Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
taken 2 contracts profit at 3809, amended remaining 1 contract stop loss to break even

Interesting .........

last remaining contract hit break even ........

FTSE struggling to get past 3800 in my opinion or is it the market makers shaking out all the stops before we really rip up northwards

Ws do you mean 3795 stop loss 3765?????

sorry my friend

I am currently doing a day job, watching cricket highlights of west indies v england and i am attempting to trade whilst doing analysis and post live trades........

it can get confusing ????

short barclays 90 ..........stop loss 95

target 85 - 80

reason - gap fill resistance and trend line resistance ..........

Attachments

• barclays .png
    barclays .png
    19.4 KB · Views: 127
S&P

1 week, 1 hr chart

channel being respected and price of 780 is projected

Attachments

• 12.07 .png
    12.07 .png
    17.2 KB · Views: 128
morning everyone. WS what did you do after you graduated? Im graduating from an Economics and finance degree in a few months, and struggling to secure a job. Really dont want to do masters, but will if I have no other choice. Hope you dont mind the off topic question

short barclays 90 ..........stop loss 95

target 85 - 80

reason - gap fill resistance and trend line resistance ..........

profit taken @ 87

I also decided to close my barclays position at 87 as i am not sure how the US market will play out, I expected the market to fall back below 3800 but it isn't happening

morning everyone. WS what did you do after you graduated? Im graduating from an Economics and finance degree in a few months, and struggling to secure a job. Really dont want to do masters, but will if I have no other choice. Hope you dont mind the off topic question

I was working at British Gas part time in the evenings throughout my college and Uni life(data entry job and it was such a good laugh...best job I ever had, no work just sit around chatting for 2-3 hrs a day!!)

I worked there for a few months whilst applying for jobs(in London as all the stockbroking jobs were there, but my father didn't want me moving away so whenever interviews came he would have a row with me). I then decided(or should I say my father decided) to take a break and travel for a bit and eventually got married in my fathers home country(the rest was history). I kept an eye on the markets but just didn't have the discipline or dedication and got lazy and gave it up for a bit.

I then bought a house and got an IT job my friend recommended as they allowed you to work at home. I then decided on using the job as security whilst I dedicated my time to the markets and kept learning.........

I need to stress that i have never been on any course or dedicated my self to a particular book or methodology. Just trial and error and...........I don't know, i'm just a rookie guys and i am sharing my little success(very little using 2-3 contracts not 100 or 200).

It will be very hard for you to find a job in this current climate as my brother will testify(he has computer scienece and masters in business and still cant get a job).
I would advise you to do your masters and hopefully by the time you finish things will have got better. ...............

Last edited:
thanks for the advice, i think its my only option. bright side is i dont have to say bye to 6 months a year holiday!

Hello Traders,,, lets see what the US action brings us...

afternoon my friend, have you done any trades today?

768 is proving hard to crack on S&P

JP morgan reporting tomorrow so it should be interesting to see what happens to these banks......

I favour the short position

2 trades total so far,
FTSE +10, quick scalp,
SnP short currently +7 , waiting to close it soon.

Citi group, Jp morgan and bank of america rallying hard

I may be wrong with my barclays short...........but that's why we have a stop loss !!!

but lets see how this goes

I will not be shorting this market yet until the financials make there way down

I am short ...........Citigroup selling off a bit!! finally some profit taking

I am short FTSE 3858 ...stop loss 3888

target .......................hmmmm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.