Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 16500 looks really tempting for scalps I know, just be aware this may be a double top forming on higher timeframes

Yep.. It's going sideways atm so closed my position @1.6506 to break even.

Yep.. It's going sideways atm so closed my position @1.6506 to break even.

Not a moment too soon :)

My sell order was triggered overnight @ the magic 16,600 - hence my warning, I would be either neutral or short on cable right now imho

Not a moment too soon

My buy order was triggered overnight for a short @ the magic 16,600 - hence my warning, I would be either neutral or short on cable right now imho

Indeed :D

Maybe some resisitance at 1.6470 for your short. Have you got a target in mind?

Indeed :D

Maybe some resisitance at 1.6470 for your short. Have you got a target in mind?

I'm holding my forex trades for longer than my trading with indices (24/72hrs) so I'm looking at higher timeframes, wider stops, smaller position sizes and not paying much attention to the bumps in the road - resistance levels like 16470 (which was only made in a high once, so minor anyway) will be smoothed over in the prevailing downtrend.

As for target, its twice my stop loss which was the difference between my entry and the high yesterday - so 25x2 50 point target - I've made well over (having a quick glance) 150 pips as we speak, so I'm just trailing a stop 30 points behind for now.

The range in the FTSE seems to be getting tighter and tighter every day. Been between 4300 and 4500 for over a month now. I think whichever way she decides to go, its gonna be a hell of a move.

Broker?

Hi Guys, quick tangent! Firstly, can you confirm most of you guys are with IG? Second, do they show volume on their charts?
I am currently with CMC markets.

ws, i know you are with CMC but you said you were looking to switch?

Thanks in advance.

The range in the FTSE seems to be getting tighter and tighter every day. Been between 4300 and 4500 for over a month now. I think whichever way she decides to go, its gonna be a hell of a move.

Yeah I was saying that the other day - its an even tighter range if you go by the diagonal trendlines which are acting with equal strength as the s/r price levels.

I honestly didn't think we'd last to the end of the week without seeing some break either way, esp with announcements around, but still, here we are.

Don't they say the longer it is the more violent the move? Every day I'm expecting it, waiting, waiting....surely any day now....waiting....like the early christians for the second coming...

Hey Leo - we're back at that key support @ 7160/7180 - I'm still loving the saucer! Are you trading this, and how so?

Hi,

Nah i'm not trading it unfortunately! Its annoying as almost every bit of analysis I've made on oil over the past few weeks has been spot on but i haven't been trading it as I've been badly burned with oil in the past (not literally, thankfully :cheesy:)

Also, I think if we don't break out today then monday will be violent. Failing that... tuesday, or wednesday etc... Either way, I'm certain its gonna be big, as you said, the longer the consolidation, the more violent the move I think.

Hi,

Nah i'm not trading it unfortunately! Its annoying as almost every bit of analysis I've made on oil over the past few weeks has been spot on but i haven't been trading it as I've been badly burned with oil in the past (not literally, thankfully :cheesy:)

Also, I think if we don't break out today then monday will be violent. Failing that... tuesday, or wednesday etc... Either way, I'm certain its gonna be big, as you said, the longer the consolidation, the more violent the move I think.

Ah, ok - I'm very familiar with how great analysis always strangely seems to follow great losses...

But what will the catalyst be for the ftse to break out....

Whatever way or whatever reason, I just want to be there :)

FTSE is doing a similar thing to what oil was doing back in April. Long consolidation period before a big breakout. FTSE's triangle is building up opposite to the Oil one, which is one of the reasons why I'm favouring a move southwards

Attachments

• FTSEoil.jpg
    FTSEoil.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.