Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
Totally frustrated. did 20 trades for £100 profit = £5 profit per trade.
this is not the way to trade guys.I always close early for the fear of losing. We should be able to get more than £5 average.

Just my thoughts

Happy Trading for the rest of the day.

Just remember what Jesse Livermore said...

When the market goes against you, you hope that every day will be the last day - and you
lose more than you should had you not listened to hope. And when the market goes your
way, you become fearful that the next day will take away your profit and you get out - too soon. The successful trader has to fight these two deep-seated instincts.

thanks for your kind words ws...i hope you've been doing well, in trading and in general.

i'd ask you about the cricket but i fall asleep... bcbbxvcvvcvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

OHHH...sorry, i was going to say i'd ask you about the cricket but i fall asleep on my keyboard everytime i think about the game... :sleep: :eek:

(KIDDING! :cheesy:)

Good to have you posting again DB! I was thinking of pm ing you today if we didnt hear from you.

:)

ftse

4885 ....key level

if we break 4885 then next level 4855 ....

alternatively if we hold 4885 then we go to 4925 again and beyond

we have broken this trend line so I am being very cautious with longs ..............

we have bounced off 4885 which is a good sign but failure here could cause a big swing down to 4855 and then to 50 MA

1. we held 4885 intraday on FTSE ........

2. nasdaq holding support along with S&P

3. oil broken bear flag pattern and held intraday double bottom

4. UUP/dollar i forecast it to fall

5. Euro currency stabilising and holding support @ 1.4310

just mention a few

Attachments

• US Light Crude (OCT-09).png
    US Light Crude (OCT-09).png
    22.5 KB · Views: 107
S&P 500

latest analysis

10 min chart

getting narrower and narrower

which way will this break ????????

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    21.2 KB · Views: 121
resistance now = support

red diagnal trend line

Educational chart

I hope this helps the NEwbies

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    21.4 KB · Views: 139
Anyone know where I can get a Bullish Percent Indicator/Index for the FTSE?
Does anyone use Point and figure charts for the FTSE? If so, what's the best box size to use? I'm using 10x3 on the Daily chart but this probably only brings up about 6 trade opportunities per month and is too long for a day trader.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get a Bullish Percent Indicator/Index for the FTSE?
Does anyone use Point and figure charts for the FTSE? If so, what's the best box size to use? I'm using 10x3 on the Daily chart but this probably only brings up 2/3 trade opportunities per month and is too long for a day trader.

dentist is your p&f expert.

:)

resistance now = support

red diagnal trend line

Educational chart

I hope this helps the NEwbies

i think that's a bullflag ws. if you copy over and drag down your upper red line you could make the channel of the flag. its sixth strike (which would be on your bottom copied over red line) is it's final one before the consolidation ends and price moves up out of the pattern.

apologies if it was just a typo btw! don't mean to be pedantic!

it is all to do with the range.if the range is narrow/small.it means you have to go down box sizes /timeframes to find a trend and more whipsaws

Anyone know anywhere to get some Bullish Percent Indicators for the FTSE?

you will get youre head blown off if you trade a broadening pattern

so, trade trendline breaks with the double top/bottom triple top/bottom signals and also the same signals in the direction of the current trend?
Are broadening patterns bad to change because of false signals? They show S&R areas, for example the chart above shows some FTSE resistance. Could trade from the resistance line?

hi ws
s500.a nice constriction starting to form.this is a 15 min data chart.there is a price target of 1004..down
the lower timefrme charts are unclear.i will post one in a minute or two
skugbr.png

S&P 500

latest analysis

10 min chart

getting narrower and narrower

which way will this break ????????

a closer look at the triangle
no clear direction as yet.there is a minor uptrend with res overhead/
could go either way
2uqf6ue.png

I never do fundamentals my friend. Only trade what I see on a chart :)
Sometimes positive news causes prices to drop and there is incredibly bad data and prices still go up. How do I know when the markets respond to news or not? So I just ignore it completely.
Saves me a lot of work as well :D
Having said that I do note when news comes out so I can watch how market reacts.
Stop now moved to 4878.

By the way what job do you do? Trading?

No. I am in IT risk and control function for an investment bank.

san miguel
p/f is about bullish or bearish signals.ie breakouts.no trendline breaks.these are only there as a guide.there is only one other signal ..the shakeout,this is a break of support against a strong trend
check out marc rivalland website

No. I am in IT risk and control function for an investment bank.

Papak: mate, what is your basis on going long at 49 some level on FTSE? Could this be a top reversal day/week. We are getting closer to September with very low volumes btw.

I am still struggling to find volume data on FTSE charts. IG doesnt provide volume on FTSE or any indices. Do you look at volumes too on FTSE trading? and if yes, then where?

shanghai market before I :sleep:

looking bearish

producing lower highs on a 1hr chart

Attachments

• Hong Kong HS42 Daily Cash (25-AUG-09).png
    Hong Kong HS42 Daily Cash (25-AUG-09).png
    18.3 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.