Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an aside, do you guys think:
A- Brown will go, either by falling on his sword or getting ousted and,
B- What do you think the markets reaction will be, I think we are getting very close to him going personally, maybe as soon as tonight

was there any data released around this time ?

This looked like a normal sell off to me - prices had been steadily rising prior to US open and ftse sold off on open, then retraced 50% (4400 down to 4480, then back 4390). Generally typical and not unusual I think?

It is Monday, and I tend to find (rightly or wrongly) Monday's movements on US open can be more pronounced than other days- a weekend to digest and all that.

My three trades today have all been long from that bottom trendline from May/June lows which I've been taking from 4376, s/l other side of todays lows @ 4366 - got out before 2.30pm don't like to have a position open on the US open.

B- What do you think the markets reaction will be, I think we are getting very close to him going personally, maybe as soon as tonight

Jeez, if the man who 'saved the world' is kicked out of office? How could markets survive!?

Who will replace Gordon Brown ?

I think they need 72 labour mp's to put forward a challenger to Brown. what's the bookies take on this situation.

i couldn't resist another cheeky little short.

+ 30 pts gain today, i suppose i can finish after a 10 pt gain 2moro now... good luck anyone trading the US today.

Excellent trading Dr. Blix. I think the motivational power...

i couldn't resist another cheeky little short.

+ 30 pts gain today, i suppose i can finish after a 10 pt gain 2moro now... good luck anyone trading the US today.

... of the youtube Dog exercising video have been shown.

I'll just have a quick look
Prime Minister 1/4 to leave post before end of August

Paddy Power are paying out on Prime Minister Gordon Brown leaving his post before the end of August.

The Irish firm have slashed Brown's odds on being gone before the end of August from 5/4 to just 1/4 after taking a number of bets.

As the PM finalised his Cabinet reshuffle on Friday, Paddy Power said: "Whilst politicians and pundits are queuing up to suggest the PM's time is nigh, the public have decided it's all over already.

"They're piling in like there's no tomorrow and, for Gordon Brown's leadership, it's looking like there might not be. Punters stand to collect £120,000 in the early payout.

"In political terms the Prime Minister is Brown Bread - it's the only bet punters are interested in today so we're running up the white flag and paying out.

"Now it only remains to be seen if Gordon Brown does the same."

From the Paddy Power site!

FTSE going up on short sellers covering positions(Lloyds -10% to -7% on day) Bunds are at session highs and the DAX is 30-pts off its, wouldnt expect the rally to last. Big divergence on the bund if anyone interested.

FTSE going up on short sellers covering positions(Lloyds -10% to -7% on day) Bunds are at session highs and the DAX is 30-pts off its, wouldnt expect the rally to last. Big divergence on the bund if anyone interested.

welcome , welcome my friend

Hi all, I'm not trading today but thought I'd just stop by and say hi.

Just had a look at a 4hr FTSE chart, and thought I'd post it up to see what you guys make of it. There looks to be a triangle or pennant (not sure what it's called tbh), both of which are supposedly continuation patterns. My problem with this is that would they still have any meaning when taking into consideration the recent consolidation period/rectangle/triple top/whatever you want to call it.

I dunno, I'd be interested to hear you guys' thoughts as I really don't know what to make of it :confused:

Attachments

• FTSE2.jpg
    FTSE2.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 111
anybody know where i can find reliable ftse historical tick by tick data that will mirror Captial Spreads and Ignindex rolling daily prices?

need to collect data for ftse 100 only and import into excel so that i can replicate the graphs for these SB company's

all the free data out there will be for ukx from yahoo etc and will not draw candles at the same points as the rolling daily (even ig and cs are different)

any help will be greatly apreciated..

cheers
cb

RE: 4HR FTSE CHART

Yeah it looks like a triangle but there's no run up to it (which you need for an MPO and validation). The FTSE is in a very defined range so there's no preference to shoot either way. If it did break however and there was strong volume and your other indicators were ok, I'd buy it. Its hard to find a good buy in the markets these days!

Carlos B have you though tof contacting IG or CS ....

anybody know where i can find reliable ftse historical tick by tick data that will mirror Captial Spreads and Ignindex rolling daily prices?

need to collect data for ftse 100 only and import into excel so that i can replicate the graphs for these SB company's

all the free data out there will be for ukx from yahoo etc and will not draw candles at the same points as the rolling daily (even ig and cs are different)

any help will be greatly apreciated..

cheers
cb

.. to see if they can supply the data you need ?

try esignal for data purchase.
there are many data points in 1 day.how far back are you looking
moneyam stream tick data

Status
Not open for further replies.