Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning All

Just a question regarding the $ index chart Sujith posted on friday indicating the blackline as a potential outcome...if so and the dollar index falls to around 75 before moving back up... then that would mean a further move up for oil and commodities as the dollar weakens which would most likely push up the stock markets...so this rally could last a little longer... Have I interpreted the chart correctly?

DiJ

That's how I understand it DIJ - everyone else on the same page? Or did I miss something?

Morning all :)

We're making a nice lower trendline now with thurs/fridays lows, so I'm expecting some move back up to at least the 50MA on 10M (4582)

Moving below that TL and pivot opens up fridays lows - not much action to take, about 15 points or so, but will trade that space if it looks good

We're making a nice lower trendline now with thurs/fridays lows, so I'm expecting some move back up to at least the 50MA on 10M (4582)

Moving below that TL and pivot opens up fridays lows - not much action to take, about 15 points or so, but will trade that space if it looks good

10m closed beneath that TL, we are so going down to fris lows.

Short again @ 4570

EDIT: sorry all you other shorts, my shorts are often cues for a reversal! :|

stops are a really special art arent they!?!

Went short ftse on friday at 4594 and again at 4604. Quite concerned this morning to see 4640!
Also had a short on xta - so was a little concerned!

Put a stop on xta at 777 but no stop on ftse.

Ftse now in profit a

and importantly did not crystalise a loss!

Xta - with my stop - was filled at 791!!! Crytsallising a nasty loss! Xta now trading at 781!! :mad::mad:

I understand the importance of stop losses but i really struggle to use them successfullu in such a volatile market!

Any suggestions welcome!!

and now xta is at the price i went short at on friday pm!!! So a nice loss for no reason using a stop!! Brilliant!

:sleep: morning all, got a fudgy head this morn.

Good call on £Y 50'tent Geo , like I said , would be too high for me. Back to seeing how that pans out before deciding how to trade it.

apart from that openning Gap rev , FTSE seems a bit tight this morning.

Morning All

Just a question regarding the $ index chart Sujith posted on friday indicating the blackline as a potential outcome...if so and the dollar index falls to around 75 before moving back up... then that would mean a further move up for oil and commodities as the dollar weakens which would most likely push up the stock markets...so this rally could last a little longer... Have I interpreted the chart correctly?

DiJ

Yes that's my interpretation to DiJ - would mean commodity inflation and rising mining related stocks (where a lot of the upward momentum + earnings has been coming from)

Part of the picture as always

kaisen,
see my earlier post. I had same thng with FTSE. Its an ARGH! moment :(

ARGH! indeed although as i am still short from 4594 and 4604 i am about level to in profit!

And if i had not been put off my new trading system would have me another 60pnts up!

And learning!!
:)

10m closed beneath that TL, we are so going down to fris lows.

Short again @ 4570

EDIT: sorry all you other shorts, my shorts are often cues for a reversal! :|

Ah well, what did I tell you...my stop is @ 50MA, stopped out, on way back to 4590, didn't wait for confirmation of that lower TL holding as always

I think, we will get a nice dip, right at 1400, when US wakes up properly. Maybe 30 seconds before 1400, go short and get with a few pips.

Also read a comment by Sujith that the Dow could currently be developing the head of a H&S which when you look at the daily dow chart looks possible...it would be funny that the H&S formation (may to june) the media was talking about and that it was the begining of a massive move down(which now has long been forgotten and all the talk is of a new bull market by the media) was actually just the left shoulder of a larger H&S...so maybe the dow has a little more in the tank and then when the $ weakens we see a pullback and then a rally to form the right shoulder before... the drop we have all been waiting for :) anyway most of us are day trading so wont have to worry about it quite yet.. but its worth noting

DiJ

I think it looks like a safe entry. Especially with the MA20 hovering just above it.

Only concern is that US might come in heavy and whack us out for break even again. I think the consensus at the momment is for the market to trade sideways, until later on in the week when we see Exxon and the US GDP figures.

:)

:sleep: morning all, got a fudgy head this morn.

Good call on £Y 50'tent Geo , like I said , would be too high for me. Back to seeing how that pans out before deciding how to trade it.

apart from that openning Gap rev , FTSE seems a bit tight this morning.

£Y struggling @ 156.90 I think. Despite the up move in the asian session, I would favour shorts, below 156.41. All the cross rates I am watching seem directionless though tbh, and not much to jump on board.

edit: cancelled swissy order

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.