Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

I think that maybe we are getting our wires crossed somewhere. I agree that consistantly taking double the daily range sounds like complete fantasy. HOWEVER, it is of course possible.

I've had odd days when I've made more than the daily range (very rare), and there are of course strategies which are specifically designed to do this (although they are usually not profitable over the long haul)

I am assuming that the pip totals being quoted are a total from multiple instruments. I trade GBPUSD exclusively, and I probably average less than 10 pips a day. This week I've been demo trading, across multiple pairs. I made over 200 pips the first day, and 90 odd pips the second day. Those numbers seam high, but of course I'm trading multiple instruments, but in order to keep risk constant, I'm trading at one tenth my normal size. Had I been actually trading this I would have made 10 times the number of pips, but no more money than I normally would.

Nasdiq has kindly confirmed that although he makes significantly more pips than I, his percentage returns are only 20% or so higher. What at first appear to be astranomical returns, are possibly realistic. I make around 100% per annum, and people tell me all the time that is impossible. But of course Im trading at 5:1 leverage, a decent hedge fund trader with 2:1 or 1:1 leverage who makes 30% a year is a far better trader than I will probably ever be, and conversely, if I upped my leverage, I'd make more money (but experience greater drawdowns)

My critisim of WS is simply that he's using the age old tried and tested method of marketing a strategy based on a high pip count. He's citing a metric that sounds good to the uninitiated, but is practically meaningless. Furthermore, his reluctance to clearly explain the basis on which he accounts for gains and losses does him no favours.

The idea behind an independant review of his trades is sound, and so far he seams to have made some good calls. Even if his results are -3 for the week thats perfectly fine (I'd give my left testicle for those sorts of returns some weeks :LOL:)

I think the original claim that was made by someone was that they took 400 ticks a day on one contract on the ES, so there would be no double counting of ticks eg 4 contracts x 100 ticks a day = 400.

Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

(I'd give my left testicle for those sorts of returns some weeks :LOL:)
About the hare
countryCode
MT
Country
Malta
Town/City
Valletta

Ah.... as a newby I'd feel more comfortable if this was clarified :LOL:

OK folks back to trading ...lets put everything behind us !!

one last chart before I hit the sack

let the chart do the talking

FTSE 100 - H&S has been negated , hence emotive move in opposite direction = short squeeze = bulls in full control

add in china rate cut and lower dollar swap rates = bullish fundamentals

FTSE 100 is now bullish as we are past 75% fib retrace = bias change principle

FTSE target over the Xmas period looks like 200 MA @ 5650 is inevitable now as shorts get squeezed

there is a potential for a pull back to retest the break out level @ 5420, but this is a bull flag and I will certainly be looking to buy

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    18.1 KB · Views: 163

Finally, a trader with manners..........

OK, I maintain a 10 - 15% return per month. If you go to the lowest figure then thats 120% per year. Which I think is pretty good as I've only been in this game for two and a half years.

You will find most of Wallstreet's regulars more than happy to assist any queries if accompanied with manners........

That's a very good performance Nasdiq(y)

With a bit of patience you can increase your account a lot.

If you compound and your monthly profit is 12.5% in 1 year you can turn 10k into 41k.
A bit more patience and in 2 years you can turn it into 169k.

With some really nice patience in 10 years you can turn it into 13 billion.

PS If my calculations are correct in a bit more than 10 years you may become the wealthiest person in the world - just shows you how important is to be patient:smart:

My teacher, a very noble Chinese professor at university taught me whilst doing my Economics degree

trading = Polemics

its about the summation of arguments for and against taking a trade , the arguments of TA and FA analysis

that's all trading is ......whoever has the most arguments will become the best trader !!

Become like Aristotle and plato, learn your arguments and the art of reasoning !!

become a philosopher(trader) in your own right ......

I will certainly honour and give utmost respect to my teach Mr Zhang who is now retired in China somewhere. I will certainly go and meet him some day , but first I must endeavour and build a community of successful traders so that he is proud of my work.

Napoleon Bonaparte once said of China, "Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world."

About the hare
countryCode
MT
Country
Malta
Town/City
Valletta

Ah.... as a newby I'd feel more comfortable if this was clarified :LOL:

Show some respect for the transgendered people, who are you to criticise, its a legitimate alternative lifestyle.

That's a very good performance Nasdiq(y)

With a bit of patience you can increase your account a lot.

If you compound and your monthly profit is 12.5% in 1 year you can turn 10k into 41k.
A bit more patience and in 2 years you can turn it into 169k.

With some really nice patience in 10 years you can turn it into 13 billion.

PS If my calculations are correct in a bit more than 10 years you may become the wealthiest person in the world - just shows you how important is to be patient:smart:

Thank you.

In an ideal world yes, I would be a billionaire in 10 years. But as you know, it doesn't work like that.

The most important thing I find of being a trader is to be consistent in your wins, and always tighten up your analysis. This is a job/career and should be respected as such.

Conversely an associate of mine makes a regular 20% a month and generally ends up with a negative number of pips each month?

Hi Mr Hare

Forgive me for asking but how do you make a positive % return if you end up with a negative pip score at the end of the month? I cannot see how this is possible if you are risking the same amount of cash or %/account per pip. I am not on the wind up i am genuinely interested.

I can see how it is possible if for example I risk £5 per point on an oil trade and the trade loses 20 points -100. I then risk £10 per point on a gold trade and win 15 points = +150. Therefore my net pip score is -5 but my net cash return is positive = £50. However it would be absurd to measure the net point score if my bet sizes were going to vary as the above example shows.

Hi Mr Hare

Forgive me for asking but how do you make a positive % return if you end up with a negative pip score at the end of the month? I cannot see how this is possible if you are risking the same amount of cash or %/account per pip. I am not on the wind up i am genuinely interested.

I can see how it is possible if for example I risk £5 per point on an oil trade and the trade loses 20 points -100. I then risk £10 per point on a gold trade and win 15 points = +150. Therefore my net pip score is -5 but my net cash return is positive = £50. However it would be absurd to measure the net point score if my bet sizes were going to vary as the above example shows.

Sorry for butting in the hare. The stops and the gains vary in terms of pips, but the risk remains the same. That means that the amount you risk per pip is different. On a EURUSD trade you might risk 20 pips, on a crude oil trade you might risk 40 points. If I gain 30 points on the crude, and lose 20 on the eurusd, I would be up 10 points but actually down in terms of %.

Of course there are other ways to achieve it too.

Hi Mr Hare

Forgive me for asking but how do you make a positive % return if you end up with a negative pip score at the end of the month? I cannot see how this is possible if you are risking the same amount of cash or %/account per pip.

As you point out its impossible with a constant bet size. The point is he varies the bet size. Its not something that I'd ever consider, but I have known one or two who seam to be able to make this work.

Its always a nightmare when people start talking about pips, and even more so when scaling in and out of positions.

As you point out its impossible with a constant bet size. The point is he varies the bet size. Its not something that I'd ever consider, but I have known one or two who seam to be able to make this work.

Its always a nightmare when people start talking about pips, and even more so when scaling in and out of positions.

I agree when comparing points/pips it can get very confusing. My preferred method is cold hard cash. The green doesn't lie.

here is a live trade for you

long ftse 5510 , i will add upto 5500

avg = 5505

stop loss = 5465

tgt = 5545 , 5555

long nasdaq = 2289 , upto 2279

avg = 2284

stop loss = 2264

tgt = 2304, 2314

students I am going to bail out here on last 1/3

Nasdaq + 20

ftse + 40

and thats how I trade folks

some like it , some don't !!

I am not in the entertainment business, not here to please people.

I am here to educate, enlighten and empower people so they become independent successful traders

teach people how to fish , never feed them the fish!!

Last edited:

I have just received this kind message from reader

"I wanted to send you a message as I have seen the **** you have been dealing with. Brother ... pay no attention to it... let them hate... i know your a boxing fan like me, remember what mayweather says

"love me or hate me your gonna pay to watch me". "

students I am going to bail out here on last 1/3

Nasdaq + 20

ftse + 40

and thats how I trade folks

some like it , some don't !!

I am not in the entertainment business, not here to please people.

I am here to educate, enlighten and empower people so they become independent successful traders

teach people how to fish , never feed them the fish!!

Eh! did you go long again after 10am ?

Eh! did you go long again after 10am ?

my student know that I always take 2/3 profit @ 1st target

I always hold last 1/3 as a runner in order to maximise my profit on the trade

on numerous occasions my last 1/3 trades pay off my losing trades = more profit !!

amen

FTSe and nasdaq shorts closed + 35

thats + 455 points for the week

I must stress that I have not counted my last 1/3 trades , if they were counted then my profit would be even higher

100 % accuracy on all trades today

Please see independent review to confirm this, nobody can and nbobody will deny my trading ability today...........and from this day onwards people will see the truth!!

only + 45 points left to hit + 500

almost there folks , almost there

A man must always live by his word

FTSe and nasdaq shorts closed + 35

thats + 455 points for the week

only + 45 points left to hit + 500

almost there folks , almost there

A man must always live by his word

WS

P'raps you could answer my question now that you're rested then :)

cheers

jon

I'm not sure how else to take the phrase "All long trades closed +40". To me that means there is no remaining long. I'll continue to exit fully when you text to exit, as that's what I've been doing so far, and I think that's the least confusing way and most consistent.

I am off to whirling dervish evening now my friend

my hands are absolutely hurting

can we talk this over and then you may feel free to type the outcome of the conversation on this thread

I have pm you my mobile number ?

I'm not sure how else to take the phrase "All long trades closed +40". To me that means there is no remaining long. I'll continue to exit fully when you text to exit, as that's what I've been doing so far, and I think that's the least confusing way and most consistent.

yes that is how I used my language = closed 2/3 !!

from now on please interpret it as such because that is how my students understand.

you see all the problems come via communications and misunderstanding which I can clear up very easily

Status
Not open for further replies.