Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this the correct trendline..??
monthly chart again

snl2kj.gif

99% are spreadbetting n CFDs.
Do you know of anywhere this sort of discussion goes on but where the participants are active in exchange markets. Mainly futures :)
This thread has some great information; I just think they are almost different topics, although the same markets :) (Because for example talking about ES contract spreads would be irrelevent)

Trade2win seems like a very spreadbetty forum - You know of any that has indepth discussion on futures, options, ETFs, stocks :) ?

si 55..thanks.i never know which one is right
fromwhat i can see on the monthly chart.the dollar is not going to get trashed,uneless that strong res area is broken

Do you know of anywhere this sort of discussion goes on but where the participants are active in exchange markets. Mainly futures :)
This thread has some great information; I just think they are almost different topics, although the same markets :) (Because for example talking about ES contract spreads would be irrelevent)

Trade2win seems like a very spreadbetty forum - You know of any that has indepth discussion on futures, options, ETFs, stocks :) ?
Not at the top of my head, but if i find out i shall let you know. Searching google might help.

fromwhat i can see on the monthly chart.the dollar is not going to get trashed,uneless that strong res area is broken
yes i shall be looking out for that too, ill be doing my analysis maybe later or tmrw to see what im looking for.

Was just writing a reply, good thing I dumped it to finish reading the thread and Si's response - that's the right monthly TL, and the one I've been watching.

What makes it more interesting is another trendline from the lows made this year - the lows on the candles beneath the trendline on Dentist's chart. The dailies illustrate this perfectly.

The first test of the 50% retracement from the massive '08 fall on this pair saw another violent fall, and then took 4 months to put a weekly bar over the 50% retrace.

We have not spent a week above the 61.8% retrace @ 14630 - you can see on the 4H how much price has been gravitating to this.

Those two trendlines show a narrowing wedge now with a mere 200+ pips in it - it is getting tight, very tight, I think.

Was just writing a reply, good thing I dumped it to finish reading the thread and Si's response - that's the right monthly TL, and the one I've been watching.

What makes it more interesting is another trendline from the lows made this year - the lows on the candles beneath the trendline on Dentist's chart. The dailies illustrate this perfectly.

The first test of the 50% retracement from the massive '08 fall on this pair saw another violent fall, and then took 4 months to put a weekly bar over the 50% retrace.

We have not spent a week above the 61.8% retrace @ 14630 - you can see on the 4H how much price has been gravitating to this.

Those two trendlines show a narrowing wedge now with a mere 200+ pips in it - it is getting tight, very tight, I think.

lapa...post the chart please.we all need to see it
thanks

help needed
what is the correlation
dollar NOT trashed...stocks down ??
thanks

Good morning

According to Kathy at FX360 there is a 90% positive corrrelation with EUR/USD and SP500

EUR/USD up = SP500 up = World indices

EURO recovered 1.475 ............now look at how all the markets are trading higher and have gapped up up overnight

the gap up is justified as oil up over night and Euro up

All out bullishness today...............

I am not even entertaining ashort ............we may well see 5200 taken out today

thanks ws
so eurusd up=s500 up
BUT...eurusd in a mjor res area now on the monthly
1.4750 was a prev res.a couple of days ago

thanks ws
so eurusd up=s500 up
BUT...eurusd in a mjor res area now on the monthly

yes indeed ............trade with that on the back of your mind

if euro breaks 1.4750 ....then market breaks on the upside too

market rally above 5200 will coincide with euro above or at 1.482

Finally we get the £$ break out, after winding it self sideways all day yesterday.
Here is a 1h chart that shows some nice trades.
There is a fakeout which is shown nicely with Divergence on MACD, secondly we bounce around before getting another signal with divergence to take the long trade.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (08-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (08-OCT-09).png
    20.7 KB · Views: 104
i could have shorted in the morning as inisde bar....................But im soooo scared

this market is so strong

DOW 10, 000 ..............real possibility

sitting on the sidelines and just wait and see when the buy programme comes in then I will ride the 100 point wave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.