Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your website Wallstreet Mate !
It is great to see some one doing something positive .
Regards
Tom

Good Morning to all .......

and thank you very much for all your support .........

i will still be posting here too, never forget your roots

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been very busy recently and now the wait is over........

I have set up my new website now chaps and I would like to offer my kind invitation to everyone to come and join me.........(the website is 80% complete and it still needs tweaking a bit, any suggestions to improve it and any criticism is more than welcome)
http://wallstreet1928.ning.com/

I will be much more active on the website as it has a chat function which will allow us all to discuss potential set ups .......etc, in real time and I will do my utmost to give you my sincere advice(without any EGO, for free and there is no catch......you will be glad to here as I am not a shark). I really like it on T2W(especially Dentist's charts and Dr Blix's antics) and I will still remain loyal and do my utmost to post on here too. I just don't like the way this blog keeps getting hijacked by people who want to sell there services because they see how popular this thread is , and that is not what this thread is about.

I have partnered with InTheMoneyStocks.com and negotiated a discount for everyone that joins the Research Centre and Educational Webinars. I have been asked on numerous occasions from all my fellow trading buddies as to whether or not I would recommend you to join any of the InTheMoneyStocks.com educational products. The link will be on the website by tomorrow hopefully(if not by the end of the week) and I would encourage everyone to join if they really want to learn to trade the markets.

I am just a novice like you my friends, I certainly do not profess to be an expert and I never will especially after the the extreme volatility recently. We can all take the journey together and learn how to trade the markets from the experts, not from novices who claim to know how to trade because they have had a good run recently. We should only learn from professionals who have been in the business for a long time with a proven track record and have learnt from experts themselves, in an unbroken chain of knowledge which use to be the traditional way.

If you want to learn a science you must go to the professor not the student ?

The student will do his utmost to teach you everything he has learnt but he will never have the ability to quench your thirst, only the Professor has the ability to do that my friends.

I would just like to make it clear that I would never recommend any product or individual until I had well and truly benefited from it myself. I am certainly indebted to the ITMS team, with the likes of Bryan Leighton, Gareth Soloway, Lou Cardinali and Nicholas Santiago who are a remarkable bunch of individuals with years of experience and are proven seasoned traders. I have learnt a substantial amount of my technique from them and I continue to do so. I would not be the trader I am today if it were not for there amazing ability to read the markets so successfully and explain the intricacies of the variables that cause the markets to move in either direction.
http://www.inthemoneystocks.com/about_us.php

The aim is to eventually organise daily videos in order to cover the Key variables and levels for the European markets. ITMS will also be posting analysis on the FTSE 100 and the DAX in the very near future.........

I have a lot of ideas for your website(its not mine) and with all your help and support it will act as a beacon of knowledge to aid and help the new trader to become proficient independently.

I will re-quote InTheMoneyStocks famous motto;
"we aim to teach you how to fish , as opposed to feeding you the fish"

What are folks thinking here on the FTSE? Personally i am feeling that we are in a bit of a no mans land, with the bulls and bears fighting it out. The bounce in the $ should be negative for the DOW paticularily if we hold the 75.3 level on the $index as pointed out by WS on his new website. My gut feeling is that the market will go down from here but we are still in a strong up channel on the 1hr TF but in a down channel in the shorter TF? So basically I dont know. Any nother views gratefully received.
Are we hitting a double top now???

i've heard november is historically usually a bullish month pentlow.

perhaps this consolidation is, in part, due to the uncertainty about the very obvious resistance at 300, paired with the usual pull of a seasonally bullish period.

it's like a school disco.

no one wants to be the first to get up and dance (even though everyone wants to party), but, once a couple do, every one storms in.

What are folks thinking here on the FTSE? Personally i am feeling that we are in a bit of a no mans land, with the bulls and bears fighting it out. The bounce in the $ should be negative for the DOW paticularily if we hold the 75.3 level on the $index as pointed out by WS on his new website. My gut feeling is that the market will go down from here but we are still in a strong up channel on the 1hr TF but in a down channel in the shorter TF? So basically I dont know. Any nother views gratefully received.
Are we hitting a double top now???

IF you are bearish on this market and you are indecisive which way this market will move then one can

short the DAX ...no stop loss

long the FTSE no stop loss

if you believe the market is going to fall and is due a correction then the DAX will fall quicker(as it usually does).......thereby making more money on your short than your long as FTSE falls slower.

every 1 point the FTSE falls.......the dax usually falls 1.5-2 points, sometime 3 ?

if the market falls

Dax will fall say 60-100 points

FTSE will fall say 40 - 60 points maximum

close both position with overall gain of + 20 or more

or what you can do is close dax short when you think the market has bottomed and take profit......you will still be + 20-30 higher in profit on DAX , you can add the 20-30 points to your ftse long , watch the market reverse and close your position for + 50-10 points!!

worst case scenario .........

if market rallies then dax rallies quicker

but you have a hedge ...i.e. long FTSE so you will end up losing - 20 to points 30 as DAX moves quicker ?

any questions please ask me at my website as there is a live chat section

thank you

IF you are bearish on this market and you are indecisive which way this market will move then one can

short the DAX ...no stop loss

long the FTSE no stop loss

if you believe the market is going to fall and is due a correction then the DAX will fall quicker(as it usually does).......thereby making more money on your short than your long as FTSE falls slower.

every 1 point the FTSE falls.......the dax usually falls 1.5-2 points, sometime 3 ?

if the market falls

Dax will fall say 60-100 points

FTSE will fall say 40 - 60 points maximum

close both position with overall gain of + 20 or more

or what you can do is close dax short when you think the market has bottomed and take profit......you will still be + 20-30 higher in profit on DAX , you can add the 20-30 points to your ftse long , watch the market reverse and close your position for + 50-10 points!!

worst case scenario .........

if market rallies then dax rallies quicker

but you have a hedge ...i.e. long FTSE so you will end up losing - 20 to points 30 as DAX moves quicker ?

any questions please ask me at my website as there is a live chat section

thank you

Not sure about this one mate ?.. no stop loss ?. if you are going to trade the FTSE/DAX spread surely you need to close both legs at the same time.. what if you close your short DAX for the 20-30 profit that you mention.. then the FTSE falls another 50-100 points.. if you dont have a stop loss when do you close the long FTSE ?.. when it is back in the money ?.. with all due respect mate I dont think you should ever operate with out a stop loss..it could be a monetary amount rather than specific levels.

FTSE bearflag H1?

it doesn't seem to have the juice to get past 300...but ya never know :)

Attachments

• ftse bf.png
    ftse bf.png
    15 KB · Views: 141
Not sure about this one mate ?.. no stop loss ?. if you are going to trade the FTSE/DAX spread surely you need to close both legs at the same time.. what if you close your short DAX for the 20-30 profit that you mention.. then the FTSE falls another 50-100 points.. if you dont have a stop loss when do you close the long FTSE ?.. when it is back in the money ?.. with all due respect mate I dont think you should ever operate with out a stop loss..it could be a monetary amount rather than specific levels.

I totally agree my friend, sorry for not making it clear to all....hence the reason why i stated any questions please ask.

if you go back to the following paragraph I mentioned stop loss, but didn't make it clear.....

"or what you can do is close dax short when you think the market has bottomed and take profit......you will still be + 20-30 higher in profit on DAX , you can add the 20-30 points to your ftse long , watch the market reverse and close your position for + 50-10 points!!"

scenario

go long DAX..........1 contract

go short FTSE........... 1 contract

market falls hard, DAX always falls faster and harder

LIVE MARKET

short on Dax = + 80

long FTSE = - 50

if you close both positions you have made 30 points profit......

80 points profit on DAX minus 50 points profit on DAX.......

you can walk away with + 30

OR

you can take the +30 points by closing the DAX and it onto the FSTE .........

for example ........FTSE trading at 5250

you are currently - 50 ..........you add the 30 points profit from the DAX so the stop loss on FTSE is now 5220

if stop loss 5220

you have broke even ...........

market then rallies as over sold ............

you close FTSE @ 5300 ..........

@ 5350 ....you were minus 50 on FTSE , but you had made + 30 on dax as you had netted the minus 50 points from the + 80 on DAX

if you close FTSE at 5300 .............you have made another 50 points

therefore your total profit = + 80

total risk = 0

I know this is confusing chaps........ but I hope this makes sense !!

any questions please feel free to ask me at

I have been observing something lately. Go to this website: http://www.paddypowertrader.com/

Excluding Gold. Everytime the market is more than 80% in Long or Short direction, the actual market goes the other way. Specially FTSE, EUR/GBP and Wallstreet. The site updates every 15 minutes or sometimes 30 minutes. Perhaps, one should go in as soon as you have the latest percentages and ideally around US open and US close.

Has anyone looked into this?

I have been observing something lately. Go to this website: http://www.paddypowertrader.com/

Excluding Gold. Everytime the market is more than 80% in Long or Short direction, the actual market goes the other way. Specially FTSE, EUR/GBP and Wallstreet. The site updates every 15 minutes or sometimes 30 minutes. Perhaps, one should go in as soon as you have the latest percentages and ideally around US open and US close.

Has anyone looked into this?
Hi Da.desi.
think we were talking about this earlier in the week.. I have been using it for a few months and there is something to it!.. doesnt work all the time but i use it with a couple of other indicators!.. I worry slighly about the sample size.. no idea how many positions they are looking at there. Is there any other data like this from the other SBcompanies ?.. i would be happy to put together a combined view and publish it if i can get the data

I totally agree my friend, sorry for not making it clear to all....hence the reason why i stated any questions please ask.

if you go back to the following paragraph I mentioned stop loss, but didn't make it clear.....

"or what you can do is close dax short when you think the market has bottomed and take profit......you will still be + 20-30 higher in profit on DAX , you can add the 20-30 points to your ftse long , watch the market reverse and close your position for + 50-10 points!!"

scenario

go long DAX..........1 contract

go short FTSE........... 1 contract

market falls hard, DAX always falls faster and harder

LIVE MARKET

short on Dax = + 80

long FTSE = - 50

if you close both positions you have made 30 points profit......

80 points profit on DAX minus 50 points profit on DAX.......

you can walk away with + 30

OR

you can take the +30 points by closing the DAX and it onto the FSTE .........

for example ........FTSE trading at 5250

you are currently - 50 ..........you add the 30 points profit from the DAX so the stop loss on FTSE is now 5220

if stop loss 5220

you have broke even ...........

market then rallies as over sold ............

you close FTSE @ 5300 ..........

@ 5350 ....you were minus 50 on FTSE , but you had made + 30 on dax as you had netted the minus 50 points from the + 80 on DAX

if you close FTSE at 5300 .............you have made another 50 points

therefore your total profit = + 80

total risk = 0

I know this is confusing chaps........ but I hope this makes sense !!

any questions please feel free to ask me at

I for one totally understand ws and it makes perfect sense. The only caution i would suggest is for newbie newbies using it as they could get it badly wrong. So I would suggest intermediate newbies consider it only :cheesy:

Also you can guarantee that a newbie my try and do the trade the other way around. For example if they are short FTSE and think i´ve got a good idea...i will go long the DAX! I will "hedge" - And then the DAX falls harder than the FTSE etc etc

But i agree ws, used properly its a very good system.

You in any positions btw?

I am currently short the FTSE and DAX - both stops at BE.

:)

I for one totally understand ws and it makes perfect sense. The only caution i would suggest is for newbie newbies using it as they could get it badly wrong. So I would suggest intermediate newbies consider it only :cheesy:

Also you can guarantee that a newbie my try and do the trade the other way around. For example if they are short FTSE and think i´ve got a good idea...i will go long the DAX! I will "hedge" - And then the DAX falls harder than the FTSE etc etc

But i agree ws, used properly its a very good system.

You in any positions btw?

I am currently short the FTSE and DAX - both stops at BE.

sorry to be a pain but what about this scenario..
you short the DAX and go Long the FTSE as you said.. then both markets rally.. as you rightly say the DAX is more volatile than the FTSE and will rally more.. where is your stop ?.. i'm not with you on the risk=0 on this one.

Per my earlier post i decide to go short the FTSE on the basis of it looking like a double top formation , indicators in the overbought area, and the $ index moving up again to the 75.30 level. I am short from 5280 and have now moved my sl to be. Happy to leave it and see what happens.

Per my earlier post i decide to go short the FTSE on the basis of it looking like a double top formation , indicators in the overbought area, and the $ index moving up again to the 75.30 level. I am short from 5280 and have now moved my sl to be. Happy to leave it and see what happens.

Bu**er!:mad: Hit my stop and is now 15 points lower , double Bu**er!

sorry to be a pain but what about this scenario..
you short the DAX and go Long the FTSE as you said.. then both markets rally.. as you rightly say the DAX is more volatile than the FTSE and will rally more.. where is your stop ?.. i'm not with you on the risk=0 on this one.

I dont think you understood my post. I am saying that i understand WS´hedging strategy but it should be used by people who are more experienced than a newbie. Your questions/confusion and concerns highlight that you too agree that a newbie should be wary of this strategy as it would rely on a certain knowledge of good support and resistance analysis and understanding when the move is over in each direction.

But the general principle is that at some point the markets will stop going up or stop going down, and as the FTSE and DAX correlate, the theory is you can close one trade when it has finished one move in your direction and then ride the other as it goes in the other direction.
Simple in design, more difficult in practice.

How annoying was that spike?

:mad:

Is that an indication of the markets this pm?

Wonder how many stops were taken out with that one?

I know mine were, and although i was in profit, it cost me more profit! (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.