Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahah.........

I like your choice of words ...........well said, we need a summary/conclusion!!

How are you doing Dr Blix, are you still paper trading?

mixture of paper trading and some small SB positions on indices. my P/L ratio still sux because i don't pay enough attention to the sensible posts on here!

i think there might be a sell off through may, so holding off trading equities for the time being as i can't short with my broker.

I've been short at 4423 since about 11:15, hoping for support level around 4385

Hi Dr.Blix,
Please can you post the charts to illustrate you point about the 2 bar key reversal, I looked at mine(10 min and 30 min) but could not understand.
Thanks in advance :)
Regards

don't know how to post charts sorry! plenty on google i would have thought though...it's just a chart pattern that can signify a possible change of direction, combined with volume (the higher the volume, the higher the probability of a bigger move) it seems to be an ok indicator of 'potential' swings.

firstly, i use bar charts, not candles as you may be using. i find candles too emotive (STOP GO RED GREEN!) and most of the tiny amount of TA i've looked at is western (american) who seem to favour bars. switch to a bar chart and look at a weekly FTSE chart. look at march. that's a great example of a 2 bar key reversal. it signalled that particular key change in sentiment well.

DOW futures are up, i wonder if we'll see a slight FTSE rise then sell off before the DOW opens.

actually that 2 bar key reversal at lunchtime today superdriveguy was over three TF's (1hr, 30min and 10min), so quite a compelling signal i think.

If they wanted to short the DOW when its closed they could have sold the ftse100/dax as a proxy

was just trying to say that i couldn't see things taking a linear line straight up from the lunchtime key reversal right into the US open.

that if there was positive news on the US markets, i could possibly see a correction somewhere before the continuation of a positive direction.

FTSE 4400 & DAX 4823 ..............if broken then all hell breaks loose!!

this scenario will occur with S&P going below 900 and oil selling off on profit taking before wednesdays crude data ............

let the games begin

scenario almost hit ..................S&P target almost achieved

FTSE & DAX will soon follow

Status
Not open for further replies.