What do I need to trade from home

Thanks very useful information, I will contact them, I see that level 2 is the form of the charts

Thanks very useful information, I will contact them, I see that level 2 is the form of the charts

No, Level 2 is depth of market - it allows you to see how many limit orders are sitting at different levels waiting to execute. Only really useful for short-term trading.

by wikipedia
market depth is the size of an order needed to move the market a given amount. If the market is deep, a large order is needed to change the price. Contrast with liquidity, the ease to find a trading partner for a given order.

You work in the sales department ?

Business getting tough right?... I know... lot of traders shutting shop

guys whos the best internet service provider. i wanted to set up with Virgin Broadband on their Fibre optic - 50Mb speeds, unlimited downloads service, but theres no fibre optic service at my place.

So from experience guys, which service provider is the best in terms of speed, stability, cost etc. i dont mind paying premium for quality

50mbps? Wow! In my country the average speed used is only around 1mbps-2mbps.. highest is 4mbps only...

l.jpg
in.jpg
e.jpg
ik.jpg
c.jpg
ms.jpg
os.jpg
om.jpg
z.jpg
mr.jpg
a.jpg
oe.jpg
f.jpg

It is always refreshing to see how helpful legendary members are to members. It is good to remember we were all beginners at one time.

I am thinking of trying to trade from Home.

I am building up the relevant equipment. Currently I have a Falcon F-22 from Trading Computers.

I have two monitors but have purchased another 24". 1 x for Charts, 1 x Trading Platform and 1 x Internet access.

For Charting E-signal, basic package $185 per month and for trading platform Trading Technologies.$750 x 1 Exchange.

the Trading Computers are very good, fast, but as they are shipped from the U.S had major gremlins on arrival. Their Customer Support is top quality and good advice, but the nagging problems with some of the computers make them slightly over priced.

I am looking at getting Direct Market Access or Dedicated Line from a Prop Shop, and then clear through them.

The capital costs are around 2,500 GBP which is much cheaper a business start up than opening up a Shop etc. Some Traders like to have two lines, one Broadband for the Charts and internet and the other dedicated for the Trading Platform. It all depends how serious you wish to take the trading.

I make a decision whether to go Prop shop or Home Based early this year.

Hope the above helps.

I use 4 years old laptop with broken red track button, neither right or left click working and my mouse has ***ed up usb port so I cant move it. I use trak to move the cursor and left mouse click to execute the trade. I swear a lot when cannot exit due to my mouse loosing connection through the usb port.
I trade from remote locations, sometime having limited connectivity through mobile broadband. hope that helps

Hi
this is my steup trading from home, i'm using trading technologies as my trading platform and a 100mbps line from home...

Guess everyone's needs/wants for hardware/software are different accordingly to their trading styles, if you need more info on the set up, feel free to pm me...cheers and happy trading/new year...

Rgds

Scmk

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 639
It is always refreshing to see how helpful legendary members are to members. It is good to remember we were all beginners at one time.

You only need one pc in order to start trading right up to consistent profitability. That's it, one PC, be it laptop, netbook, or pc. Endex.

Yeah I've successfully used my trusty old Toshy laptop (with wireless mouse) as far as the "You only need one pc in order to start trading right up to...." bit. It's just those last two words that have eluded me so far ...

:)

Still, I don't think it's lack of screens or PCs that's the reason.

Hi
this is my steup trading from home, i'm using trading technologies as my trading platform and a 100mbps line from home...

Guess everyone's needs/wants for hardware/software are different accordingly to their trading styles, if you need more info on the set up, feel free to pm me...cheers and happy trading/new year...

Rgds

Scmk

Nice setup, dude.

Yeah I've successfully used my trusty old Toshy laptop (with wireless mouse) as far as the "You only need one pc in order to start trading right up to...." bit. It's just those last two words that have eluded me so far ...

:)

Still, I don't think it's lack of screens or PCs that's the reason.

:LOL: .To be serious for a 'mo, unless somoene is scalping (proper scalping), or trading multiple markets over multiple TFs, I just do not get the point of needing so much gear...
I can load up either MT and or IT pro charts and switch through all my pairs in seconds on either of my laptops, netbook or pc/s...I cannot see how trading from home requires so much gear...I dont think I've ever looked back in anger thinking; "damn, if only I had 4 monitors I'd have seen that coming"...but heh, maybe those that do have 4 monitors and 100mbps make a mill a year..I'll scale that back and just stay happy with the one... and aim for a quarter of that..;)

If your serous about trading from home your first step is to get a reliable VPS service.

Whatever the spec of your trading setup, the most important thing to have are backups, i.e. 2nd internet connection, 2nd duplicate computer, contigency plans for power outage, a way of getting hold of your broker in the case of platform outage.

Both my computers are laptops in case we lose power. Another benefit is I can unhook the laptops from my big screens and move them around the house.
Intenet connection is 10Mb through Virgin, but I also have a backup internet connection using a 3G cellphone.
Got my broker's telephone number on speed dial (I like to be the 1st person through when their platform crashes :) )

That's all I need!

All of that is good to have but you still need a good VPS if your automated.
Now the perfect back up to your VPS is a mobile trader. Home connections are not to be trusted and providers vary a lot when it comes to downtime. If your running EA(s) all it would take is a min or 2 without service and the cycle could be thrown off enough to blow your account. VPS and your own servers are hosted very close to the pipeline and as such very rarely if ever go down.
God luck

Whatever the spec of your trading setup, the most important thing to have are backups, i.e. 2nd internet connection, 2nd duplicate computer, contigency plans for power outage, a way of getting hold of your broker in the case of platform outage.

Both my computers are laptops in case we lose power. Another benefit is I can unhook the laptops from my big screens and move them around the house.
Intenet connection is 10Mb through Virgin, but I also have a backup internet connection using a 3G cellphone.
Got my broker's telephone number on speed dial (I like to be the 1st person through when their platform crashes :) )

That's all I need!

You definately need a powerful computer that is personalised to your requirements and affordable if you want to trade from home using reliable computer.

I have bought my pc from here. These guys do speak English and can ship anywhere in the world.

http://www.gaming-shop.si/index.php/ra.html?SID=6362370c0a029879448e03c505482153

http://www.gaming-shop.si/

You can contact them and talk a little bit about the set up you require and they can build you a pc for professional traders.

They are better priced when compared to other shops.

A lot of my friends who work for hedge funds, independant traders, ex bankers, etc buy their computers from here. In europe they have a big following.

SimonK has the best advice I've seen on here.

I prefer 2 screens - 1 for Stock Analysis 1 for broker software and anything else I want running.

However, careful use of alerts,screening and stops and I can't see the problems a lot of you are going on about unless of course you're all madly trading FOREX and hanging on very price movement - 50 times per second.