Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mas,

Really, really like that chart - a thing of (well constructed!) beauty.

The 15,134 level to give confirmation of bias change to downswide was given on Friday, and naturally the pull back to that level gave the best of entries which, as it was friday (weekend carry charges) I didn't want to take. We are now 130 pips further along in the songbook, but having missed out on all the fun at asian open on yen, now have to wait patiently for short entries - on this and other yen crosses.

hi Lap,

Need it simple mate , it don't take a lot to confuse me ;)

Little late, only had time for a quick read through the posts earlier.
(just saw your cable trades , (y) lovely jubbly)

Re Last post.

As always, it's dependant on time frame, with ref to the daily, I wouldn't say there's been a bias change on daily chart.

On daily, it's more of a Bias continuation so to speak. The bias change on the daily chart occurred on 25/08 (pattern #1), (or an even earlier #2 starting 05/08) so breaking the low of 08/09 , resumes the overall 'bias' (LH's & LL's). (H4 may have had a bias change, isn't obvious to me though, bit messy, don't know about H1 haven't had time to go through (I dont trade 'bias changes' as such remember)

What you seem to be describing is a breakout trade along the lines of STH's & STL's inside a STH & STL 'swing', can see it on H4, it's too 'early' for that setup to trigger on the Daily.

so you either take it as a breakout trade in its own right (if your primary time frame is lower than daily) , or if your 'belief' is that the down trend on the daily is resuming, then shorting there could be a good entry for a longer term trend trade for example.

(Same breakout/pullback setup on the 10min FTSE daily cash friday from 15:00 on, pullback right at the close unfortunately, still it would have held over the weekend.)

With regards the daily chart. my particular thinking (and last fri) is that this move on the daily (02/09-07/09) is a correction to that daily down trend (07/08 - 02/09), and could have a bit further to go to the upside, this is what I'm watching for now, any lower than todays low, I'll take as a possible sign that the continuation of the down trend has already began (the correction 02-07/09 is over), if it holds , then'll I stick to my original thinking, and will only consider longer term shorts after we've had higher prices (daily chart).

Congrats on being asked to write for that site WS (y)(y)

Now short FTSE and S&P having built up positions over the last 2 weeks

Does anyone have a nice crash and burn graphic?

I need a graphic of a guy having jumped out a plane, pulled his parachute, and then watching his lunch exit his sack and fly into the air...

hi Lap,

Need it simple mate , it don't take a lot to confuse me ;)

Little late, only had time for a quick read through the posts earlier.
(just saw your cable trades , (y) lovely jubbly)

Re Last post.

As always, it's dependant on time frame, with ref to the daily, I wouldn't say there's been a bias change on daily chart.

On daily, it's more of a Bias continuation so to speak. The bias change on the daily chart occurred on 25/08 (pattern #1), (or an even earlier #2 starting 05/08) so breaking the low of 08/09 , resumes the overall 'bias' (LH's & LL's). (H4 may have had a bias change, isn't obvious to me though, bit messy, don't know about H1 haven't had time to go through (I dont trade 'bias changes' as such remember)

What you seem to be describing is a breakout trade along the lines of STH's & STL's inside a STH & STL 'swing', can see it on H4, it's too 'early' for that setup to trigger on the Daily.

so you either take it as a breakout trade in its own right (if your primary time frame is lower than daily) , or if your 'belief' is that the down trend on the daily is resuming, then shorting there could be a good entry for a longer term trend trade for example.

(Same breakout/pullback setup on the 10min FTSE daily cash friday from 15:00 on, pullback right at the close unfortunately, still it would have held over the weekend.)

With regards the daily chart. my particular thinking (and last fri) is that this move on the daily (02/09-07/09) is a correction to that daily down trend (07/08 - 02/09), and could have a bit further to go to the upside, this is what I'm watching for now, any lower than todays low, I'll take as a possible sign that the continuation of the down trend has already began (the correction 02-07/09 is over), if it holds , then'll I stick to my original thinking, and will only consider longer term shorts after we've had higher prices (daily chart).

Congrats on being asked to write for that site WS (y)(y)

Actually yes, I hadn't thought of it but yes, it is actually a breakout trade but only accidentally so - the lower end of that range was also the swing low which once broken signalled a downward trend. However I must have had my breakout hat on, mentioning the pullback - the corrective bar is what I look for on a breakout for the entry.

I see your point on the higher TF, but although I keep that in mind really I'm all about the 4H and lower (especially 3H, just to be maverick). Once I'm consistent enough I hope to set myself up for longer term trades where I can go that step higher, but for now I'm all about the 4H and below.

I like the way you put 'belief' in inverted commas there. I'm stuck in a dodgy trade and had two consecutive losers on the yen crosses now which, according to my set ups, were acceptable. I'm trying to find that balance between understanding on a macro level where the market movers are directing the currency while planning my trades on the price action in front of me.

Came out flat today with the gbpjpy short still running near b/e - the cable was a bit of a gift, I don't normally trade it.

I'm going to adjust my charts to use the format of your levels, its so clear!

I am short Euro again 1.4623 ...stop loss 1.4653

target 1.4593

i must have made over 200 pips doing the same trade over and over again ..haha!!

Still hanging in there on S&P by 0.07

Won't be there in the morning tho

DO NOT EXTEND YOUR STOPS IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY

Interested to see the barclays breakdown, seems pretty reasonable to me but I suspect the price will not drop to 260 without alot of momentum because large volume has occurred from 300 downwards, it should put the brakes onto any normal fall.
Confirmation to your play should come with a close below 360 as some volume also registers here

I love that bar from last sept, 270 to 470.

London lad did you hedge yourself against the FTSE position

I was too busy sleeping, it would have been a very prosperous trade

hi folks
nas 100.uptrend slowing.i think
5 min data.1690 looks important

mrebdv.png

I am short Euro again 1.4623 ...stop loss 1.4653

target 1.4593

i must have made over 200 pips doing the same trade over and over again ..haha!!

closed break even, actually 2 pips profit I must confess ..haha!!

I don't like the fact that it has traded around this level all night , possibility of a base being formed here

Status
Not open for further replies.