Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTSE - strategy for monday

4860 -4870- key level

I am shorting this market already and I got in a bit too early after we failed to hold 4860....but never the less I have my stop loss @ 4876 which should be a safe stop loss

Phwooah.............what a phenomenal gap up, woke up this morning at dawn and was shocked to see FTSE being quoted on 4940!!

I just cancelled my stop and knew it would gap down at the open ......I have just closed my position @ 4872 ......for -24 points loss

I have subsequently gone long on the FTSE as there is no variable that I can use to justify the FSTE going down.....

Phwooah.............what a phenomenal gap up, woke up this morning at dawn and was shocked to see FTSE being quoted on 4940!!

I just cancelled my stop and knew it would gap down at the open ......I have just closed my position @ 4872 ......for -24 points loss

I have subsequently gone long on the FTSE as there is no variable that I can use to justify the FSTE going down.....

WS, very well done this damage control ! just as important as having a win I think (y)

Likewise WS, unbelievable gap.

And totally agree, that evening gap fill 4670 was it for the shorts, there's nowhere for the selling to come from bar the 10,00am announcement which is forecast to be very positive?

This top of channel should be the lower resistance along with S1 now - switched up my direction to long @ move over 4900. Now *this* I *will* let run! Now to the more important important matters of coffee...

closed potion for 30 points profit ...............so that pays for the previous loss & a little teeny weeny profit. ....!!

variables .............

barclays struggling ....

aal reaching resistance @ 2050

BP still forming bull flags

marks and spencer looking exhausted

I am now short ftse 4891 ...stop loss 4916

target 4870

I am shorting FTSE on the basis that I am long Nasdaq and it will provide a good hedge

I am now short ftse 4891 ...stop loss 4916

target 4870

I am shorting FTSE on the basis that I am long Nasdaq and it will provide a good hedge

slight change of mind here folks ..........due to double bottom scenario @ 4878

closed for 10 points profit on FTSE and I will now look to go long on the Euro .......

looking for good entry

critical juncture here ............

intraday

AAl failed double top intraday ...

barc ......about to fail double bottom

marks & spen ......about to fail double bottom

BP.........reaching gap open !! will it bounce or fail ...bull flag has been negated !!

FTSE can we hold double bottom @ 4878 or fail and got to gap fill 4850?

oil falling below $74

but currencies still strong

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (24-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (24-AUG-09).png
    25.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
oil

potential break out looming ..........early signal to breakout of AAl and BP

we held double bottom @ $73.6

if we fail to go higher and break of $73.6 then I will short open up short

1st target gap fill @ $72.9

keep an eye on oil chaps........

it has dropped to 73.8 .....

< 73.6 will lead to a sell off .................Hurricane bill hasn't caused the damage everyone feared it would

"Storm expected to weaken
The center of the hurricane was about 230 miles west of Newfoundland on Sunday night, according to the National Hurricane Center. It had maximum sustained winds of 75 mph, and it was moving northeast at 35 mph. The storm is expected to continue to lose strength as it moves over cooler waters. "

this will cause BP to sell off along with other commodities.............

oil fall can create pressure on currencies

Status
Not open for further replies.