Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
its so hard trading today

i am thinking of calling it quits for the day guys

the range is too tight

anyone who has made money this week is a very good trader in my book

WS, im beginning to think its best to trade just the ftse from 6.30am - 12pm and not trade the rest of the day at all. i seem to have a knack for the ftse during this time.

when the us opens they throw the ftse around like no end!!

wot are your thoughts?

WS, im beginning to think its best to trade just the ftse from 6.30am - 12pm and not trade the rest of the day at all. i seem to have a knack for the ftse during this time.

when the us opens they throw the ftse around like no end!!

wot are your thoughts?

the FTSE cash and Future open @ 8.00, so what you are trading before this is following the US of A any hows.

the FTSE cash and Future open @ 8.00, so what you are trading before this is following the US of A any hows.

Aaah yes my favourite T2W colleague, hows it going in the oil pits my friend?

some crazy swings there hey?

I played a short yesterday and did pretty well

$54 is getting weaker and weaker ............and its a matter of time before we burst through it and that will coincide with FTSE breaking 3940 in my opinion .......oil stocks rallying

a bit of a wedge forming here

Attachments

• 10.51.png
    10.51.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Was there any financial news at 10am that caused the reversal? I've found it tough to call today. I've been stopped out twice already.

OK chaps i am signing off and going to the gym

i have opened a FTSE long position

I am long 3906 ...stop loss 3876

risky trade but worth it considering anything under 3900 gets bought straight away

i like to do my homework when i get up to get me my bearings so im ready for the pullback or peak just before the open and go from there.

do you guys have a favourite time? i sometimes switch to the s&p at lunch time as the ftse does get thrown around..

i like to do my homework when i get up to get me my bearings so im ready for the pullback or peak just before the open and go from there.

do you guys have a favourite time? i sometimes switch to the s&p at lunch time as the ftse does get thrown around..

yes i do the same, Im up about 6.30am and see whats happened over night then check support and resistance levels. I prefer S&P later in afternoon as its a safer level to trade, i would need a very stiff whiskey to have the bottle to trade the Dow.

Aaah yes my favourite T2W colleague, hows it going in the oil pits my friend?

some crazy swings there hey?

I played a short yesterday and did pretty well

$54 is getting weaker and weaker ............and its a matter of time before we burst through it and that will coincide with FTSE breaking 3940 in my opinion .......oil stocks rallying

a bit of a wedge forming here

its OK, but then mechanical trading is. this takes out all the emotions of trading.

good luck. (y)

yes i do the same, Im up about 6.30am and see whats happened over night then check support and resistance levels. I prefer S&P later in afternoon as its a safer level to trade, i would need a very stiff whiskey to have the bottle to trade the Dow.

im rewriting my trading plan that i wrote in december. i have my system rules but i have to refine my trading plan every so often to get continuous improvement. i can look at areas of improvement that i have tried to address mentally but cannot change. for instance my big area of improvement at the moment is letting a trade run to a predefined target. for that reason i could just take 10 points each time and see how it works... i use the template off this site which is very helpful..

mark douglas has helped a hell of a lot also if you need to work on that 80% you!

im rewriting my trading plan that i wrote in december. i have my system rules but i have to refine my trading plan every so often to get continuous improvement. i can look at areas of improvement that i have tried to address mentally but cannot change. for instance my big area of improvement at the moment is letting a trade run to a predefined target. for that reason i could just take 10 points each time and see how it works... i use the template off this site which is very helpful..

mark douglas has helped a hell of a lot also if you need to work on that 80% you!

Hey FF - sorry, been looking for the template you refered to, could you point me in teh right direction?

Hey FF - sorry, been looking for the template you refered to, could you point me in teh right direction?

http://www.trade2win.com/media/knowledge/tim-wilcox/T2W_Trading_Plan_Template_2005.pdf

here is the trading plan.

have a go with that, dont just write what the examples are or just money!!

this is really useful if you review it every so often, have a trading plan, have read mark douglas and keep accounting records!

basically if you approach this as your own business it starts to kick in.

OK the FTSE is now forming up inside a triangle on the 10 minute chart, we should see some action either way.

Attachments

• ftse10min.jpg
    ftse10min.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 118
OK chaps i am signing off and going to the gym

i have opened a FTSE long position

I am long 3906 ...stop loss 3876

risky trade but worth it considering anything under 3900 gets bought straight away

just got back from the gym and a stroll in cheadle park

closed position for 12 points profit ( I didn't realise i put 3866 stop loss in by accident...haha!!)

I am happy to sit this out guys

let the bulls and bears fight it out

823 & 3940 once gain

Status
Not open for further replies.