Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about this for a strategy, before some important data/news go long dax and short ftse the same amount, 3 mins before data release, place a tight stop on both orders,

Last edited:
Charts please :)

Francis

I would be grtateful if you could post your ftse charts showing the TL's and triangle you mentioned. Would be good learning experience.

Thanks

hi all havent been here much since i posted my mega charts.

well the ftse has been concentrating in to a fizzle. lots of patterns...

monthly = symmetrical uptrend bullish
30 min = descending triangle bearish
daily = uprising wedge - at some point will fall out.

volumes on the us indices has been wnaing at the rounding top. very difficult area as you can see with the ftse. overnite it actually jumped out of the wedge. i shorted it down.

its been wiser to buy dips recently than go for a big kahuna short expecting huge falls.

TL's have been broken at the tops, most are expecting pullbacks and retraces but they keep getting bought.

so where from here...? i expected ftse to breakout more than it has this morning. it was a nice long trade from 3960. my homework said buy 3940/3950. didnt get that low so never got in.

we have a monster trendline at 4070. reistance at 4040. so watch the 4040/4070 buffer!

cant see any madness on the downside until the uprising wedge goes, if the monster TL holds...

if's and buts. tough tough tough!!!

i can post some charts if you guys are interested.

also has anyone got msn or a live chatroom?

Francis

I would be grtateful if you could post your ftse charts showing the TL's and triangle you mentioned. Would be good learning experience.

Thanks

Wallstreet watch out mate i know where you live if you post a bad idea!

as for the news announcement i do that with a trendline. set up where i think its going then have an order ready in case the original one blows.... hedge matey!! works nicely. advanced strategies like that are really worth investigating like moving stops to breakeven, starting with multiple runners and letting 1 run after hitting original profit target. worth exploring newbies.

heres the charts at the open 8am GMT.

for patterns look here Chart Patterns, commodity and stock chart patterns, charting, technical analysis, commodity and stock price chart analysis, stocks, futures and options trading

Attachments

• 160409ftseeg.jpg
    160409ftseeg.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 160409ftseega.jpg
    160409ftseega.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 135
  • ftse 160409egb.png
    ftse 160409egb.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 136
Wallstreet watch out mate i know where you live if you post a bad idea!

as for the news announcement i do that with a trendline. set up where i think its going then have an order ready in case the original one blows.... hedge matey!! works nicely. advanced strategies like that are really worth investigating like moving stops to breakeven, starting with multiple runners and letting 1 run after hitting original profit target. worth exploring newbies.

heres the charts at the open 8am GMT.

for patterns look here Chart Patterns, commodity and stock chart patterns, charting, technical analysis, commodity and stock price chart analysis, stocks, futures and options trading

good analysis

just keep an eye on JP morgan and goldman Sachs for direction

good analysis

just keep an eye on JP morgan and goldman Sachs for direction

my mind says the bigger move is down.

4040 doesnt appear like a decent enough top as its just popped out of that wedge, my mind says it will fall to the outside of the wedge @ 4000 / 3990 over extend to 4070 and die on its ass.

my mind says the bigger move is down.

4040 doesnt appear like a decent enough top as its just popped out of that wedge, my mind says it will fall to the outside of the wedge @ 4000 / 3990 over extend to 4070 and die on its ass.

i was on my way home when it acually kissed 4065. bah

chart is self explanatory
longer term chart
12 point box size..3 box reversal.close data
s & p 500

Attachments

• S&P 500.jpg
    S&P 500.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 111
Good Evening my friends

been busy running around for the last few days and I have my first cricket match on saturday vs Bredbury St marks so I have been going to net practise. I am Number 3 batsmen(Ricky ponting..huh hum), so i need to get myself back in form for the outdoor season.
Heaton Mersey Cricket Club

Anyway, I'll get my TA cap on and see what i have been missing out on the evening action

S&P 18th April analysis

3 month 4 hr chart = 875 ...............I am surprised we didn't touch it today, but i will definitely be buying on a pull back as 875 target. Once it gets to 875 I will open up a short position

1 month , 1 hr chart = light blue tren line needs to be watched closely, I will be looking for a pull back to 858-860 and then buy with 875 target

1 week 1 hr = 1 month 1 hr , wait for gap fill 858 and then buy

1 week 10 min = 20 MA could provide support in the interim @ 861 ........ wait for confirmation @ 858 and then go long

Attachments

• 18th April 00.20.png
    18th April 00.20.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 18th april 00.38.png
    18th april 00.38.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 18th April 00.54.png
    18th April 00.54.png
    25 KB · Views: 111
good morning everyone.

options expire this morning, if we fill gap at 4052 today, expect the market to rally to 4120, imho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.