Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see divergence on FTSE for a possible Short. I am already short around 5270 region with stops above 5300. What abt others?

I see divergence on FTSE for a possible Short. I am already short around 5270 region with stops above 5300. What abt others?

Agree that the FTSE should be shorted, its just trying to find the right entry level. Personally its a difficlut call as the ftse is just following the DOW which is just following the $, so v,v difficult. I will look for a short again around the 5290-5300 level, if it gets there......

Agree that the FTSE should be shorted, its just trying to find the right entry level. Personally its a difficlut call as the ftse is just following the DOW which is just following the $, so v,v difficult. I will look for a short again around the 5290-5300 level, if it gets there......
Shorted this at 5288, moved sl to BE. Michigen index lower, when it was expected to show an improvement. Will start to trail my SL down.

same

M formation on sp500 below 1091 ?

we do have a lower high so far but not a lower low

currency fell out of its previous channel so instability?

spy above its pivot

Last edited:
There is a battle going on at the moment.
Prices are very volitile are these highs.
Like many I expected this to fall fast and decline at least one percent today.
Not in the market at the moment due to sharp price movments that are purly been driven by computor block trading.
The trend is higher highs, but for me I expect a 3% decline in USA Markets next week so will be postioning for that on Monday.

stay negative till we break R1 I think

pivotp.jpg

dollar index bearish etf.the indices follow this
1 min data.dollar is bearish.the chart has broken upwards.need to see the retrace stay above the downtrend line
1 min data

dh39fd.png

higher box size
1 box reversal.a minor downtrend retracing to resistance
this a dollar bear fund.up moves =trashing dollar.stocks up

20fdqn7.png

s&p 500
15 minute data points
2.23 box size by 3 reversal
hilo data
a minor downtrend in a medium term uptrend

note... range is constricting / green lines
WHICH WAY WILL IT BREAK ??

2115owx.png

in an ideal situation,we would like to see the range coil even tighter.then place orders at the breakout points..just an opinion,not a trading tip

Gold likely to roll over....I'm shorting it antisipating 1070 and then possibly 1020....Which may coincide with a 5 to 10 percent rally of the US DOLLAR!!!

Attachments

• GOLD.jpg
    GOLD.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 201
First, notice that the index is calculated 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The USDX measures the dollar’s general value relative to a base of 100.000. Huh?!

Okay. For example, the current reading says 86.212. This means that the dollar has fallen 13.788% since the start of the index. (86.212 - 100.000).

If the reading was 120.650, it means the dollar’s value has risen 20.650% since the start of the index. (120.650 – 100.00)

The start of the index is March 1973. This is when the world’s biggest nations met in Washington D.C. and all agreed to allow their currencies to float freely against each. The start of the index is also known as the “base period”.

The U.S. Dollar Index Formula
This is strictly for the grown and geeky. Here is the formula to calculating USDX:

USDX = 50.14348112 × EURUSD^(-0.576) × USDJPY^(0.136) × GBPUSD^(-0.119) × USDCAD^(0.091) × USDSEK^(0.042) × USDCHF^(0.036)

1y4to0.gif

from babypips.com

trade weighte dollar index

There is also another kind of dollar index used by the Federal Reserve. It is called the “trade-weighted U.S. dollar index”.

The Fed wanted to create an index that could more accurately reflect the dollar’s value against foreign currencies based on how competitive U.S. goods are compared against other countries.

The main difference between the USDX and the trade-weighted dollar index is the basket of currencies used and their relative weights. The weights are based on annual trade data.

Currencies and Weights
Here is the current weighting of the index:

Euro area 17.191
Canada 15.550
Japan 9.220
Mexico 9.826
China 16.269
United Kingdom 4.500
Taiwan 2.436
Korea 3.520
Singapore 2.057
Hong Kong 1.838
Malaysia 2.124
Brazil 1.987
Switzerland 1.404
Thailand 1.435
Philippines 0.713
Australia 1.189
Indonesia 0.961
India 1.417
Israel 1.056
Saudi Arabia 0.818
Russia 1.152
Sweden 1.025
Argentina 0.485
Venezuela 0.486
Chile 0.841
Colombia 0.499
Total 100

as of june 2008
from babypips.com

Very informative thanks, dont we currently use the trade weighted index ? Stockcharts and other places for DXY will be using that also right as I would want to avoid any confusion of the two

Which may coincide with a 5 to 10 percent rally of the US DOLLAR!!!

Or not, how many times has that happened this year so far? Looks like once to me. The only significant change I think of is the fed is going to stop printing money but that means more people will sell gilts now and so increase the money supply.
I would rather bet the decline will accelerate which means stock price tags go up even if not in value

Status
Not open for further replies.