Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey wallstreet1928,

Just thought I would share my trading tips with everyone here. Although I do work for a hedge fund, I am not here to advertise any of the services, just sharing my trading knowledge with all. I hope it is usefull to everyone.

Regards,
Lakhan

sorry my friend, you are genuine ......

you are more than welcome

i get too many people on here trying to promote themselves/services as soon as they realise its one of the most active thread on T2W....

please enlighten us all with your analysis

can you please forecast the days potential movement, variables you look at as a trader at the hedge fund...

i am intrigued

GBP/USD Trading Tip : 28 Oct 2009

Update 08:30 GMT
Current Level: 1.6355
Support: 1.6185
Resistance: 1.6445

If you managed to short this yesterday from above 1.64 as mentioned - well done to you. We did not have a breakout either side though and I would still go short again if above 1.64 and target 1.63 for starters.

No problem,

Running a hedge fund you got to look at all factors including techincal analysis, rumours (always important) but most importantly in this climate is the economic indicators. Small bit of bad news right now will pull the markets down, markets only need an excuse! Take an example of yesterdays US consumer confidence and manufacturing data, markets collapsed instantly when that came out, but there were bulls ready to pounce which bought the market back up for a while.

The markets have risen too fast too soon, and is due for a pull back, however I only anticipate any pull back to be down to the 5000 for the FTSE Future (I only look at the futures!!). By the end of the year we should be higher than we are today and possible levels of 5300-5400. S&P 1150-1200 by year end is also my estimate.

This is a volatile time right now, because we are in a tug of war between the bulls and the bears - but for the short term, the bears will win.

Hi Lakhan - This is very interesting and useful as it gives us newbies better insight on how the pros think and what they look at. Keep up the posts.

No problem,

Running a hedge fund you got to look at all factors including techincal analysis, rumours (always important) but most importantly in this climate is the economic indicators. Small bit of bad news right now will pull the markets down, markets only need an excuse! Take an example of yesterdays US consumer confidence and manufacturing data, markets collapsed instantly when that came out, but there were bulls ready to pounce which bought the market back up for a while.

The markets have risen too fast too soon, and is due for a pull back, however I only anticipate any pull back to be down to the 5000 for the FTSE Future (I only look at the futures!!). By the end of the year we should be higher than we are today and possible levels of 5300-5400. S&P 1150-1200 by year end is also my estimate.

This is a volatile time right now, because we are in a tug of war between the bulls and the bears - but for the short term, the bears will win.

Hi Lakhan - This is very interesting and useful as it gives us newbies better insight on how the pros think and what they look at. Keep up the posts.

Yes indeed Mr Lakhan, you will make this thread very interesting with your contribution

I thank you for your arrival

lakhan
do u find it a pain in the ass having to hedge good positions..??
that must cost u alot of profit

US Light Crude (DEC) Trading Tip - 28 Oct 2009

Update 09:20 GMT
Current Level: 79.04
Support: 77.75 and 77.00
Resistance: 80.00

My levels were spot on yesterday, we got to a high of 79.89 and a low of 77.81.
Today we are seeing the market heading lower so will have to see how low we can get down to and more importantly for how long we stay down there.

We got some important data from the US coming out at 12:30pm (Durable goods) and 2pm (New home sales) UK time, which will give the markets in general direction for a further pull back or relief from this sell-off.

Crude is expected break out of the 77.75 - 80.00 trading range later today but my guess is to the downside.

Anyone watching EUR/CAD? BEOB yesterday which never got pierced and price has rallied back up to the top of the BEOB.

I'm pretty uneasy as EUR is showing weakness as is CAD.

Any views?

:)

lakhan
do u find it a pain in the ass having to hedge good positions..??
that must cost u alot of profit

Absolutely! always a pain! but you cannot be too greedy because we would rather make 25% profit from a potential 100% profit rather than going for the maximum and risk losing money for our investors instead!

Bit of advice - our money is in Healthcare and Utilities right now - best place when markets are volatile :)

Gold (DEC) Trading Tip : 28 Oct 2009

Update 09:30 GMT
Current Level: 1035
Support: 1028
Resistance: 1048

We went down to a low of 1032 and a high of 1044 yesterday. The resistance level today moves down to 1048 and support down to 1028.

I would short this down to 1030-1028 and then go long from this level up to target 1038-1040.

was that a bear flag break out on E$? 10TF? This is all new to me! Just exploring! :smart:

Hi 10 pips,

I use 15 min bars for currencies (with longer TF´s) but yes 8.15am and 8.30am bars created a bear flag which broke south.

There is also a larger bear flag on the 1H chart from 5pm yesterday to peak of 6am bar this morning.

I was short from 14835 (pivot area) - turns out that was the top of the bear flag - position now closed.

BTW - Entry at pivot was also 618 fib retrace from high at 14926 to low at 14770

Update 09:20 GMT
Current Level: 79.04
Support: 77.75 and 77.00
Resistance: 80.00

My levels were spot on yesterday, we got to a high of 79.89 and a low of 77.81.
Today we are seeing the market heading lower so will have to see how low we can get down to and more importantly for how long we stay down there.

We got some important data from the US coming out at 12:30pm (Durable goods) and 2pm (New home sales) UK time, which will give the markets in general direction for a further pull back or relief from this sell-off.

Crude is expected break out of the 77.75 - 80.00 trading range later today but my guess is to the downside.

Mr Lakhan, good call my friend

according to my analysis unless Eur/usd breaks 1.4770 ...oil will hold

I have 78.6 and 78.9 as potential buying opportunities in oil with price target 80.8, 81.3, and possibly $82 .....

Oil is holding well amidst equity sell off......positive sign

can i kindly ask you to post a chart on oil and please give us all an insight to the variables you utilise in order to make your decision

this thread is more about why you make your decisions, I have stopped posting live trades now as people want to learn how you derive your decision

Last edited:
FTSE gap fill 5095 level ............should provide support in the interim

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (28-OCT-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (28-OCT-09).png
    20.9 KB · Views: 147
Lakhan, why are you risking your job at a hedge fund by posting your analysis?

I don't think your managers will be too pleased by giving out your market insight.

Main method used for the analysis is candlestick charting with basic support, resistance, trendline and Fibonacci.

I will try and get a graph on here if I can!

Lakhan

E$ poss bearflag forming 10m TF...if it pans out 820 should be the final strike before falling

Status
Not open for further replies.