TS2000i help

evostik said:
Hi garethB. Thanks for the suggestion. The closest I can find is under 'SCALE'. It defaults to 'SCREEN' but there is an option for 'ENTIRE DATA SERIES'. I changed it to this but still seem to have a problem. KAKA - are you on TS2000i and if so what did you change.

Thanks folks,

Cheers

Steve

Hi Evo,

I have attached screenshot for my Ts2000 settings

Ian

Attachments

• vwap.GIF
    vwap.GIF
    71.8 KB · Views: 49
Hi

thnx ian for posting the screenshot. evostic u have to change the INDICATOR'S Setting(>scaling) not the chart's. right click on the indicator, and go to scale and put it under same symbol, as above screenshot shows.

Regards
Kako

Last edited:
Sorry ianp but could I also ask you what the "20,2" input values refer to on your VWAP 1 minute indicator.

Thanks Again,

Steve

evostik said:
Sorry ianp but could I also ask you what the "20,2" input values refer to on your VWAP 1 minute indicator.

Thanks Again,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am sorry but I don't have a clue, I got the indicator from a trading friend a couple of years ago, I have only started looking at Nasdaq again in the last month or so.

Ian

Hi Ian. Perhaps it would be interesting to compare our respective versions of the indicator? Would you be happy to email each other with the TS2000i function and indicator so we could see?

Cheers

Steve

evostik said:
Hi Ian. Perhaps it would be interesting to compare our respective versions of the indicator? Would you be happy to email each other with the TS2000i function and indicator so we could see?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I wouldn't feel comfortable passing on other peoples work without there consent.

cheers
Ian

OK Ian, thats fair enough. I got to pop out for a few hours but later, if I sent you what I use, would you mind loading them and just letting me know if they give the same plots as yours do?

Cheers

Steve

evostik said:
OK Ian, thats fair enough. I got to pop out for a few hours but later, if I sent you what I use, would you mind loading them and just letting me know if they give the same plots as yours do?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

if you send your version, I will put them both on a chart and post the screenshot.

Cheers
Ian

evostik said:

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

your vwap is just the same as mine , I overlaid them on the same chart and they appear exactly the same.

Ian

Attachments

• vwap bands.GIF
    vwap bands.GIF
    65.7 KB · Views: 35
Hi All,

Could anyone please shed some light on why I can't seem to be able to get RadarScreen to display the current VWAP value. I am using 1 min data compression for a given symbol and inserting the VWAP indicator as a columb in the normal way (like one does with any other indicator) but instead of displaying the current VWAP value it just displays the "LAST PRICE" value?

I guess I am missing something obvious but after playing around with it for a few days now, with no luck, I would really appreciate some help here.

Many Many Thanks

Steve

evostik said:
Hi All,

Could anyone please shed some light on why I can't seem to be able to get RadarScreen to display the current VWAP value. I am using 1 min data compression for a given symbol and inserting the VWAP indicator as a columb in the normal way (like one does with any other indicator) but instead of displaying the current VWAP value it just displays the "LAST PRICE" value?

I guess I am missing something obvious but after playing around with it for a few days now, with no luck, I would really appreciate some help here.

Many Many Thanks

Steve

Steve
Have you altered the Max bars to look back and the number of additional bars to load ?
These values determine how much data your calcs can look at, and this will make a difference to the result.
Select Radar Screen by clicking on it's Blue bar at the top.
In the main menu at the top of Prosuite, select Format and then Indicator(S) and then "Your indicator name" for All Symbols.
Look in the General Tab for the values you can alter.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I had played with both individually but not together (if you know what I mean)!!

Seems to have fixed the problem for me - muchas gracias.

Steve

Debug window not updating

Hi all
I've been coding and testing and using the debug window in Power Editor to output some values.
At first rows of values appear in the debug window as time passes, but then after a few minutes no more lines appear, so I never get enough values to check all my code. The chart carries on updating ok.
I've hunted around the web and the user manual but can't find any reasons for this.
Can anyone throw any light on this problem ?

Any advice much appreciated.
Glenn

Glen

I don't recognise your problem specifically but, to be honest, I really struggle to use debug until I have zoomed in pretty closely to the problem, then I set some kind of hard coded breakpoint if I need to at the precise point. Others probably have it better sorted.

However, alternative techiques (in TS8.1 but I'm sure they are valid a few versions ago)I have found very useful are:

file append statements to log key values at certain points into a csv file which can be read into excel to examine.

Commentary statements - these can be used to output all the key values on a bar. You can then look at a chart and if something looks wrong use "view commentary" to see these values displayed for each bar you're interested in.

Apologies if this is old news

Regards,

Gareth

garethb said:
Glen

I don't recognise your problem specifically but, to be honest, I really struggle to use debug until I have zoomed in pretty closely to the problem, then I set some kind of hard coded breakpoint if I need to at the precise point. Others probably have it better sorted.

However, alternative techiques (in TS8.1 but I'm sure they are valid a few versions ago)I have found very useful are:

file append statements to log key values at certain points into a csv file which can be read into excel to examine.

Commentary statements - these can be used to output all the key values on a bar. You can then look at a chart and if something looks wrong use "view commentary" to see these values displayed for each bar you're interested in.

Apologies if this is old news

Regards,

Gareth

Gareth
Many thanks for that.
Not old news as I have only recently acquired TS2000i.

Both will be useful I'm sure (provided they keep running and don't grind to a halt - lol).

Thanks again
Glenn

VWAP on RS

I have a couple of questions in relation to using the VWAP on the radar screen-

1)For some reason (unknown to me)- when I include the VWAP indicator on the Radar Screen, it shows me the same values for the vWAP, upper and the lower bands. Although, in the tradestation chart, the same indicator indicates correctly. Please can someone suggest a solution for this?

2) To be able to get an alarm when the price touches the VWAP bands, am I right in thinking that I should tick the 'set alarm' box in the 'format indicator' for the VWAP in the RS? Is there any other way to set the RS to give an alarm when the price touches the bands?

Thanks

Raj

1) On RS click Format symbol and then select "General" and tick the box that says "Load additional data for accumulative calculations" and enter a value of 390 (this is the number of minutes a trading session lasts)

Make sure you have compression set to 1 min for the above.

2) There are other ways of getthing an alert which is written into easylanguage code. Using the RS alert approach is awful because it will constantly tell you an alert has happened and you wont be able to keep up. The sort of line in Easylanguage that will give an alert is like this:

If tTrade = "Buy" and Condition1 then begin

Plot1("Buy", "Alert", Black);
SetPlotBgColor(1, Cyan);
end

Not easy I know as you have to set variables to determine what tTrade would be and what Condition1 is etc but this is a much better way to get alerts.

Paul

Trader333 said:
1) On RS click Format symbol and then select "General" and tick the box that says "Load additional data for accumulative calculations" and enter a value of 390 (this is the number of minutes a trading session lasts)

Make sure you have compression set to 1 min for the above.

2) There are other ways of getthing an alert which is written into easylanguage code. Using the RS alert approach is awful because it will constantly tell you an alert has happened and you wont be able to keep up. The sort of line in Easylanguage that will give an alert is like this:

If tTrade = "Buy" and Condition1 then begin

Plot1("Buy", "Alert", Black);
SetPlotBgColor(1, Cyan);
end

Not easy I know as you have to set variables to determine what tTrade would be and what Condition1 is etc but this is a much better way to get alerts.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your reply; I will try to make the code as you have suggested. How would the alarm be visible; i.e. currently I keep all the charts minimised and the only way I can find out if the band is hit is by opening each chart -with this alarm code what will be the kind of alarm? will it be an additional 'alarm' column with the VWAP in the RS?

Regards

Raj