Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Bruce Willis would say ............

Yippikayay ..........I won't say the second word...haha!!

closed for 23 points profit ...........

cracking start to the mornings play.....

Yippikayay mother lover! (the censored version :) )

Closed @ friday / last week high, 4606 for +26 - whether it falls further or not that level is a safe exit.

great start indeed

Yippikayay mother lover! (the censored version :) )

Closed @ friday / last week high, 4606 for +26 - whether it falls further or not that level is a safe exit.

great start indeed

well done.............we sat on the same flight!!

Off to my property now as the carpet fitter is due to arrive at 9am......

got to get it on rent asap....

just before i go

potential downside target for FSTE ......gap fill 4576

i didnt think it would fall that far so quickly......

I see 08.20 on 10M as a pullback and rejection of last week high of 4606

Short ftse @ 4602

EDIT: ...and much weakness on Oil and EURUSD

Last edited:
Had to attend to my daughter so was not at the PS around 8. Shame as this was the typical gap open then drop down scenario. Well played WS and Lapa! I am waiting with a short to see how it develops.
It would not surprise me if this is the turn of the market and we go down from here.
If its not and we keep going higher than anything is possible on the upside...

Had to attend to my daughter so was not at the PS around 8. Shame as this was the typical gap open then drop down scenario. Well played WS and Lapa! I am waiting with a short to see how it develops.
It would not surprise me if this is the turn of the market and we go down from here.
If its not and we keep going higher than anything is possible on the upside...

Yes it was one of those typical 'uns (the kind I'm trying to catch so I don't have to trade the less-than-profitable pm sessions!)

If R1 and last week high hold around 4410 they provide good entries for shorts - its a nice piece to take down to last weeks close @ 4577, and I have the pivot just a few points below.

Looking at other factors, we are clearly biased downward - just when I was getting used to longs!

I got stopped at 4630, I had two shorts open, one from 4591 and second from 4613 from Friday. Look at it now, I would've been in BLUE if my stop was a bit further. I am trying to calm myself .

*FFS*

I got stopped at 4630, I had two shorts open, one from 4591 and second from 4613 from Friday. Look at it now, I would've been in BLUE if my stop was a bit further. I am trying to calm myself .

*FFS*

4640 would have put you over the year high (very safe stop placement in my book). Why did you choose 4630?

I see 08.20 on 10M as a pullback and rejection of last week high of 4606

Short ftse @ 4602

EDIT: ...and much weakness on Oil and EURUSD

Out @ 4577 for +25, don't see any reason to get out as there is everything continues to point down and my sell signal is still screaming, but don't want to give any of this back.

That's 51 points before breakfast - my best morning ever. Another year of this and I may even break even overall :|

Morning All

Just a question regarding the $ index chart Sujith posted on friday indicating the blackline as a potential outcome...if so and the dollar index falls to around 75 before moving back up... then that would mean a further move up for oil and commodities as the dollar weakens which would most likely push up the stock markets...so this rally could last a little longer... Have I interpreted the chart correctly?

DiJ

took 4 pips in blue and got out, as I was getting nervous. This market is very uncertain. Also, thanks to DiJ for spooking me out :)

Stops!!

Stops are a really special art arent they!?!

Went short ftse on Friday at 4594 and again at 4604. Quite concerned this morning to see 4640!
Also had a short on XTA - so was a little concerned!

Put a stop on XTA at 777 but no stop on FTSE.

FTSE now in profit a

And importantly did not crystalise a loss!

XTA - with my stop - was filled at 791!!! Crytsallising a nasty loss! XTA now trading at 781!! :mad::mad:

I understand the importance of stop losses but I really struggle to use them successfullu in such a volatile market!

Any suggestions welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.