Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, my 4498 short at the top of the channel looking good :)

That's closed for +12, near the other lower channel line and I'm nervy

Those 10M bars congested between pivot @ yesterdays close, shadows outside but we've now closed beneath - looking for another short on pullback if we fail to make any headway past '88, '94 area

I want to see the bear again...

hehe...and there you have it geo, the infamous dog exercise video!!

...can anyone remember who posted it? Turn down the volume to ignore the american commentary and the slo mo of a bouncing bear was mesmerising.

Morning all

I trade with IG Index and was trying to find a chart for the us dollar index...but can't seem to find it or is it that I'm still half asleep ...

All help shall be greatly appreciated

DiJ

Haven't long finnished updating my charts from this afternoon , so will will have to look at your post from this morning some time tomorrow. Re: The elliott Q , fair enough I just saw you counting 5's , does phil count 5's ? don't remember seeing them on the free articles I saw. Re: Bias , yes I agree stick with phils stuff while your learning, obviously you'll begin to pickup various things as you gain experience.

£Y - see where if found support this evening ? Notice where temp support came form on the way down ? as far as price action goes some nice stuff going on with that £Y at mo,

Yeah, my bad. Phil doesn't count 5's.

A short bias has a pattern going HH>HL>LH>LL>LH then the break of the LL is confirmation of the short bias for anyone who's interested. I can post a diagram?

I just count from 1 to 5, and look for a break of 4. It's easier and simpler for me than counting HH, HL, etc, etc.

Experimenting with H3 TF btw, because I am missing swings on the H4. Seems to have done the trick!

June retail sales better than forecast so should boost FTSE a bit.

I'm expecting the mother of all fallbacks to happen but it hasn't materialised yet?!

:)

Been shopping and it's moved 1.8 points! Closed for that.

Lapalabra, you had a good one, considering the conditions

barclays

yoyo trading

long short long short ..........(y)

Attachments

• Barclays Plc (23-JUL-09).png
    Barclays Plc (23-JUL-09).png
    18.9 KB · Views: 134
EUR/USD not giving it up easily. But no trade yet for me - looking for shorts, and will wait for the break of yesterdays lows. If we break above the high of the 21st, then I would being looking for long positions.

EurUSD Been a bit grievous last few days , personally prefer £$ right now (lol now I said that it'll prob go sideways now)

Yen pairs are also throwing up some nice markets, for me for now anyways

Been shopping and it's moved 1.8 points! Closed for that.

Lapalabra, you had a good one, considering the conditions

Yes but I've just given back half the points on trying to chase that short @ 0935 that never turned into a break out - school boy error. Should have been short from before the move when it failed to go back above '95 in that tight range above pivot as per plan.

I keep expecting weakness and run up against strength.

Morning all

I trade with IG Index and was trying to find a chart for the us dollar index...but can't seem to find it or is it that I'm still half asleep ...

All help shall be greatly appreciated

DiJ

no dollar index on there, I've never seen it anyways.

1030 I went long at 4491.3. Timing was poor but am still in it. The hourly closes looks firm, which decided me to try it.

1030 I went long at 4491.3. Timing was poor but am still in it. The hourly closes looks firm, which decided me to try it.

Good luck. i am totally undecided at the moment, and the charts dont appear to be giving me any signals one way or another. So i think its a case of sitting on my hands, again! I think we might have to wait until the Jobless Claims number at 1.30pm to give a direction to the markets.

I can see your thinking on the hourly closes - but for me this is sideways with a trending downward bias. On the 10M its a story of slow erosion with price from open failing to close a bar above yesterdays close @ 4495 and now failing to struggling above pivot @ 4490.

EDIT: My only trades at the mo are going to be shorts for a break of the lower TL or selling strength around 4500/10 - FTSE is sticking to these trendlines and they are providing too narrow a range for me to find anything worth in between. The spread is almost 10% of the channel by my reckoning!

Status
Not open for further replies.