Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the newbie question, but how did you guys get the news on durable goods quickly enough to take advantage of the short? Or was it based on unofficial news before the report?

Hey Spreadbett!

Personally i was short before the news based on my analysis. The news just helped kick things on a bit!

Regarding news though I get instant news via the platform on CMC but even so I wouldnt have shorted after the announcement anyway as whatever your or my analysis of the news is, is irrelvant, it is the markets reaction that is important and initial moves down could have very quickly been reversed as the news sinks in etc.

Bad news does not always lead to a down move as what can seem bad, and we trade accordingly, may not have been interpreted by the market as bad as we personally perceived it. Horrible results to us may be less bad to the market and therefore the market could upturn as less bad is a positive!

Hope thats clear?

:)

Please Mr FTSE sir....

Will you flex your muscles back up to 5100 and then tank down 50pnts for Friday?

My thought for what its worth is that the New Home sales/Michigan survey at 3pm ae weaker than expected we could see a hard sell off. I dont think the market is in the mood to shrug off slightly worse than expected news. We should expect to see a climb on the open to fill the gap, and then we go south. Thats my view, now lets see if i can make some points from it. Thats the hard part..........

My thought for what its worth is that the New Home sales/Michigan survey at 3pm ae weaker than expected we could see a hard sell off. I dont think the market is in the mood to shrug off slightly worse than expected news. We should expect to see a climb on the open to fill the gap, and then we go south. Thats my view, now lets see if i can make some points from it. Thats the hard part..........

In the words of Geo and Lapster......I concur...and extremely hope so!

Hello everyone! Been ages since I wrote anything. Been really busy. Haven't been trading for a while, because I still think there will be a drop. Finally i saw some resistance at 5200ish...pls see my chart below- hence i was short:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 133
Kaisen - that is the key Q. Will the market move up and then bomb down? US 30 is currently 30 points below close of 9707. It may fill up a bit but then likely to drop again as you say - but then it may continue to go down on the open - looks like the bulls and bears are sitting on the sideline !!

Thanks Kaisen,
Took a couple of reads but i think I understand!

So would you have gone short just minutes before the announcement? Because going short at the start of the day probably wouldn't have produced as big a gain if any.

short E$ 663

that was a 23% fib geo...hoping this will now be res.

Last edited:
Thanks Kaisen,
Took a couple of reads but i think I understand!

So would you have gone short just minutes before the announcement? Because going short at the start of the day probably wouldn't have produced as big a gain if any.

No, I went short because i believed in my analysis that the markets are headed lower not because of the news. I dont trade on the news but watch activity when news is released in case this affects my analysis. Ie crowd behavior.

short E$ 663

that was a 23% fib geo...hoping this will now be res.

i closed that for something like 14 pips

the reason is i think we might have a new channel...this one is a potential gentle up T

i would only open a new trade once i knew which channel would take precedence. i have to go to work now...so i won't be able to see what happens with this.

Attachments

• new channel poss.png
    new channel poss.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Kaisen - that is the key Q. Will the market move up and then bomb down? US 30 is currently 30 points below close of 9707. It may fill up a bit but then likely to drop again as you say - but then it may continue to go down on the open - looks like the bulls and bears are sitting on the sideline !!

2 out of 3 gap fills come on you techies!! And then please UUP Gap fill and all fall down?

Fingers crossed!

this market very strong chaps ........

It will not fall

if it does then solid.............amazing support at 5086 or 5065 and then we carry on rallying

I will be buying on any weakness

G20 news leaked............nothing to worry about for Forex/market players .....no risk, hence recovery !!

Dollar was only manipulated due to Treasury .....T-bills now over and dollar will carry on sliding

I have been shorting USD/JPY and I have been long EURO

Also oil ........beautiful buy for the long term ...GEO political tensions with Iran back on the cards....and oil refinery fire just blasted lit a fire on all Long positions!!

FTSE si the strongest

Nasdaq is weak but it will rally regardless

I have covered my shorts on Barclays chaps @ 356

I will short this later on as it will rally here

Attachments

• Barclays Plc (25-SEP-09).png
    Barclays Plc (25-SEP-09).png
    21.5 KB · Views: 122
potential head and shoulders formation brewing here chaps

my profit target is 1.4750 ............ I have trailing stop loss as resistance at 1.4730 (red trend line...support now = resistance )

nice double bottom @1.4650

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (25-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (25-SEP-09).png
    19.4 KB · Views: 121
watch for break out to the upside here chaps ...

break of 1055 ......will bring massive buying back!!

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (25-SEP-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (25-SEP-09).png
    17.8 KB · Views: 139
this market very strong chaps ........

It will not fall

if it does then solid.............amazing support at 5086 or 5065 and then we carry on rallying

i will be buying on any weakness

g20 news leaked............nothing to worry about for forex/market players .....no risk, hence recovery !!

Dollar was only manipulated due to treasury .....t-bills now over and dollar will carry on sliding

i have been shorting usd/jpy and i have been long euro

also oil ........beautiful buy for the long term ...geo political tensions with iran back on the cards....and oil refinery fire just blasted lit a fire on all long positions!!

Ftse si the strongest

nasdaq is weak but it will rally regardless

i have covered my shorts on barclays chaps @ 356

i will short this later on as it will rally here

usd/jpy ...................break out alert!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.