Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was right about short on ftse close yesterday but it was hardly worth it, especially compared to todays usa open which I didnt especially anticipate though Iam holding a small etf short as a hedge.

Right now, it seems dead to me & this is not the time to waste energy as far as I can see but theres no harm in looking for scalps and just general moves, thats why its work not play

Is there a good place to go for forthcoming schedule of events. I do receive various info but no master list as such

I like this site for info on share dates:

Investor Research

Hey Sabre,

These any good?

Calendar of U.S. Economic Events - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

International Calendar of Economic Events - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

:)

cheers kaisen...were you trading today? how u get on?

Yesterday I didnt place any trades as I was too busy trying to catch up with my business. I have been that focused and desparate to move forward with trading that I have let things get behind.

Today I have placed a couple of trades. Couple of trades on FTSE for +10pnts and I am currently looking at the S&P. Got a nice piece of the short run earlier which if i had traded the same stake as on FTSE would have equalled about +32pnts. Only traded 3 CFD´s so less than half that i usually trade on FTSE. So I am about 20 my usual points up.

Currently long on S&P with stop loss just below the 200ma on the daily chart.

I have been looking at indicators to help me with entry and exit. Seems ok although still perfecting - has produced the +20pnts today so worth persevering methinks.

You traded since this morning?:sneaky:

hey chaps, hope you all got on well today. i see she spat out the 300 once again.

you still got your monster short on leo?

Yup, still going, although its sure dragging on. In its second week now and the money really could be put to better use elsewhere, but I wanna hold just to prove myself right. Plus I do want to move onto longer term trading

I am going long FTSE after hours ...........I am basing this on S&P analysis and the FTSE is looking really bullsih

long 4253 ...stop loss 4223

target 4290

Yesterday I didnt place any trades as I was too busy trying to catch up with my business. I have been that focused and desparate to move forward with trading that I have let things get behind.

Today I have placed a couple of trades. Couple of trades on FTSE for +10pnts and I am currently looking at the S&P. Got a nice piece of the short run earlier which if i had traded the same stake as on FTSE would have equalled about +32pnts. Only traded 3 CFD´s so less than half that i usually trade on FTSE. So I am about 20 my usual points up.

Currently long on S&P with stop loss just below the 200ma on the daily chart.

I have been looking at indicators to help me with entry and exit. Seems ok although still perfecting - has produced the +20pnts today so worth persevering methinks.

You traded since this morning?:sneaky:

nice work mate, glad you came out on top (y)

yeah i did trade (gamble) this morning...i take ages to learn things, but i usually get there eventually, so i hope this trading stuff will follow in that vein.

if one learns by ones mistakes i should be very well educated soon :cheesy:

Yup, still going, although its sure dragging on. In its second week now and the money really could be put to better use elsewhere, but I wanna hold just to prove myself right. Plus I do want to move onto longer term trading

Leo, how are you trading the long/medium term?

eur/gbp questionable channel on H1 - I say questionable, as there are more hits to the top than the bottom - perhaps it's acceptable as is?

I think we will be off to retest the downward trendline on the dailies tbh. Not too keen to get involved right now. Gonna spend my time focusing on eur/usd.

Attachments

• eur_gbp_channel.jpg
    eur_gbp_channel.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 123
geo
eurgbp.th chart is a mess.no clear direction
eod data

Attachments

• imposs.jpg
    imposs.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 108
can i ask a favour gentlemen?

i'm sick of opening impulsive trades, when i really concentrate it's not so bad, but i find it hard not to fire off positions when i'm still half asleep in the morning!

can i post my entries and if anyone has time give me a verbal slap upside the head?!

maybe i can get out of the habit...no worries if there's too much going on though, i understand that we're all here to do battle with each of our chosen markets :)

can i ask a favour gentlemen?

i'm sick of opening impulsive trades, when i really concentrate it's not so bad, but i find it hard not to fire off positions when i'm still half asleep in the morning!

can i post my entries and if anyone has time give me a verbal slap upside the head?!

maybe i can get out of the habit...no worries if there's too much going on though, i understand that we're all here to do battle with each of our chosen markets :)

Are you asking for someone to crit your trades before you go for it... i.e. sanity check? If so, I won't offer, because I don't know what I am doing :LOL:

well actually mate it's a psychological trick i'm trying to play on myself!

i figure that if i'm distracted long enough to have to explain my trades i won't get round to opening the position! also, me explaining my reasoning for opening a position should force me to really be honest about what i'm doing.

how do you think i spunked my trades this morning?!

(the moves from the pm yesterday bore no relevance unfortunately...more testing needed)

oh bugger... best to wait for the first pivot to develop in hours maybe.

dr.blix.
better still.post youre thoughts first and possible set ups fo the day

:eek: you mean the day before?

that's an excellent idea dentist...i do a little analysis the night before, but never work out possible set ups...i think i just don't have the confidence/experience to feel i'd come up with anything relevant (unless there's a really obvious pattern forming)...

i'll check my charts now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.