Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dentist

I wonder if you would be so kind as to direct me to an explanation of the charts you put forward - I have seen them before in a couple of areas but not taken the time to understand them. I am intrigued by them and would be immensely grateful for any help that you can provide.

Thanks

Dentist

I wonder if you would be so kind as to direct me to an explanation of the charts you put forward - I have seen them before in a couple of areas but not taken the time to understand them. I am intrigued by them and would be immensely grateful for any help that you can provide.

Thanks
try stockcharts.com

look at chart school

good luck with the mentoring WS.

i'd be interested in gaining some understanding of inter-market analysis (which i believe is a strong point of yours), so i may take a month early next year.

glad to see you getting something back for all the effort you put in on here.

have a good wknd everyone.

and stay away from the call girls lonlad...and you too dentist.

(kidding! :))

Hi everyone, SD and all. I ditched my previous nickname. Was quite childish. This is me LL :) and yes no call girls blix (joking) :cheesy:

One Year Later, One (Trillion) More Dollars
By ITMS on September 18th, 2009 4:30pm Eastern Time
September 15th, 2008, a day that will live in infamy. Famous words, much the same, made in 1941 by our President Franklin D. Roosevelt. As the one year anniversary of the Lehman Brothers collapse approaches, I find myself looking at the economic picture and wondering if we really dodged a bullet or if we traded in our single shot rifle pointed at our head for an semi automatic? Did we really just blow up the asteroid, on a crash collision with Earth, or just shatter it into a million more deadly pieces? Our government, Treasury and Federal Reserve all claim we have averted disaster, apparently the recession is over. I would be thrilled to believe this, I truly would, but let us look at the facts.

As I look over my notes and calculations I find some interesting issues and facts popping up. For instance, would it surprise any of you that far more banks are in trouble now than 6 months ago? The markets are up more than 50% from March, we have been told the recession is over, but more banks are in trouble than ever before. Last year a total of 25 banks failed, this year so far 89 have failed and hundreds more will most likely fail. When I first learned of that fact, it shocked me. If the economy is almost out of this mess, out of recession, how is it that far more banks are in trouble than at the height of the financial crisis?

The recession has been called the worst since the Great Depression. However, the most depressing part of it and what should make everyone of you angry is how the recovery is being portrayed. The term being used is "jobless recovery". As my readers, do you truly know what that means? What is a jobless recovery? How can you have a recovery without jobs (consumer spending)? Simply put, a jobless recovery is one where the jobless consumers do not spend (because they are out of work); therefore the government must pick up the slack and spend for them/us. OK, that is very nice of them, but wait; government spending is actually your and my dollars at work? So in reality a jobless recovery is just another term for the government printing trillions of dollars, mortgaging the future, creating another bubble in order to bail us out of this mess. When the government spends money, they must sell bonds/treasuries. In order to do that, they must get other countries to buy them. Other countries buy these treasuries, then give us money; this money is then spent recklessly due to pet projects, lobbyists and ignorant politicians. Should the "jobless recovery" takes hold, it means we have spent ourselves into a future mess that could even be worse than this latest debacle and as long as it is jobless, the only way to SUSTAIN itself is to have the government continue to spend!

You may ask why? Why is government debt so bad if it gets us out of this horrible recession? Well, for starters, the more debt a country runs up, the less their currency is valued out. In other words, each of your and my dollars is worth less. Take this example, if you have one apple and auction it off as the only remaining apple on planet earth, how much money is it worth? Now, what if you had a trillion apples, how much is each one worth? Of course, the last remaining apple is worth much more than one of the trillion apples. This is the same with the dollars. As strange as it may seem, causing the devaluation of a currency acts as a tax on each member of that country. Think about this. Someone has a 401k with $100,000 in it. That can buy 100,000 apples. Now the dollar's value is cut in half because of massive government spending and deficits. All of a sudden, your $100,000 401k only buys 50,000 apples. If you want to see people suffer? Think about that wealth destruction of that! Not only does this have a taxing effect on a countries people, but in the long run, the US government must raise taxes to in the very least, pay the interest on this debt. No doubt about it. These foreign countries eventually will need to be paid back. To do so, the government must raise taxes. There is NO free lunch over the long term.

The scary thing is what is coming in the next decade. What happens between 2010 and 2020? If we thought this was bad, what happens when taxes spike or the dollar collapses....or both? Like Germany, after WWI, what happens if it ever takes a wheel barrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread? Could this ever happen? This course we are on is scary. Just another bubble in the making after the last 10. We have been told we are finally out of the recession, yet the tracks we are laying could be even more deadly for this country. A "jobless recovery" is just another term for YOUR dollars and debt on each and every one of YOU being used to finance a "fake" recovery. If you understand one thing, understand that!

Gareth Soloway,
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

Usd /yen

potential break out opportunity looming

nice bottoming pattern put in

I WOULD LIKE THE 20MA TO CROSS OVER THE 50 MA

91.7 looks like the trigger line

strategy

> 91.7 ...........go long

< 91.7 ..........keep following the trend down

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY (18-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX USD_JPY (18-SEP-09).png
    22.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
ws.
ramadan has ended today
i bet you are releived.get some food and some sleep at regular intervals now

chart is jpyusd
so the yen has broken down.but still in an uptend.so agreement in terms of usdjpy
15 min data.
the breakdown has a target of 106 area.equivalent to 94 on usdjpy

ftcy1k.png

a retrace to 106 ie 94 still leaves jpy in an uptrend against the $$
we watch for any further breakdowns,if any

50fmnl.png

"It is obvious to many that the USA manipulates markets. They do this very carefully using their massive resources. The USA needs the Euro and the Yen high now. This is because if the Euro or the Yen went down to a level where they should be they could sell cars in the USA market for a discount of let’s say 25%. So where would this leave the USA automakers if brands like Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen, Range Rover and so on were able to sell their cars at a price 25% lower than what it is now.

The situation would be much worse for the USA automakers and thus a few million more jobs would be lost and probably never recovered. So the USA is practicing protectionism by manipulating the currency markets. "

Hmmmm, that theory didn't save the Auto Industry from Bankruptcy ............

nas 100
looking overbought now
long upward columns...minor retraces
especially ,the last major upthrust column
15 min data

29bov1k.png

The return of 'Mrs Watanabe'
By Kosuke Takahashi

TOKYO - Mrs Watanabe, the market's metaphor for Japan's housewife yen speculators, has come back to life. A star of the yen trade's golden days from 2000 until mid-2007, she suffered big losses in the financial turmoil over the past few years. But like a phoenix - or a zombie - she is rising from the ashes as market stability increases risk appetites and yen-selling positions pile up.

Japan's housewives, pensioners and businessmen are behind accelerated sales of the Japanese currency, betting it will resume its decline against high-yield currencies. Lower volatility, which implies smaller exchange-rate fluctuation risk, may encourage them to take advantage of the Bank of Japan's ultra-low overnight lending rate at 0.1% to borrow yen in so-called carry trades to buy assets in Australia, New Zealand, and Europe to increase returns on 1,410 trillion yen ($14.7 trillion) in financial assets.

The yen has been the worst-performing major currency this year, as financial markets stabilized.

Benchmark interest rates are 3% in Australia and 2.5% in New Zealand, compared with 0.1% in Japan, attracting investors to the South Pacific nations' higher-yielding assets. The risk in such trades is that currency market moves will erase profits.

In Japan, individuals have opened 1.23 million margin trading accounts at brokerages that lend money for currency bets as of March 2008, up 92% from a year earlier, according to Tokyo-based Yano Research Institute Ltd, the publisher of an annual report on the business. The number may have exceeded 1.79 million by the end of March 2009, said Kaz Shirakura, a senior researcher at the institute.

"Japanese retail investors used to be very good at contrarian trading methods, by which they buy foreign currencies on dips," Shirakura said. "But now they have become very good at swing trading in a very short term. They earn short swing profits by buying and selling foreign currencies, just like professional traders. Mrs Watanabe has become much cleverer and smarter after the subprime debacle."

Status
Not open for further replies.