Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
gl mr blix.. will only get involved at this juncture if 4409 is broken, which is looking unlikelty for the time being.

may i ask what SL & TP's you have in place?

stop is 10 pts, target is my 21MA at 4378, but if it's looking sketchy (as it is now) i'd be happy with 4388 which is a major trend line.

it's going sideways at the mo, so it looks like it'll get added to my long line of bad calls which mainly come about with me trying to guess a swing :rolleyes:

ah k good luck..

could you elaborate on the major trendline @ 4388 please when you get a mo..?

im using ma20 and ma50 default.... more through ignorance i've no doubt than any expertise, but seems give somegujidance on the 5 min

just quickly carlos, some people would say that the 5min TF (or perhaps anything lower than 10min) should only be used to get a tighter entry/exit...

the trend line is one i started back in april (poss earlier, my chart wont go back any further now on that TF). the FTSE left that trendline on 1st march, then came back to it on the 13th. my chart has it crossing the 4400 on the 18th (today), so i'm hoping that this is going to be major resistance...but i'm usually completely wrong.

thanks db... keep the faith.. sounds like you've done your homework..

5 mins is soemthing ive been used to since starting my so far short foray into trading. It does me for very short term intra day which is what im interested in really and the more i can learn about price action without indicators the better. if i can earn while i learn with hands on..the tech analysis and indicator confirmation use will become clearer and hoefully easier to understand as i go on.

i am inbetween at mo though as my preferred use of trading is SB. my reasons are - no overheads as such like feed and s/w as (tho some are free but not as reliable) gotta pay rent on brokers or SB anyway and SB = tax free. the problem then of course is the tools for trading and analys are limited..a happy medium is required which is why i like the look of futures betting, from a platform point of view.. need to do more research tho as i know little about them

stopped out - 10 pts. watch it head south now :)

2 wrong calls,me out for today...good luck for the rest of the day everyone.

boo sorry to her that bud.. :-(

will go long here if 4409 busted siginficantly..

gl db.. take it easy

p.s anyone reading this please do not follow me in on any of these.. i am a complete newb (and many other things some may say)

update long if a sig bust of 4410

Last edited:
When viewing this thread there is a banner ad from ODL forex, saying if open and fund an account with $1000 u get a free ipod , is this a good deal ?

i guess it depends on the small print SD & whether you want an Ipod. Depending on the type of Ipod, if it turns out to be a freebie for a deposit and minmal trading with no strings attached then one would have to say yes.

ah cheers geo.. will take a looksie at the footsie

will monitor and make a late deision on this but - long if 4420 busted with gusto

hmm its dithering .. will monitor

Last edited:
boo.. i'll mail them again...they have the facility i'm sure as there is a european POP

what are the symbols for wall street rolling daily (aka SB firms name) and S&P plse geo? little confusing for me - too many indicies lol.

At first glance, it seems the SPY volume data is delayed on freestockcharts.com - on 5min TF, the first volume bar of the day has kept increasing in size for the last 20mins, but of course that bar closed 20mins ago, so I'll be treating volume readings with caution for the moment.

boo.. i'll mail them again...they have the facility i'm sure as there is a european POP

what are the symbols for wall street rolling daily (aka SB firms name) and S&P plse geo? little confusing for me - too many indicies lol.

Yeah, would be great to have live FTSE data!! Boo too.

Search for SPY, and DIJA.

spy looks fine but search for dija not having it..?

the name will be dif but so will the price wont it? due to the SB firms calcs to the real price source?

although not sure spy is same instrrument as SB firms..(S&P rolling daily)

spy looks fine but search for dija not having it..?

the name will be dif but so will the price wont it? due to the SB firms calcs to the real price source?

Ooops, try DJ-30. Yes, I expect the price will differ slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.