Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
barclays starting to look vulnerable.need a break of 270 support

Attachments

• BARCLAYS ORD 25P.jpg
    BARCLAYS ORD 25P.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 136
That answer is spot on.

I'd also suggest a look at Brian Shannon's nightly videos at AlphaTrends. His book is well worth getting as well.

It's all about putting together a tool kit that you're comfortable with.

Another thing is to spend time watching the market and determining how it structures itself. e.g. The S&P is could move quite fast either way here. Double bottom or bear flag on the 5 minute?

I'd also recommend alphatrends for anyone starting out or even experienced. He is an american trader though and has started charging for some of his advice which is no doubt worth the money for anyone with the skills and market access.

He does still post market comments and the occasional video, he is #1 ranked.

www.youtube.com/thermal1

Also check out stocktwits

651ls3.jpg

to05050911428552.jpg

Quote:
Momentum is the name of the game for now and right now most momentum indicators are still moving higher (NYSE Summation index and Cumulative advance/decline line on chart above).

Yesterday the SPX jumped through the 875 resistance and for now the 875 area made provide support. If the Momentum indicators don’t turn down for near term then the market may head to the January high near 940 level.

We have draw a line from the 940 range which could turn into a Neckline of a Head and Shoulders bottom where the left shoulder came back at the November 08 lows. If the SPX tests the January highs on higher volume then that would be a very bullish development and give credit to the Head and Shoulders bottom pattern.

A pull back still would be expect and could pull back down where the Left Shoulder bottom which is near 740 range. There is an old adage that says “Sell in May and Go away” and may hold true this year also.

We will watch the Bullish Percent index, Summation index, Cumulative Advance/decline line and MACD closely for the next clues for a downturn in the market.
Hamzei Analytics Financial Network

3may2fnl9866083.jpg

Last edited:
I'd also recommend alphatrends for anyone starting out or even experienced. He is an american trader though and has started charging for some of his advice

Yep, he's gone the way of all flesh, which is a pity. His pay service, afaik, would be of little use to anyone without the ability to or interest in daytrading US equities and options as a lot of it is trade set ups.

His book is still highly recommended though his educational videos seem to have disappeared.

morning all, Daily FTSE up today, as it has been every morning. Looking for it to hit 4450, and perhaps 4500 from there

Yep, he's gone the way of all flesh, which is a pity. His pay service, afaik, would be of little use to anyone without the ability to or interest in daytrading US equities and options as a lot of it is trade set ups.

His book is still highly recommended though his educational videos seem to have disappeared.

i like this a lot

This world is full of bad news!

Wall street always flourishes bad news into UK markets. Am not suprised soon as US Market opens, Footsie sells its mornings' gain each and everytime.

My FTSE H1 analysis FWIW!

Theoretical top of 4572 - no idea if or when that could occur. But, I have other fib extensions drawn on the H4 chart, which suggest 4600. Eyield are suggesting 4600 aswell.

Just watching for trend line breaks and bounces now.

Attachments

• ft_1h_0805.jpg
    ft_1h_0805.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 134
My FTSE H1 analysis FWIW!

Theoretical top of 4572 - no idea if or when that could occur. But, I have other fib extensions drawn on the H4 chart, which suggest 4600. Eyield are suggesting 4600 aswell.

Just watching for trend line breaks and bounces now.

Who or what is Eyield?

critical juncture here chaps

920 must hold and then we see 930 and above to 950

otherwise below 920 .........then we go down to 905 and below

Anglo American 1605 ...............big number !!

good trade if anyone interested!!

if > 1605 with conviction then 200 day MA next target

if < 1605 then nice short to 1545 and below

Last edited:
Wallstreet, you're back! Good to see you - I had missed your analysis!

Hope your wife is recovering well.

Status
Not open for further replies.