Turbo Morning Trade EA

I got signal from FMT but it's TMT's Filter that saved me from the bad trade today

I had a TMT trade today (full SL).
I had the following filters set:

UseADRFilter true
UseMomentumBoundary true
UseLongCandleFilter true

Have I got my setup wrong?

Thanks

I had a TMT trade today (full SL).
I had the following filters set:

UseADRFilter true
UseMomentumBoundary true
UseLongCandleFilter true

Have I got my setup wrong?

Thanks

Maybe your time was wrong? 0730 Alpari time?

I'm with ThinkForex and they are GMT at present. I traded at TMT setting 0630-0645. Our times seem to agree.... Hmmm?

I think there may be other factors affecting this; I used entry type 1.

Last edited:
Well, I had two TMTs running on separate demo accounts with the same settings on the same computer/connection, this morning.

One traded and the other gave 'no signal', not 'NO TRADE'.

I'm not sure what is going on. Both my FMT accounts, also on the same computer/connection traded.

Anyone else getting spurious results?

Well, I had two TMTs running on separate demo accounts with the same settings on the same computer/connection, this morning.

One traded and the other gave 'no signal', not 'NO TRADE'.

I'm not sure what is going on. Both my FMT accounts, also on the same computer/connection traded.

Anyone else getting spurious results?

My No Trade yesterday was on Alpari US. Had a long today. Using a -25 offset pending trade:
Expert Advisor to me
show details 1:31 AM (5 hours ago)
LONG Trade opened at price : 1.60168.
Must remember next time use a higher TP and lower SL with a pending order. Yesterday I caught the market with -35 pending order. But chickened out, because of the red alert news.

My No Trade yesterday was on Alpari US. Had a long today. Using a -25 offset pending trade:
Expert Advisor to me
show details 1:31 AM (5 hours ago)
LONG Trade opened at price : 1.60168.
Must remember next time use a higher TP and lower SL with a pending order. Yesterday I caught the market with -35 pending order. But chickened out, because of the red alert news.

Thanks. As I suspected, multiple variables at work here in terms of entry settings; not just filters and not to mention connection gripes. I'm migrating my DEMOs onto ThinkForex's VPS today. That should give me a constant from a computing/connection point of view ate least.

Thanks. As I suspected, multiple variables at work here in terms of entry settings; not just filters and not to mention connection gripes. I'm migrating my DEMOs onto ThinkForex's VPS today. That should give me a constant from a computing/connection point of view ate least.

Please let us know how ThinkForex works. My provider, Gallant, seems buggy and crash-prone with Turbo, and their support is worse than their platform. I advise others to look elsewhere for VPS.

Please let us know how ThinkForex works. My provider, Gallant, seems buggy and crash-prone with Turbo, and their support is worse than their platform. I advise others to look elsewhere for VPS.

I have to say I have found ThinkForex to be excellent so far. Quality of advice and speed of service has been second to none; responsive live chat is very good too. Financial security checks out too. Dealing time is spot on, always. Ive had no slippage either. The VPS has just has a revamp and claims 100% uptime with fast connection and STP/ECN availability. Spreads are very reasonable too. I recommend them, thus far.

hi,

I have tried to find this post. Can you help me, please?

I have attached it for you. I found it by using the 'paper-clip' icon in the top right area of this web-page.

Regards

Attachments

• Backtest Turbo Morning Trade.xls
    614.5 KB · Views: 308
Hello, everyone ... Thought I would finally pop in here at T2W. Usually on donnaforex. Quite nice here.

I have a slight problem with TMT ... It only places a live TP when it reaches target, not puts an order for TP ahead of time like FMT. so i am getting slippage. ... stealth is false,.. use atrtrailing, false.

AlpariUK micro.

Hello, everyone ... Thought I would finally pop in here at T2W. Usually on donnaforex. Quite nice here.

I have a slight problem with TMT ... It only places a live TP when it reaches target, not puts an order for TP ahead of time like FMT. so i am getting slippage. ... stealth is false,.. use atrtrailing, false.

AlpariUK micro.

True. But I haven't found any ATR trailing setups that are as profitable as Mark's default settings. Do you have any?

you mean it doesnt actually put an order into the brokers server, so when the price gets there its instant? ... I mean its getting requotes in the journal, trying to close trade on a spike.

you mean it doesnt actually put an order into the brokers server, so when the price gets there its instant? ... I mean its getting requotes in the journal, trying to close trade on a spike.

My guess too. To try to lower risk on predictable spikes, I use fixed targets on red news alert days. My other alternatives are not to trade close to news, or to get out of the market at a safe distance from the announcement.

My guess too. To try to lower risk on predictable spikes, I use fixed targets on red news alert days. My other alternatives are not to trade close to news, or to get out of the market at a safe distance from the announcement.

How do you set a fixed target? Thats what I have been trying to do, so its locked into the brokers side. :confused:

PS: ... I think i will set up multiple charts on different accounts and try variations live.

Last edited:
How do you set a fixed target? Thats what I have been trying to do, so its locked into the brokers side. :confused:

PS: ... I think i will set up multiple charts on different accounts and try variations live.

I've only set a fixed second target on backtests. Not profitable enough for me to use. If I go for a fixed target, I go 100% 35. However, on volatile days, which to me means an Asian range of 40+ pips, I enter a pending order, usually between -25 and -40. Haven't been doing this long enough to recommend it to others.

I've only set a fixed second target on backtests. Not profitable enough for me to use. If I go for a fixed target, I go 100% 35. However, on volatile days, which to me means an Asian range of 40+ pips, I enter a pending order, usually between -25 and -40. Haven't been doing this long enough to recommend it to others.

Ah .... thanks. That clunk you heard was the penny dropping. :smart:

Cheers.