Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
ftse going into a triangle

Attachments

• ftse100.triangle.jpg
    ftse100.triangle.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 127
an improved chart
close data.30 point box size.market is waiting for something to drive it either way

Attachments

• better.jpg
    better.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 125
strategies for trading triangles from holygrail in houston.
set the order for a breach of the triangle in the direction of the trend or the last signal.
if you get the direction wrong.price usually recoils and goes out in the other direction.therefore if you double the order size on the recoil direction,you always get the losses back.this works well for me.i am always looking out for p/f triangles
do not try this uneless you use p/f.this is just an opnion...only

how did everyone get on today? reza! you must have posted 70 posts dude!!

wheres wallstreet lurking?

good morning Francis and everybody else

when the sun comes out and cricket season starts I hardly ever sit at home. I had to go speak to the neighbours & council surveyor yesterday as they are doing an extension and it seems to be encroaching on my side. I didn't even know about the extension and i never received any plans in the post.

we are living in a crazy society chaps

good morning everyone

Has anyone here considered selling options to hedge an index trade

Last edited:
good morning everyone

Has anyone here considered selling options to hedge an index trade

no i just short the DAX or S&P to hedge my trades

I do it all the time, hence why i have 30 point stop losses

If I believe my stop loss will be hit, I then short the DAX predominantly or the S&P(with 30 point stop loss). I usually end up with 10-15 points from hedging my position, so a 30 point stop loss doesn't sound too bad in the end, 30 stop loss - 10/15 hedge = 20-15 point loss in the end !!

but you have to be careful and watch out for reversals, but its very very rare that you will have both trades hit there stop loss.

It works chaps

just give it a try, but it only works if you have a stop loss greater than 20 on your trades.

I prefer not to talk about it on this thread as it can confuse the newbies....keep it simple for them!!

Last edited:
1 week 10 min chart

little mini fake break out , wating for it to trade back into to the descending trend line before I open short

I will watch out for light blue trend line...early short signal if breaks !!

scenario 1 - wait for market to trade to 50/200 MA and then open short as triple resistance with 4040 top!!

scenario 2 - if market powers above 4040 then open up long

I am bearish today and expect the market to fall further but i must trade what I see

Attachments

• 21, 9.23.png
    21, 9.23.png
    25 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
could be going long on FTSE if my indicators give me the go ahead. Could be in around 20 mins - awaiting confirmation.

good morning Francis and everybody else

when the sun comes out and cricket season starts I hardly ever sit at home. I had to go speak to the neighbours & council surveyor yesterday as they are doing an extension and it seems to be encroaching on my side. I didn't even know about the extension and i never received any plans in the post.

we are living in a crazy society chaps

You are an active mancunian!!

well im at work... exited my long from 3980 a bit too early as get too many interruptions.. theres an interesting post in the main section of T2W about trading from work..

well im gonna see if we can sell out of 3940... but it could be back to test the top of teh wedge @ 4100 if not.

Right, well I've got to go out now, so I'm giving it a miss for today unless I get a chance to do the US market this evening

yes,triangles can be very choppy.the market is holding its breath waiting for something to give it direction.the boundaries are the interesting bits

update on the billiton triangle.it broke downwards

Attachments

• biillitontriangle.jpg
    biillitontriangle.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 114
I have been playing BP for a few days now..............very good stock to be trading as calm and collective of support and resistance

I have been short since yesterday but just covered at 200 MA......

I am contemplating a long now but waiting confirmation

Attachments

• bp.png
    bp.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 132
BP dividens cut rumours?

I have been playing BP for a few days now..............very good stock to be trading as calm and collective of support and resistance

I have been short since yesterday but just covered at 200 MA......

I am contemplating a long now but waiting confirmation

Wallstreet1928 have you heard about the rumours that BP may cut its dividend.

barclays

195 .............important level and target in the interim

Attachments

• barclays....png
    barclays....png
    22.7 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.