Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK chaps the comments above have transpired and materialised

Now DONT get excited with any more shorts chaps

This market will hold 5170 ..........according to my analysis

we may get a fake break out below 5170 but it will hold

you trade at your own risk

You can all throw tomatoes at me if it doesnt

Good evening folks.......

Looks like we got our reversal city ........I will take advantage of this and sell into it

i am short 5798 ..stop loss 5828 ....target 5668

I am short FTSE 5230 ..stop loss 5260 ...target 5200

I am off to whirling dervish evening

good night to all

Note the two charts below. One shows how the call was posted on a bull flag pattern on the SPY when the SPY was at $108.28 while the second chart shows the success of reading chart patterns and the SPY just hit a high of $109.11.
Regardless of what it is you trade, LEARN the power of understanding, Price, Pattern and TIme!

October 22nd, 2009 2:24pm Eastern Time
SPY10_22_09.bmp

day_trading_chat_room.php

We must always adhere to our trading plan and stick to the rules in order for us to succeed in the long run

an example of how I do my analysis

The reasons for taking my FTSE trade were the following .....

1. downward sloping trend line
2. series of lower lows and highs for the last 3 days indicating a bearish trend
3. 200 MA - always acts as resistance - whether on downside or upside
4. gap fill resistances at 5240, 5252 and 5257
5. Oil negating a bull flag pattern and putting in a lower high
6. Eur/usd resistance @ 1.5050, and reaching the days double top high at 20.00 @ 1.5030
7. DAX reaching its 200 MA @ 5798 ...my strategy is alway sto sell/buy at 200 MA....so I must obey it as it work for me 80% of the time .
8. UUP trading sideways and not putting lower lows
9. head and shoulders pattern on nasdaq 10 min chart
10. 61.8 % retracement from the high of yesterday = 5228
11. sp500 reached its 200 MA

and a a few more stocks I look at

I have attached a FTSE chart to depict the following explanation

My chart tells me we will gap down tomorrow to 5225, 5215 and possibly 5210

If my analysis is wrong then i will close my FTSE position as I always trade with manual stops now, and i will close my DAX position too

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (22-OCT-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (22-OCT-09).png
    19.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
WS. That was very useful. It is so important to use multiple indicators to confirm trade. Another indicator that confirms FTSE will gap down is that it looks overbought on multiple timeframes on the stochs. But it does look like it will rally back up with following strong US and Asia performance.

$JPY

Is this running out of steam?
We could get resistance around 9200-9220, look for opportunities to go short here.

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY (23-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX USD_JPY (23-OCT-09).png
    22.5 KB · Views: 114
Short $Euro 15013 closed 14994
Short Cable 16622 Closed 16630
Short $AUD 9270 Closed 9260

Last edited:
$JPY

Is this running out of steam?
We could get resistance around 9200-9220, look for opportunities to go short here.

oh there is plenty more to go on this my friend ...I have just been buying the pull backs

The first was a false break out, and the second move has been powerful ever since

this is a very early sign of Dollar strength ............as Dollar Index approaches the critical 74 Level(which many TA's claim we will see a big bounce) and that should coincide with the top in the market

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY (22-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX USD_JPY (22-OCT-09).png
    24.5 KB · Views: 117
Very Interesting chart of Hangseng. Last year it broke down from a descending wedge (suppose to be mostly bullish) and now again we see a rising wedge( mostly bearish)
At the same time its nearlong term trend line. Does it mean It back to normal levels?
I would expect a very sharp move soon. which way ? I dont know.It always does what others least expect.

Cheers

Attachments

• hsi2310.Jpeg
    hsi2310.Jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 110
Good evening folks.......

Looks like we got our reversal city ........I will take advantage of this and sell into it

i am short 5798 ..stop loss 5828 ....target 5668

I am short FTSE 5230 ..stop loss 5260 ...target 5200

I am off to whirling dervish evening

good night to all

close my dax trade - 26 points loss ....

my FTSE is still open and i will close that shortly if i continue to see signs of strength

Wait and see how the UK GDP figures pan out at 9:30.

Anything greater than 0.2% growth and its time to go long on FTSE and £.

:)

Left a limit buy order open last night (the Nov contract) to buy at 1 point above yesterday's high on the FTSE which was filled so am now long from 5196 with a 25 point trailing stop.

Cable being sold off high to day low. Does someone know something??
GDP will come in ahead, but i wouldn't be supprised if it gets revised down in the next call.

Status
Not open for further replies.