Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have 10p per pip with IG. Are you spread betting or trading CFD's ?

I have CFDs, but also spoke to IG Index and they said, their minimum bet size is also £2 per point on FTSE100.

Do you use IG Index (Spreadbet) or Markets (CFD?)

you can certainly do it at gekko markets

GEKKO GLOBAL MARKETS

let me know if you are interested in opening up an account as we both get £100 bonus if Ii refer you
:sneaky:

Hey ws, i am thinking of opening an account with gekko for my son (my name).

He can then start to look at trading. He is 12 in a few months so only 10p a point for him. He already has a job helping the lady next door - he gets paid well for cleaning her pool and some gardening work.
He is bright and mature and I figure at 10p a point he would start to learn a fantastci industry.

Nothing urgent yet but let me know the procedure and if there is a date you have to open an account by to get the 2x100.

:)

I have CFDs, but also spoke to IG Index and they said, their minimum bet size is also £2 per point on FTSE100.

Do you use IG Index (Spreadbet) or Markets (CFD?)

I use IG Index Markets as I trade CFD's. Ask them to change your default size per point to 10p. They do that at their end and you have to restart the software.

Hey ws, i am thinking of opening an account with gekko for my son (my name).

He can then start to look at trading. He is 12 in a few months so only 10p a point for him. He already has a job helping the lady next door - he gets paid well for cleaning her pool and some gardening work.
He is bright and mature and I figure at 10p a point he would start to learn a fantastci industry.

Nothing urgent yet but let me know the procedure and if there is a date you have to open an account by to get the 2x100.

yes that is a good idea, 12 yrs old ........he must be bright!!

I don't think there is a date, all you to do is

To qualify for this Offer, you need to: a) Have an existing live trading account (spread betting, or CFD, or FX) with Gekko Global Markets; b) Refer a friend to open a live trading account (spread betting, or CFD, or FX) with Gekko Global Markets on or after 1st April 2009. Your friend needs to make an initial deposit in excess of £500 (or equivalent) and place 3 opening trades of at least £1 per point, on non-single-equity markets.

2. Once you qualify for this Offer, both you and your referred friend need to email [email protected] with your full names and account numbers, stating that you would like to jointly claim the referral Offer.

bp ...............early sell signal chaps

Attachments

• BP Plc (25-AUG-09).png
    BP Plc (25-AUG-09).png
    21.8 KB · Views: 113
yes that is a good idea, 12 yrs old ........he must be bright!!

I don't think there is a date, all you to do is

To qualify for this Offer, you need to: a) Have an existing live trading account (spread betting, or CFD, or FX) with Gekko Global Markets; b) Refer a friend to open a live trading account (spread betting, or CFD, or FX) with Gekko Global Markets on or after 1st April 2009. Your friend needs to make an initial deposit in excess of £500 (or equivalent) and place 3 opening trades of at least £1 per point, on non-single-equity markets.

2. Once you qualify for this Offer, both you and your referred friend need to email [email protected] with your full names and account numbers, stating that you would like to jointly claim the referral Offer.

Thanks ws.

He is bright and i think he has the attributes to be a successful trader. I will need to go through things with him but he can learn from the sb blurb on different sites, ask me questions and then learn as he goes.
If i work out a max loss with him per week from his current earnings i think it will be interesting and useful for the rest of his life.

ATB

anglo early sell signal ...coincides with FTSE failing @ gap fill

Attachments

• Anglo American Plc (25-AUG-09).png
    Anglo American Plc (25-AUG-09).png
    20.4 KB · Views: 110
IG's tradesense program allows small bets, but it expires after 6 weeks and you can only activate it twice - which I have done.

WS: I cant open any other brokerage account, because IG is the only approved broker for the employees of the bank I work for :(

Thanks ws.

He is bright and i think he has the attributes to be a successful trader. I will need to go through things with him but he can learn from the sb blurb on different sites, ask me questions and then learn as he goes.
If i work out a max loss with him per week from his current earnings i think it will be interesting and useful for the rest of his life.

ATB

it could be a nice cash cow for you

you can teach his friends and set up a little Under 15's junior hedge fund in your garage

trade @ 10p a point ..........

max loss per trader a day = 100 points = £10 .... 4 trades a day @ 25 point stop

profit target = 100 points = £10

all you need is for them to have 3 good days out of 5 and you could be onto something

and it isn't a joke either

that's exactly how a hedge fund works

we should start recruiting at the local school kaisen.....haha!!

Last edited:
it could be a nice cash cow for you

you can teach his friends and set up a little Under 15's junior hedge fund in your garage

trade @ 10p a point ..........

max loss per trader a day = 100 points = £10 .... 4 trades a day @ 25 point stop

profit target = 100 points = £10

all you need is for them to have 3 good days out of 5 and you could be onto something

and it isn't a joke either

that's exactly how a hedge fund works

we should start recruiting at the local school kaisen.....haha!!

:LOL:

I will keep my eye out when he starts his new Grammar school in September! The kids all have to take entry exams and the gcse and A level results are very high so could be a good fertile recruitment ground!

ATB
:D

Split, as mentioned yesterday, there are fibs and pivots in thelonger TFs which line up around this level. Could be totally insignificant as you say...

:D

So what is your strategy?

I've been long since the 1230 x 5min bar broke upwards. I'm holding on, at present, but have no idea about pivots and fibs. When I feel that that's enough, I'm out until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.