Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone use charting through IT-Finance? If so what package?

Anyone feeling bullish yet?

i've gone long at 4396 on this soft curve...be nice to see volume too.

i have the daily pivot at 4428, so i'd be happy with anything around there.

i've gone long at 4396 on this soft curve...be nice to see volume too.

i have the daily pivot at 4428, so i'd be happy with anything around there.

with the chart gap i can't see all the data, but i hope we're not in a rising wedge.

it's crashed its small up T line so i'm not very hopeful.

maybe double bottom at 4381.

which time frame there ws? 10 min?

yes my friend

I use 10 min in conjunction with 60 min ..........

it has struggled to get past 20 MA....cross over of that will give me a bullish signal

I am just waiting to see if S7P will hit gap fill 934-935 or not ........if it doesn't and rallies from 938 then bullish signal!!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    22.1 KB · Views: 123
i take my cue from Market and sector leaders

AAl - struggling at 20 MA

BP - building base at 520 , may be up for a rally back to 530

BARC - stuck at 260 .........no more free fall ........

NEXT - chart doesn't look good, gap fill support 1480

balfour beaty - chart looks good

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Talk about sitting on the fence.............

twiddling my thumbs........

S&P fighting to stay above 940 , FTSE fighting to stay above 4390 .......dax fighting to stay above 5100 ..........

which way will it go?
:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

The best trade is Nasdaq

I will go long on any pullbacks, if there is a pull back with stop loss just below 1440

Maybe off the point somewhat, but I just wanted to talk about stops. Suppose you use a stop on the S&P of 32. This is 32 ticks or 8 full points. But either way, one would usually say their stop is 32. On the FTSE, if you say your stop is 32, it may actually be a lot bigger than you think because most traders kind of assume that the FTSE moves point by point, but technically it moves per 0.5 points in the underlying. Therefore, a stop of 32 on the FTSE would translate in to 64 ticks. Just a thought to everyone considering stops, as I know you were Mr Blix.

shouldn't be in there really but the 5TF is showing some nice bullish divergence.

EDIT:

yeah i am in a stop quandary bennie. but favouring S&R now as opposed to arbitrary fixed figures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.