Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool dude, green is my favourite colour

keep up the good work

some good analysis

you shoudl start advertising on there after you get so many hits.

yeah i wanted to keep it fairly clean though... i could monetize it but i see so many blogs / sites / tips and they are all cack i want to do something different. its been pretty hot this week might move to live calls but think it would eat a lot of time up. i might to all the indices on seperate blogs... would need someone to help out tho..

did you read some banks have been looking at it!!! mental!

thankyou bud.

well done on the profits

good luck..

i might take you up on that if ok.. re best place for newbs re tech anlaysis tuition/books etc.
i know there are threads on here but sometime you can have too much info to delve throught if you what i mean. you can never beat tuition as it is from the horses mouth so to speak imo.

the style of trading i think i'm mainly interested in is price action intraday stuff.. (SCALPER i hear you say) :)
with my rigid metthds stops & tp are ok and set in stone.. but trading price action stops are ill disciplined so need to sort that for starters.. made 180+ pips and thrown most of it back.. i am devising other methods, and tweaking some ideas i found on top... we'll see.

speak soon

good luck mate

yeah i wanted to keep it fairly clean though... i could monetize it but i see so many blogs / sites / tips and they are all cack i want to do something different. its been pretty hot this week might move to live calls but think it would eat a lot of time up. i might to all the indices on seperate blogs... would need someone to help out tho..

did you read some banks have been looking at it!!! mental!

haha...........well done!!

advise your clients to short all the banks and that will get them nervous....haha!!

haha...........well done!!

advise your clients to short all the banks and that will get them nervous....haha!!

especially when i know which banks are reading it - i can give your tedious hints.

there is quite an avid reader from a law firm where i went for an interview and turned it down in feb 08 i wonder if im getting sued?

barc...there is now a clear area of resistance at 280
3 day candle chart

Attachments

• barc280res.gif
    barc280res.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 108
Is this the best charting package ever

no cost what so ever ?????

Quick Tour of FreeStockCharts.com

what do you think people?

Yes, liking it a lot! Thanks for posting WS.

There's some great features on there I think. Definately going to try it, and If the data is reliable, then it should be a winner.

Fibs on time, fib extensions, fib fans, you can email layouts to other people, easy draw trendlines and extensions, volume, etc, etc- absolutely brilliant!! Hopefully they will add Forex pairs sometime as well.

Thought I'd introduce myself after lurking for a few days - been reading past posts. Have to say the thread is most educational and entertaining.

I'm a total newbie. I bought one of those systems you hear about that promise the world... you know the rest of the story. Anyhow, it's whetted my appetite and I'm trying to gently get to grips with what really goes on in trading. I'll stick around if that's ok, but I doubt I'll have anything useful to contribute for some time.

I saw a recommendation for "BabyPips" somewhere on the forum - it looks like just what the doctor ordered for someone at my level.

Best regards to all, especially WS for starting the thread.

Hi OMG .. from one newb to another.. welcome!

hey WS that Freestock stuff is amazing .. thanks

like geofract if there arent any catches (like data issues or over pricing down the line) and havent found any yet bar the advertising, & they add all major indicies and fx then ffor me it would will be utlra amazing..

thanks again

gl

you get volume for free as well

it can't get better

didn't notice the volume...that's a massive, massive bonus.

shame they won't put it on igindex charts.

if they put on european indices and equities it would be an absolute essential!

can't wait to check dow and s&p with volume to help my TA learning curve :)

i've just found out how to take screen shots, so prepare yourselves (WS, Geo, Francis, Dentist) for some of the most confused charts you're ever likely to see.

you know when toddlers pick up crayons and attack a wall in the living room? that should give you some idea...

i've just found out how to take screen shots, so prepare yourselves (WS, Geo, Francis, Dentist) for some of the most confused charts you're ever likely to see.

you know when toddlers pick up crayons and attack a wall in the living room? that should give you some idea...

LOL!

Post away DR. B - I always like to see everyone else's analysis.

On a side note, I was looking at IG prices for US stocks the other day, and I think you can bet for as little as 25p a point. Which is ideal for me whilst I'm still learning, and I don't really want to go back to demo trading (I can't take it seriously). Anyway, only mentioning that, since now we all have to live US stock data with Volume.

LOL! 25p sounds like a joke doesn't it :)

I still trade FTSE for 50p a point... good thing my business still provides an income, just!

LOL! 25p sounds like a joke doesn't it :)

I still trade FTSE for 50p a point... good thing my business still provides an income, just!

no joke at all geo.

i started trading last year (my position sizes were 2k-10k) in complete ignorance of any financial knowledge, needless to say after an initial honeymoon period of lucky calls things went pear shaped as soon as market conditions changed (or RBS shaped to be more precise).

i joined igindex to get me back into trading using small amounts of real money, as demo trading doesn't help with the psychological element at all (and broker fees and stamp duty really hammer you trading 'real' equities).

i joined the 'trade sense' programme on igindex; position sizes starting at 10p for the first couple of weeks!! but it's not the money that's the issue, it's learning to make the right calls (which i'm still not), irrespective of position size. this allows me to learn at very little comparative cost.

this thread has been a great help btw, so thanks to everyone who contributes with their analysis and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.