Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
at 1.29pm I will place two trades on DAX (better than ftse since its more volatile) a buy above and a sell below.

Dr Blix,

1.30 US Personal Income and Outlays
3.00 US Ism Mfg index

Both items rated as high

Markets have been very sensitive to news about defaults in mortgage market, although hard to find out when the next news is being released.

Dr Blix,

1.30 US Personal Income and Outlays
3.00 US Ism Mfg index

Both items rated as high

Markets have been very sensitive to news about defaults in mortgage market, although hard to find out when the next news is being released.

i have my bloomberg page set to GMT, it says 12.30 for the income & outllays, is that wrong then?

I believe we are in British summer time, BST....

i have my bloomberg page set to GMT, it says 12.30 for the income & outllays, is that wrong then?
IF bloomberg is correct you should have the result of "income and outlays " do you have the result ?

BST = GMT + 1 hour

I think

things feel a bit more buoyant.

4475 is holding up annoyingly well.

Last edited:
DOW futures are way up...if we haven't bombed in 15 mins i think i'll take whatevers on the table.

closed for 9 pts...that's my daily target, and me out.

short FTSE + 11 pts gain
short FTSE + 9 pts gain

hit my target but made loads of mistakes, good luck everyone for the rest of the day :)

closed for 9 pts...that's my daily target, and me out.

short FTSE + 11 pts gain
short FTSE + 9 pts gain

hit my target but made loads of mistakes, good luck everyone for the rest of the day :)

blimey...just in time too! US markets are too snidey for my liking:eek:

Wow, you closed just in time!

lol! i really don't like trading when the US opens.

i wanted to close my position before 2.30, but like an idiot, i watched it dip into my target level 4 times and didn't take it through being greedy and hoping for more...i closed at the very last dip.

i shouldn't have waited for the 5th time to take my target pts, but i'm bloody glad i got them!

Do you know what caused that? New low one minute, new high the next

i reckon it was china.

the only reason i wanted to get out before the DOW open was reading the DOW futures where right up due to china doing well.

because i've noticed that markets opening higher sometimes take a corrective drop before resuming their upward move (as some sellers may take the profits from their higher stock value) i either wanted out before the DOW open, or, as i was praying, the corrective sell off dip would happen before the market sentiment based on china affected the US markets.

this could all be complete twaddle of course. :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.