free.

I wouldn't really know what i'm talking about, i'm just bored.

No hard feelings.

Ok more less I can stimate how much can it cost to build the office at home.

Kiiphil I had a look at the websites of alpari and cmc, the first one offers charts and the other one enables you to trade in the asian markets.

As I said before Im taking the exams for the Certificate for Investment Management with the cmc system would \i have to pay a comssion when a buy shares.

And are there other free softwares that does the same with the European and American stocks markets?

Gamma - I think a powerful set up is around £1000 minimum, not including screens. I wouldn't say that is modest. Yes i do realise alpari and cmc is free.

I wouldn't really know what i'm talking about, i'm just bored.

No hard feelings.

None taken my friend.
But looking at your location 1000 pounds must be chicken feed to you, From what I see about Kazakstan you guys are bleeding oil.
Have you seen the Ad on euronews looks like Heaven there.

Last edited:
Ok very good but can you guys stop arguing to see who is right and answers the question please

What are you planning on trading and how often? Intraday or EOD or weekly...?

Which market(s)?

Shares, forex, Indicies, commodities..............?

I do not trade shares so cannot give you a detailed answer I am afraid, MrCharts, Barjon and TheBlades trade stocks and shares so you could try PM'ing them for more specifics.

Software:
I would recommend you take a look at interactivebrokers for you broker, not sure about charts although they do supply them. (cheapest and widest range and very popular). A secondary chart program is advised.

Hardware:
2 monitors and a fast dedicated PC with a dedicated (connected not wireless) internet.
I personally have a laptop too, just in case of a problem with the PC and a wireless modem stick in case I have a problem with the main internet connection.

EOD, you don't need the best equipment in the world and 10 screens, just make sure you have dedicated equipment and a back up for internet connection and equipment.

As for LII (level 2 - just google it), that is a matter of preference which you will work out whether you need in time.

HTH

A regular poster who has a thread on US Stock trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-stocks/38036-how-make-money-trading-markets.html

EDIT: You could go all the way if you wanted though............. (attached)!

Attachments

• mrmarcus.jpg
    mrmarcus.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,070
Last edited: