Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem Geo, juggling work demands with trading on the side. Not been able to do much lately. Apologies to all for not posting, but i havnt had anything to post of lately.

Hi bw81

I can't complain - I have only done 10 weeks work this year :LOL: - not that that is a good thing mind you, but more a result of having a business which is pretty much buggered.

Have you checked out Phils site btw? Mr. Lapster had a superb few days trading the am break out strat on FX.

triangular wedgy thing - ummm, that's a technical term :LOL:

E$ looks to be breaking to the downside for now. I am sure there's a short to be had there, but gonna wait till tommorow now, as daily ATR has been done.

Hi bw81

I can't complain - I have only done 10 weeks work this year :LOL: - not that that is a good thing mind you, but more a result of having a business which is pretty much buggered.

Have you checked out Phils site btw? Mr. Lapster had a superb few days trading the am break out strat on FX.

triangular wedgy thing - ummm, that's a technical term :LOL:

E$ looks to be breaking to the downside for now. I am sure there's a short to be had there, but gonna wait till tommorow now, as daily ATR has been done.

yes i did thanks for the link, I have registered an account, but cant get to try a sample video as it says i need to pay. I would idealy like to see a couple of sample videos before subscribing.

ref. E$ I was hoping for a pull back this morning after it broke out to the upside but the sodding thing went and went and left me behind .. LOL As you say theres always tomorrow

... sorry delayed answer - had to deal with that £Y trade.

I have h3 bias as up on E$ and £Y, but not happy with longs on either. £Y H1 looks especially impulsive to the downside atm.

£Y, I use H4, and I'm leaning with corrective since the 12th. Daily just had 1st lower Sht swg L (arrow) since 6th July (22nd technically was lower , but Im calling it a 'tickle')

Gut is saying down on the weakly (154 ? area) , but like I said we're at a weekly swing high, may be gathering itself to push up past ? as always will trade (or try) what I see happening.

Yes, quite agree on eur/gbp - it's not great, price is often quite messy imho. I think it's off my watchlist now, plus removing USD/CAD - seems to be too many fakes, or stop hunts from what I can tell - that might just be lack of experience talking though.

no idea on USD/CAD it's been messing with daily swg low (~1st june), so I've been avoiding , at least for now. (seems ok'ish from H1 reaction to that daily low though, but that's just eyeballing it, trading it may be a different matter) Think Lap is doing ok with some CAD pairs though ? see may be worth a look at some point.

I guess you're looking at all JPY crosses by the sound of it? I like the look of most of the JPY crosses, they do seem to trend quite nicely in my noob opinion.

Yep, they seem to be the ones standing out , at least for now , how long that will last though ????

There does seem to be a decoupling between the $ and equities, as we talked about the other day. I found the last post here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-jpy-why-isnt-there-inverse-relationship.html by GammaJammer quite interesting.

Cheers hadn't seen it (could prob do with going through a few forex threads). Bit late in the day for much thinking though (other than whats for dinner :cheesy:) , will go through later tonight, get back to you then.

@Geo,

I was also looking at the EUR/JPY this morning, had a brilliant as you call it 'wedgy thing' was waiting for the break out tot the upside. But that went and broke out and left me behind, it never came back to give me a chance to get on board, it just shot up and left me with waiting. darn it.

yes i did thanks for the link, I have registered an account, but cant get to try a sample video as it says i need to pay. I would idealy like to see a couple of sample videos before subscribing.

ref. E$ I was hoping for a pull back this morning after it broke out to the upside but the sodding thing went and went and left me behind .. LOL As you say theres always tomorrow

BW, have a search for 'phil newton forex' on you tube - plus there's a thread on t2w showing most of what you need to know for the am breakout strat. @ £50 for 6 months, it's not bad - prices go up in september apparently. He's answered all my dumb questions re FX trading so far, which is very handy too.

@Geo,

I was also looking at the EUR/JPY this morning, had a brilliant as you call it 'wedgy thing' was waiting for the break out tot the upside. But that went and broke out and left me behind, it never came back to give me a chance to get on board, it just shot up and left me with waiting. darn it.

Shame you missed that, but glad to know you can spot the triangular wedgy things too :LOL: Perhaps I shall right a book of new TA definitions :)

BW, have a search for 'phil newton forex' on you tube - plus there's a thread on t2w showing most of what you need to know for the am breakout strat. @ £50 for 6 months, it's not bad - prices go up in september apparently. He's answered all my dumb questions re FX trading so far, which is very handy too.

Thats brilliant! thanks very much Geo, found some material (y)

Im off to watch a few vids now, catch you later guys ;)

bullish and bearish
tick 5 by3
2i0wwv5.gif

daily is bullish
the line is pointing to a bear trap that occurred a few days ago.
beware this market is bullish

4sgt4w.jpg

anyone catch that £Y breakout? 60 point candle! Not a good time to make a coffee:(
as i ype it has given it all back!

Folks, the recession is officially over. Its a matter of time, UK and US also report positive growth. Go long, Hello 6700, here we come.

4750-60 is a key area for me, just happens to be pivot point too. If this holds i am looking for a long entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.