Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I called it completely wrong, the price shot way past my stop in minutes and I had to wait the rest of the day watching the trade be in huge minus until IG finally closed it at my guaranteed stop...not good for the heart! What do people think? Last time a blip on a negative trend? I've heard a lot about the bigger numbers a while back being due to an influx of graduates and that the big decrease is due to them no longer being in the market...

Last time I called it completely wrong, the price shot way past my stop in minutes and I had to wait the rest of the day watching the trade be in huge minus until IG finally closed it at my guaranteed stop...not good for the heart! What do people think? Last time a blip on a negative trend? I've heard a lot about the bigger numbers a while back being due to an influx of graduates and that the big decrease is due to them no longer being in the market...

Know what you mean about the heart stopper Tickdoc, I steer clear of NFP nowadays, too many whipsaws for my liking.

Wish i'd had a bash at that Head & shoulders now on Gbp/Usd hourly.
Easy to say in hindsight thou.

Hey Leo, glad to here you are not too down and neither should you be. I believe you have a real grasp of all this malarky and thus it is often when we get close to becoming proficient or accomplished at something that something inexplicable happens. It is often from analysis of these inexplicables that we truly learn and make an even bigger advancement than we thought possible.

Keep on trucking!:cheesy:

IMO

Thanks buddy (y)

Minch, got some bearish divergence on the RSI for cable daily, and still within the range, but like you said, think I'm out for the rest of this week...

Minch, got some bearish divergence on the RSI for cable daily, and still within the range, but like you said, think I'm out for the rest of this week...

Yes I wont be able to give it my full attention for the rest of this week,

Good trading, Im off out for a pint.

I opened at 4348 and closed at 4323 wot do u guys think i could have kept it overnight and made a greater profit if it fell. Was it a good decision?

by the way let me jus add that this is the best thread ever why didnt i discover this earlier lol

I opened at 4348 and closed at 4323 wot do u guys think i could have kept it overnight and made a greater profit if it fell. Was it a good decision?

welcome welcome my friend

you had several options

1. you take the profit, which you did

2. you could have amended position to break even and let it run, but then you would be at the mercy of the asian session

but in this crazy market its always good to lock in your profits and focus on your next trade

where are we going from here
close data.20pt box by 1 reversal

Attachments

• where from here.jpg
    where from here.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 101
strategy fro tomorrow

4310 crucial level

> 4310 go long to 4340 - 4360 - 4370

< 4310 go short to 4270

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (30-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (30-JUN-09).png
    22.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
wot do u mean by amend the position

amend position means adjusting your stop loss

for e.g you went short @ 4348 with a stop loss @ 4370

the market moves in your favour and is trading @ 4323

rather than take your profits @ 4323 you can adjust your stop loss to 4348

4348 = zero profit = zero risk

brief look at the ftse 4hr looked like a bit of bullish osc div...interesting stuff re in the money stocks and their 'propping up' info.

good luck for 2moro everyone

weekly FTSE chart:
Stochastic says overbought = do not buy
So you decide to go short.
So you look at daily chart, its oversold, so you wait till the stochastic shows overbought signal...then you short...

am i thinking correct? (sorry just thinking out aloud here)

by the way let me jus add that this is the best thread ever why didnt i discover this earlier lol

Yes its a cracking thread this, I only started looking in myself last week, what Ive noticed already is there are no naysayers or people taking the p..s out of others views or observations, ending up in farce, all too evident in other threads.

On the contrary, what Ive witnessed is traders not being afraid of posting a potential set up and calling live trades and to hell with the possibility of it being totally wrong.

We are all here to learn, and hopefully make some money in the process, all made easier in the friendly and supportive environment on this thread.

Good trading.

ps. I knew I shouldnt have had that extra pint. :)

:)

Yeah I think I'm starting to realise that. Been offered a decent job today, which will mean that I won't be able to watch charts all day (at least not until I've saved up enough to really commit and do this full time). So I'm going to have to swing trade for a while, or just trade on my days off (or both). Maybe individual shares, or forex would be better than indicies...

I can agree with this Leo, I struggle to watch the charts due to my day job, and I swing trade Tesco share a lot, and make a good profit from it. I have found its more sedate than the indices and dosnt allways wip saw around like the indices and currencies do so you can happily swing trade and leave a position overnight with a decent stop in place. I only trade the indices when Ive got quality time available and then only day trade them.

Hope this helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.