Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well lets see.. it's a bit of a battle right now.

Btw, have you tried trading $JPY Dr. B, apparently it is the most technical FX pair. E$ is not the easiest trade, imho.

Hello to Kaisen btw!

Hi Geo old buddy old pal.

How ya diddling?

:)

Hi Geo old buddy old pal.

How ya diddling?

Ok Mate, practically given up trading, but still can't help looking at the charts. I tell you, I am hypnotised! :)

How's the trading going? Did you go long eur/yen after we spoke some weeks ago? I told you it was a long trade! LOL

Ok Mate, practically given up trading, but still can't help looking at the charts. I tell you, I am hypnotised! :)

How's the trading going? Did you go long eur/yen after we spoke some weeks ago? I told you it was a long trade! LOL

Hi mate,

I was catching up on this thread and saw you were a bit hacked off with things. Also when we last spoke i could tell you needed some time as it were.

I keep turning those corners and moving forward although a big part of things is that i am the problem - so i am working on that.

Today was almost perfect.

Went long cable at 16278, moved my stop to 16268 after a move in my direction and was stopped out before the main run up! Catching moment and tight stops are something i am working on (amongst other things). So some decent pippage just mised there.

Apart from that i am +30 on DAX, +8 on FTSE and +10 on oil.

Need to go out shortly but cant drag myself away!

You swing trading now?

ATB

... i am +30 on DAX, +8 on FTSE and +10 on oil.

Need to go out shortly but cant drag myself away!

You swing trading now?

ATB

Some nice points there Mr. kaisen! Good stuff.

I might swing trade, but nothing defo yet. I don't have much patience for markets these days :).

Looks like the reds have it so far Dr. B!

Well done Dr. B, all going your way! I have S1 as 1.4976 - your exit? I would hold short a bit longer judging by the recent reaction.

this is the chart i posted earlier, showing the two channels that i think are fighting it out at the moment.

i'll look for more evidence now to try and see if the up-channel is being superseded by the down channel.

Attachments

• up-down channels.png
    up-down channels.png
    21 KB · Views: 92
  • down channel in control.png
    down channel in control.png
    17 KB · Views: 95
FTSE 100 (DEC) Trading Update 15:45

Well we had our small rally but was only short-lived! FTSE (DEC) went up to 5259 when the US markets opened and then came crashing down to currently 5174.

so where next from here?
As long as our support levels hold (5160 and especially 5140), we will see this as another buying opportunity.

aww man, i've been calling this drop on the E$ for days.

i'd be at + 150 pips now...instead i take + 60.

even when i get it right i get it wrong.

aww man, i've been calling this drop on the E$ for days.

i'd be at + 150 pips now...instead i take + 60.

even when i get it right i get it wrong.

More right than wrong though!

edit: I actually think that was the killer conundrum for me and trading - when to exit? - tis not easy

from Ashraf Laidi

2009.10.26 12:27: US stocks extend damage after prominent banking analyst Richard Bove downgraded 3 US banks before the bell; US BankCorp, SunTrust Banks and Fifth Third Bankcorp. Two weeks ago, Bove downgraded Wells Fargo. EURUSD hits our morning target of 1.4950, while USDCAD hits 1.0630 target. GBPUSD fails at the $1.64 resistance while EURJPY fails at the 139 triple top. Oil sheds more than $3.00 hitting $78.30. Look for SP500 to test the 9-week trend line support of 1,055, US 10-yr note looking to retest 3.59%.

Same here guys.
i took just 10 point on DAX instead of over 100 points. That's disgusting trading.It was so strong
even after 1.5 hours of US open.just did not expect. Totally P*****d

Have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.