Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTSE Short 5156 @ 15:22 pm. Closed + 25 to Gap. 25 points

I see what you did there, very nice Chelski. My entry, was I trading ftse, would be the same. Don't know if I'd have had the cahunas to hold for the full +25, but that's my problem!

RE: Your last comments on Cable, I am short there at the moment as per plan but like your thinking on seeing price return past that .32 level on previous move up. My conservative entry would put me in somewhere near there also.

downside count of 5070 area.5110 might prevent that

2yjwk8i.gif

tick data/ 10 days

What was your signal mate? Why you didn't start chasing for gap when it was 5171?

Sorry, just trying to understand and establish a consistent signal for myself as well.

DD as i shall shorten you too!
Here is my chart. for me there were several factors.
1. Obvious resistance at 5170's level. Likewise support on 5150's.
2. Break of upward trend line 3rd attempt at intraday low.
3. Retest of trendlinefailed and below 200MA which had been support.
4. MACD had been showing divergence.

I hope this helps

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (23-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (23-SEP-09).png
    21.4 KB · Views: 117
We are now below S1 of 5683. Ive moved my SL down to 5705 just above mid point . Next target 5670 and then S2 5657.. $ index now at 22.68 so quite a bit higher today.
Stopped out for +43 points. Looking closely too see where the next move comes..I think it all depends on the tone of the FED. $ is weaker 22.69, but the DOW has gone up?:)

just got back from work .......

Oil @ $69 ...................
USD/JPY @ 91.45 .........

Nice, very very nice

I will be looking to buy into any weakness

This move on the Dollar will only be temporary

manipulation, manipulation, manipulation

Chelski - that was very useful and informative - great stuff thanks
Da.Desi - reason I closed out is that spreads on FTSE increases after close but you are right, it is open till 9.00pm and seems to dance the same tune as the Dow. I would have hit my target of 5142 if I had kept the trade - another lesson learned :)

I see what you did there, very nice Chelski. My entry, was I trading ftse, would be the same. Don't know if I'd have had the cahunas to hold for the full +25, but that's my problem!

RE: Your last comments on Cable, I am short there at the moment as per plan but like your thinking on seeing price return past that .32 level on previous move up. My conservative entry would put me in somewhere near there also.

I take your point about 25 points, however markets often make a high / low in the first hour or last hour of trading so i always favour some action end of day if we have been quiet.
Where did you short cable? Nice entry from 1H 16420 level.

You are very quiet today WS? Any reason if I might ask?

busy day at work today my friend, just got back from training/meeting in the office today

BUt I am happy to see everybody doing well today

keep collecting those pips and points folks

Dollar is key chaps ...........

Keep watching the USD/JPY nearer to the FED decision

it holds key as ITMS keep saying

start charting in advance and learn its key levels

if you see any weakness ............then market will start to rise again including the EURO and GBP ...........

USD/JPY is acting like a very good hedge at present

I have to dash out now chaps

DD as i shall shorten you too!
Here is my chart. for me there were several factors.
1. Obvious resistance at 5170's level. Likewise support on 5150's.
2. Break of upward trend line 3rd attempt at intraday low.
3. Retest of trendlinefailed and below 200MA which had been support.
4. MACD had been showing divergence.

I hope this helps

Certainly does. Now you'd be looking to go long, when it comes back into the trend line right? or did you go already, when it started to hold support?

Certainly does. Now you'd be looking to go long, when it comes back into the trend line right? or did you go already, when it started to hold support?

The trend line i think you are referring to is the Gap, i always mark it on. However if it were a strong trend line that had held, ie a fake out i may well re enter. However i like to see 2-3 factors line up to trade. i never trade indicies out of hours so given time of day unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.