Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geo , EY M15 , I know they aren't clean swings , but can you see the possibility that pattern #1 may have just formed ? also note the break of confirmed support @ ~ 135.18 ( = Res formed by 7.45 bar , broke out @ 11.45 , +ve test @ 12.00 , retest 13.00 low , attempts to break higher , snaps back (Bear Engulf) and breaks sup @ 135.18 @ 13.30 , the rally @ 14.30 hints at pattern #2 , far from clean though). Now lets see what the reaction on M15 is like.

Yes, that's a perfect pattern #1 on m15, plus dark cloud cover on H4. Would you wait for the (possible) reversal to be established first before going short though? Just curious.

For me I would have to wait for H4 bias to be short on EY to go short - i guess you find that too clunky though Mas.

Yes, that's a perfect pattern #1 on m15, plus dark cloud cover on H4. Would you wait for the (possible) reversal to be established first before going short though? Just curious.

I wouldn't short that H4 Dark Cloud cover (If I was trading on H4) , too marginal for me. it closed @ 50% prior bar , and the body of prior candle wasn't that big , so it doesn't take too much 'effort' by price to close 50% inside it. Think its more of a High Wave , a possible signal to the start of a possible topping process ? at very least it indicating resistance @ it's high (don't be surprised to see future candles "flash their tails" above that High wave High, Q would be , will they close above it ?)

So yes in this case , I would wait so see if later price action formed a reversal (On H4 I would be looking to get into daily trades with that )

If H4 had been a proper Shooting star or Bear Engulf , I would probably short those straight away (again depends if I can find a entry on lower TF, H4 entry would have too large a risk (stop wise) attached to them)

For me I would have to wait for H4 bias to be short on EY to go short - i guess you find that too clunky though Mas.

Well no , depends on my intention ,if I was looking at daily/weekly trades , I would use H4 like that . This EY was just short term PA I saw developing this afternoon (only just started EY so still testing out to an extent).

jpyusd
yen looks bearish
trendline bounce

20jfwvn.png

Dentist

I agree which ever way you look at it - looks like a turn

Maybe one to trade and hold - My VP will surely give a strong trade probability tomorrow and with WS analysis then just checking monthly/weekly/daily and hourlies and your chart here it seems one to go for.

Hope you're feeling OK

Robert Prechter's Five Tips for How To Trade Successfully

Take it from the person who won the United States Trading Championship with profits of more than 440% in 1984 – there are five things that every successful trader needs to know how to do:

1. Have a method to trade.
2. Have the discipline to follow your method.
3. Get real trading experience, instead of only trading on paper.
4. Have the mental fortitude to accept the fact that losses are part of the game.
5. Have the mental fortitude to accept huge gains.

Bonus tip: Find a mentor.

That trader who won the championship in a record-breaking fashion is Robert Prechter, the founder and president of Elliott Wave International. Once you think you've mastered his 5 tips for how to trade successfully, then the best thing to do is to find a mentor. In this excerpt from the book, Prechter's Perspective, Bob Prechter discusses how sitting at the elbow of a professional trader can make all the difference in learning the trade of trading.

Free 47-page eBook: How to Spot Trading Opportunities

Elliott Wave International has released part one of their hugely popular How to Spot Trading Opportunities eBook for free. The eBook sells as a two-part set for $129. You can now download part 1 for free. Learn more here.

(The following Q&A is excerpted from Prechter's Perspective, revised 2004.)

Question: Has any specific trading experience decreased your trading success?

Bob Prechter: Yes. My first trade in 1973 was wildly successful, and I was hardly wrong in my first six years at it. Then I had a big trading loss in 1979, and that taught me more than the wins. The best way to develop an optimal state of mind for trading is to fail a few times first and understand why it happened. When you start, you're better off speculating with small amounts of real money. Using larger amounts of money will bankrupt you early, which, while an excellent lesson, is rather painful. If you want to be a trader, it is good to start young. Then when you lose your first two bundles, you can gain some wisdom and rebound.

Q.: It sounds painful. Is there any way at least to reduce the hard knocks?

Bob Prechter: There is one shortcut to obtaining experience, and that is to find a mentor.

Q.: Did you have a mentor?

Bob Prechter: In 1979, I sat with a professional trader for about a year. The most important thing he taught me was to keep trades small relative to your capital. It reduces the emotional factor.

Q.: How would one select a mentor?

Bob Prechter: The best way to select one is to find a person who is doing exactly what you would like to do for a living, then get to know him well enough to ask if he will tutor you or at least let you watch while he works. Locate someone who has proved himself over the years to be a successful trader or investor, and go visit him. Listen to him. Sit down with him, if possible, for six months. Watch what he does. More important, watch what he doesn't do. Finding a guy who knows what he is doing is the best lesson you could ever have. You will undoubtedly find that he is very friendly as well, since his runaway ego of yesteryear, which undoubtedly got him involved in the markets in the first place, has long since been humbled, matured by the experience of trading. He will usually welcome the opportunity to tell you what he knows.

I would just like to say I am not relaying this article in order to promotote my new campaign to mentor traders, I just received this email and thought it would be informative.

ftse 100 at a critical point
a low pole reversal,back to the 50% retrace.if it turns and breaks below 5100,then there will be a price target activated of 5000

tick data
4 by3

w2h76g.gif

usdjpy
chart is jpyusd.in p/f terms.the price target is 107.2 corresponding to 92.2 on usdjpy
however,this is a low pole in p/ f terms,weakness in jpy
watch out for a 50% retrace on the pole,corresponding to 108.3 on this chart. 91.7 on usdjpy.above that is showing taht the weakness has been taken out
hourly /close data 0.15 box size by 3 reversal

9tlm9v.png

cable could be fighting back
a break above 1.6200.activates a vertical count to 1.6320 area
5 min data

a26gzm.png

I am long cable at present .........

stop loss 1.6180

target .........whatever it is when I wake up in the morning ...haha!!

I am also long on USD/JPY and it acts like a decent hedge

Last edited:
i'm still calling turnaround for the first week of october...i'm sure mystic meg is running scared of my skillz...not :cheesy:

usdjpy..daily chart
0.18 by 3
there is an activated upside target of 94 area.retesting the downward trendline area
usd bullish now

25jv5h2.png

I agree with dentist- Ftse is in danger

ftse 100 at a critical point
a low pole reversal,back to the 50% retrace.if it turns and breaks below 5100,then there will be a price target activated of 5000

tick data
4 by3

w2h76g.gif

This is my way of looking at it using time cycles. the horrible crash of 1987 falls in line with 800 days cycle. There is also a larger time cycle 2675 which was 2000 peak to 2007peak. But more important its the 800 days

Attachments

• ^FTSE3.Jpeg
    ^FTSE3.Jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.