Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying reading the posts here. Just stumbled on this thread yesterday and have found it quite interesting. I don't trade all of the instruments you do, I mostly focus on the Nasdaq, S&P500, forex, and individual stocks. I'll be around here more often.

welcome, welcome to you my friend

DOLLAR OFF THE HIGHS, THE MARKET OFF HE LOWS, IT'S THAT SIMPLE
By J TRADER on October 20th, 2009 2:51pm Eastern Time
The U.S. DOLLAR index is well off it's highs from 12:30 pm ET. This coincides perfectly with the market making at low at 12:30 pm ET. It's all about the dollar. While the dollar is higher on the trading day it is well off the highs and that is all it takes for these markets to move higher. Whether computer programs are tied to the dollar index or not this happens everyday. Watch that dollar as it is the only indicator that needs following right now.

InTheMoneyStocks - Rant and Rave Blog

YouTube - Market Technical Analysis & Setups - Earnings Good, Economic News Bad...But Dollar Rules The Roost

hi chelski
thanks for usdjpy.it really was the lead today
sounds like you are ultra fit.good stuff.i think you need to be in this game
i used to live near richmond park for 10 years.in sheen.i never slept properly in all those years
east sheen is directly over the heathrow flight path,the planes are low at that point.the first one in at 5 am always woke me up..info for readers of this thread

anyway,back to trading
chart of uup
15 m in data
mixed signals.there is an uptrend,with a minor downtrend.needs to see 22.44 support hold

1585h1y.png

hi chelski
thanks for usdjpy.it really was the lead today
sounds like you are ultra fit.good stuff.i think you need to be in this game
i used to live near richmond park for 10 years.in sheen.i never slept properly in all those years
east sheen is directly over the heathrow flight path,the planes are low at that point.the first one in at 5 am always woke me up..info for readers of this thread

anyway,back to trading
chart of uup
15 m in data
mixed signals.there is an uptrend,with a minor downtrend.needs to see 22.44 support hold

1585h1y.png

Dentist,

Keep an eye on this.
9100 level is powerful resistance. The nearest we got to it today formed a pin bar. There maybe opportunities to short this level tomorrow, until it yields. I think we are heading for 9270 Level which on weekly is 50% fib level.
Spot FX USD_JPY (20-OCT-09).png

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY 1(20-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX USD_JPY 1(20-OCT-09).png
    17.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
stopped out again just before the drop from 992...f#*=ing sick of this stuff sometimes...although its probably just frustration at my lack of discipline

Sounds very familiar to how it often plays out for me so Im trying to only switch opinions on the market when the trend line is broken.

Like today here was the lines I had drawn at 1pm when I posted. I think its correct because it did switch behaviour once it broke out but the majority of the gain comes in the immediate fall which is lost when waiting for a definite failure

b6622990.png

trendftse.png

currencytrend.png

Also the sp500 out of hours would be harder to spot a trend I think then the ftse with proper volume ?

Pivot level for the ftse today was 5251 which worked out, resistance was 5311

Last edited:
Less optimism on the economy and/or news relating to general prospects.
Alot of their share price will be speculative?

be careful with buy orders this morning folks

my analysis states there is high probability we could roll over in US and Europe

especially after double top on DAX yesterday- market leader and FTSE has put in a lower high over the last 2 days

If I had any long positions then i would certainly look to take profiit on them

I will look to open up shorts on DAX and FTSE

be careful with buy orders this morning folks

my analysis states there is high probability we could roll over in US and Europe

especially after double top on DAX yesterday- market leader and FTSE has put in a lower high over the last 2 days

If I had any long positions then i would certainly look to take profiit on them

I will look to open up shorts on DAX and FTSE

OK shorts have been organised and amended to break even

Status
Not open for further replies.