TS2000i help

ianp

Hi,
I have finally got my tradestation working again, and I am having a problem installing the macci indicator into radarscreen .
I have imported the files into power editor but when I try to install them in radarscreen I get the following errors.(see attached)

As I am tradestaion illitirate any help would be most welcome.

Thanks
Ian

Attachments

• macci1.GIF
    macci1.GIF
    65.2 KB · Views: 53
  • macci2.GIF
    macci2.GIF
    65.7 KB · Views: 31
  • macci3.GIF
    macci3.GIF
    64.2 KB · Views: 36
There is a set of libraries for global variable handling I think you need to install. I don't know exactly what you do in TS2000i but you should be able to find something on the support website if you search the forums for Global Variable

Regards,

Gareth

Hi

i've copied the attached dll file(globalvariable.dll) into below folder, and the first error disappeared:

C:\Program Files\Omega Research\Program

but the problem with GV_Setnamedfloat , still present, i found this link which is offering the answer to be found in a limited part of http://www.tradestationsupport.com forum, it can't be reached without having a username/pass. i don't have any, and can't register too :eek:

Regards
Kako

Attachments

• 200387172956_GlobalVariable1-1.ZIP
    30.6 KB · Views: 23
Ian,

I think that you are missing either some files or file references. Where did you get the indicator ?

Paul

Gareth and Kako thanks for the help.

Paul, the indicator is from Iraj.

Ian

As far as I remember installing global variables involves importing some ELD files into tradestation and copying a DLL called somthing like GlobalVariable.dll I think into your Tradestation/Program directory. You need to be careful to get a compatible set of bits for each other and your version of TS. I got mine for 8.1 from the support site but I don't know whether you can register on the support site as a 2000i user.

Gareth

Kako

I've just read you post more carefully. Your GV zip file is called 1-1 . GVSetnamedfloat is part of version 2.1 of Global variables. So you probably need a version 2-1 zip file. Ask Omega research if they have one. If you get no joy PM me an e-mail address. Likewise Ianp.

Gareth

Hi gareth

yes, i wondered too because i've got the file from a post dated: 2000 :eek:
just PMed u my email, thnx in advance.

Regards
Kako

I think you also have to be careful some files (including some dll's i assume :rolleyes: ) that work with TS arn't downward compatible with 2000i :devilish:
should anyone find the dll (global variables) that works with 2000i would they let me have a copy :)

I don't have Iraj's code so I cant help with that but on the basis it was working when I saw it on his machine I'm sure it is OK. The code I wrote works fine.

Have you put globalvariable.dll in your tradestation "program" directory?

Ianp

I am glad you asked this because Grey1 kindly emailed me the exhaustion(?) code and I got exactly the same errors as you. Would you be kind enough to share the fix with me if/when you get to the bottom of it?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks to all for the help in sorting this out.

The solution was to place the globalvariable dll which I downloaded from the link supplies by Kako into the program folder of omega research.

It all seems to be working now.

cheers
Ian

Hi Ianp

Did you put the entire contents of the unzipped folder into the omega folder or just specific file?

Thanks

Steve

Hi again. I have added the dll as advised in this thread (thank you all) which allowed me to import Iraj's MACCI code withour the errors. I can add the indicator onto a chart but it doesn't acually plot the graph. It puts an automatic scale on the Y axis OK so it seems to be reading data(?) but it just doesn't plot a visible line. Could anyone help me with this please?

Many Thanks

Steve

This should be the final product . using the exhaustion engine you should know where you stand with the trend, You obvioulsy wont open a trade whenthe mometum is exhausted. You can also use the engine in Strategy 3.

Sorry about all the errors you got I just saw all ur postes

using The engine you can cover your shorts if $INDU is OS and longs if OB .

Grey1

Attachments

• engine.png
    engine.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 118
Thanks Grey1 - it works now for me - the problem I had was that the MACCI will only plot in BLACK, even if you change it in the indicator options, and because my 'background' is black you obviosley can't see it!

Have a good day,

Steve

Hi,

can someone advise me how to get the 3 cci columns I have loaded the indiacator and only have one column.

Thanks
Ian

Attachments

• macci4.GIF
    macci4.GIF
    79.4 KB · Views: 49
Ian,

This is what the Global Variable is used for. You need to set up 3 Macci RS screens at one, three and five minute compression. The you open a further screen that is an indicator that references the other three. Do you not have this already ?

Paul