Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly I was on the right page, just a little ahead of myself. I went to watch tennis, and missed all the drops! :)

Glad to see you guys have caught some good moves.

EURUSD we are near 14000 - ideal for a long with main trend?

EURUSD we are near 14000 - ideal for a long with main trend?

It could be!

The only reason I took that short earlier was because the rallies over the past few days had gradually got shallower and shallower, indicating lack of momentum... now we have plenty of momentum on the downside, so I might prefer shorts... indecision from me as ever :)

What do you think?

If price respects this lower TL on the 30m, then you could well be right LL.

Attachments

• eur_usd_30m.jpg
    eur_usd_30m.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 124
Probably better R/R on cable. Where did you get in/out?

It's always better r/r on cable. It would have been even better if I hadn't gone to watch tennis and missed my second leg.

My levels for shorts were: 16600 to 16550, 16550 to 16520, 16520 to 16455

Made the first, watching Serena Williams for the second, made the third, roughly 112 pips in total.

A couple of really rubbish trades on ftse though means I'm only slightly in the black.

I'm long EURUSD now @ 14009 - really like this entry level.

Yes, I've got that in as well Geo - we'll see, will feel v confident if it passes 14030, my s/l is 13980

Good luck with it, but I'm gonna pass, cause I think there might be more downside... but these are very early days for me in forex, so just being cautious I suppose.

It could be!

The only reason I took that short earlier was because the rallies over the past few days had gradually got shallower and shallower, indicating lack of momentum... now we have plenty of momentum on the downside, so I might prefer shorts... indecision from me as ever :)

What do you think?

I'll prefer a short if my stop gets taken out and we see a pullback - I really should really prepare a plan for this!

I see what you mean about the shallow rallies and preferring the shorts - those shallow rallies brought it up to 14100 as well and the top of a channel from 15 to 19 june lows and recent highs, shors v attractive there.

This long right now I have to take, part of my rules when near certain levels after a certain pip amount fall, with trend, r/r etc. If I didn't I'd beat myself up, win or lose!

It's always better r/r on cable. It would have been even better if I hadn't gone to watch tennis and missed my second leg.

My levels for shorts were: 16600 to 16550, 16550 to 16520, 16520 to 16455

Made the first, watching Serena Williams for the second, made the third, roughly 112 pips in total.

A couple of really rubbish trades on ftse though means I'm only slightly in the black.

(y) N1 on the cable trades, shame about the FTSE, was hard to read this morning...

:thread hijack:
Daily cable looks to be forming an ascending triangle which I believe is usually a continuation pattern (?), although that said, it has failed to close above 16600 on every day that it's breached it, so I'm thinking a close below 16350 may indicate it to be a reversal instead (especially as theres also what looks like a double top, and a bump-and-run pattern too)

Good luck with it, but I'm gonna pass, cause I think there might be more downside... but these are very early days for me in forex, so just being cautious I suppose.

Early days for me too - still experimenting with my rules and set ups, and this is one of them.

2hrs in 30 pip range, 14000 not breached - price on 10M settling for 14015.

We get past 14030 as I said then I feel confident

This long right now I have to take, part of my rules when near certain levels after a certain pip amount fall, with trend, r/r etc. If I didn't I'd beat myself up, win or lose!

LOL

Ok, well here's to breaking 14030... testing now!

(y) N1 on the cable trades, shame about the FTSE, was hard to read this morning...

Daily cable looks to be forming an ascending triangle which I believe is usually a continuation pattern (?), although that said, it has failed to close above 16600 on every day that it's breached it, so I'm thinking a close below 16350 may indicate it to be a reversal instead (especially as theres also what looks like a double top, and a bump-and-run pattern too)

Bump n run? Have to look that one up :confused:

LOL

Ok, well here's to breaking 14030... testing now!

It's just worth the r/r when at a major level, I think - and I see that move down as exhausted as it never breached 14000 and no 10M bar stayed anywhere near it thereafter

Plus that channel line and its a sunny day, always a major factor

Ah....OK I feel more relaxed now, past '30

I was right about short on ftse close yesterday but it was hardly worth it, especially compared to todays usa open which I didnt especially anticipate though Iam holding a small etf short as a hedge.

Right now, it seems dead to me & this is not the time to waste energy as far as I can see but theres no harm in looking for scalps and just general moves, thats why its work not play

Is there a good place to go for forthcoming schedule of events. I do receive various info but no master list as such

I like this site for info on share dates:

Investor Research

hey chaps, hope you all got on well today. i see she spat out the 300 once again.

you still got your monster short on leo?

I'll prefer a short if my stop gets taken out and we see a pullback - I really should really prepare a plan for this!

I see what you mean about the shallow rallies and preferring the shorts - those shallow rallies brought it up to 14100 as well and the top of a channel from 15 to 19 june lows and recent highs, shors v attractive there.

Have to leave the house, trailing stop profit for at least +25 locked in, see where it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.